It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marco Rubio Hates Cannabis and Gays

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I cant stand this little fast talking prick. He would reverse any states rights laws the states have passed just like Kristy Kreme. Marco says he would enforce federal laws against marijuana in legal states, he also said he would reverse the gay marriage ruling. Marco Rubio makes Trump look very very cool and that's hard to do. There is something wrong with the fact that the youngest person running is the biggest stick in the mud. Whatever attracts these stupid people to vote for him Ill never know. If Rubio were to get the nod, as a registered republican I would rather see Hilary lying about something every day. I don't think it will be an issue, hopefully its between Trump and Bernie. Even Cruz and his glowing evangelical self wants drug reform, that's bad /

This article is about his crappy drug opinion
www.ontheissues.org...

This article shows he hates gays
news.vice.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:35 AM
link   
why do republicans hate pot so much? it literally boggles my mind. it is akin to going on a crusade against coffee or tea. Where on this planet is a normal place to live!!!???!?!?
edit on 3-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
"no responsible way to recreationally use marijuana" says the guy who probably enjoys a nice scotch and a firm smack to his disobedient wife. im so sick of these losers saying that recreational pot use is sooo bad but yet they pretty much advocate the use of alcohol cuz thats what their daddy and the media taught them just be a good ol boy watch the game and enjoy gluggling booze and rot your liver away but no no no, no pot are you kidding me you know that stuff grows out of the dirt right??? lol what a joke this country and its infrastructure are.

i almost forgot pot is evil because its for da black man to rape all da white women.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Rabb420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
responsible adults making choices for their own health. no way!

...I think its high time they either legalize it completely like alcohol, or ban alcohol, tobacco, and caffine and stop pretending people have a right of self determination and to persue happiness.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Honestly, this issue (legal MJ) is of major concern in this election, because this is an issue a president can actually do something about as opposed to all the other BS they promise.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I cant stand this little fast talking prick. He would reverse any states rights laws the states have passed just like Kristy Kreme. Marco says he would enforce federal laws against marijuana in legal states, he also said he would reverse the gay marriage ruling. Marco Rubio makes Trump look very very cool and that's hard to do. There is something wrong with the fact that the youngest person running is the biggest stick in the mud. Whatever attracts these stupid people to vote for him Ill never know. If Rubio were to get the nod, as a registered republican I would rather see Hilary lying about something every day. I don't think it will be an issue, hopefully its between Trump and Bernie. Even Cruz and his glowing evangelical self wants drug reform, that's bad /

This article is about his crappy drug opinion
www.ontheissues.org...
news.vice.com...

I'm anti prohibition on all drugs. Rubio will get crushed in New Hampshire, he will never get states like California or Florida. He going all in on the bible belt a position that has been tried and failed for the last 20 some years. Hes ideas are backwards and stupid.
Also the gay thing is stupid who cares if gays get married it really shouldn't be a federal government issue. Allow them to marry in court houses or churches that allow it. Protect the rights of other churches that deem marriage between two males or two females unacceptable according to their faith they have the right to say no to gay couples who want to get married in their church.
If gay couples get angry about being told no the state can give them a list of other churches who would be happy to take their money.

edit on 3-2-2016 by jobless1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: jobless1

Sanders has said he tried marijuana once or twice and didn’t like it. But he became the first-ever major party presidential candidate to express support for legalization.

During the first Democratic debate in Las Vegas, Sanders was asked if he would vote to legalize recreational marijuana.

“I suspect I would vote yes,” Sanders said. “I would vote yes because I am seeing in this country too many lives being destroyed for nonviolent offenses. We have a criminal justice system that lets CEOs on Wall Street walk away, and yet we are imprisoning or giving jail sentences to young people who are smoking marijuana.”

Sanders elaborated on his pot position last week during an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

“We have large numbers of lives that have been destroyed because of this war on drugs and because people were caught smoking marijuana and so forth,” Sanders said. “I think we have got to end the war on drugs. I am not unfavorably disposed to moving toward the legalization of marijuana.”

Marc Rubio is a tool. He thinks the Federal Government is above the people.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: jobless1

Sanders has said he tried marijuana once or twice and didn’t like it. But he became the first-ever major party presidential candidate to express support for legalization.

