It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Rancher’s Body Returned To The Family In Shocking Condition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