During the first Democratic debate in Las Vegas, Sanders was asked if he would vote to legalize recreational marijuana.

“I suspect I would vote yes,” Sanders said. “I would vote yes because I am seeing in this country too many lives being destroyed for nonviolent offenses. We have a criminal justice system that lets CEOs on Wall Street walk away, and yet we are imprisoning or giving jail sentences to young people who are smoking marijuana.”

Sanders elaborated on his pot position last week during an appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live.”

“We have large numbers of lives that have been destroyed because of this war on drugs and because people were caught smoking marijuana and so forth,” Sanders said. “I think we have got to end the war on drugs. I am not unfavorably disposed to moving toward the legalization of marijuana.”

Marc Rubio is a tool. He thinks the Federal Government is above the people.

sanders is correct. But I don't believe sanders on anything anymore after the audit the fed bill flop he pulled. He revised the bill last minute which gave the fed less over site and accountability of its spending. He talks a great game but backs out when it counts

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I used to be wealthy.

The poorer I get, the more I lean toward the left.

The wealthy, short of revolution, will always make the laws and reap the rewards.

I don't think a bowl to calm the nerves while the world crumbles is too much to ask for.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Screw whoever is "in charge." I'm going to do what I'm going to do.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This is why politicians suck - they think that they have the God given right to tell me what I can and cannot do with my body.

I really wish they would all just # off and die.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

I think we all agree that none of us are voting for Marco Rubio

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Either the law matters or it doesn't.

Federal Laws need to be repealed at the Federal Level or struck down as unconstitutional, not selectively enforced which is what is happening.

Maybe the problem is that the Federal Government has too much power? But then ... that would mean those of you who want your legalized vice would have to surrender the power of government in areas where you do want it.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   
He can enforce federal laws, he can not over turn a supreme court ruling. He would be in a serious fight with the states however if he tries to use the dea for prosecutions.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Screw whoever is "in charge." I'm going to do what I'm going to do.

Exactly! Real humans don't put much stock in what a government think tanks deems good or bad for you!

Roll up a fatty of that skunk, skunkape.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I wonder how many of these bozo's prep school children have "would be" drug convictions that get swept under the rug and/or blacked out of the media altogether. I also wonder how many of them actually see the inside of a cell compared to the rest of us.
edit on 3-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

His opinions seem like they are backwards on these issues. Like I tried to explain to a member yesterday it will be okay. I strongly dislike (hate is a strong word) Obama, Bush, Clinton, Christie and Sanders, but it isn't worth getting angry about. They all may be wrong on so many issues, but ultimately we are the ones that suffer when we 'hate'.

I have backed off on the politics and ATS in general for a variety of reasons, not the least of which was getting infuriated with the morons running for President and their zombie supporters. It wasn't healthy for me.

Anyway, I guess it is easier for me because I don't support any of the candidates, I just dislike some of them more. I know I am going to 'lose' this election so I just said screw it and let it go. Maybe it would help you as well?

Good luck my ATS brother.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I was having a conversation about this in another thread and to this I have to say that at this point, it is likely impossible to crack down on the legal marijuana market and emerge from that unscathed politically. For one, pro-marijuana has a lobby platform now, and it's growing VERY quickly. For two, seven more states are poised to legalize marijuana in 2016. This would bring the total up to 11 plus DC. I'm pretty sure the cat's out of the bag at this point and saying you'd crack down on federal laws now is just wishful thinking and pandering.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

By that logic, I guess the pro-choice movement should just stop fighting the growing movement to restrict abortion. So many states have laws requiring access to surgical centers and hospital admittance, 24-hour wait periods, ultra-sounds, defunding PP ...

I mean, it's out of the bag and there's even a lobbying org for it.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well that a bit different situation since it constitutes the definition of murder. It's also a supreme court case so states can only operate under the interpretation of the law. It's not getting overturned. Ever.

The fight is where is life medically speaking with emperical evidence.

It's also not a growing number its a change of tactics. The pro life movement is shrinking. Don't confuse the money involved with citizens .

I am personally prolife (when it concerns myself) and do think there is a time medically when the fetus is concious that it would be murder if unrestricted. But so does r v Wade.

The only change is politicians and religious groups have found a way to skirt the edge of the law. That is as far as it will go.
edit on 3-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join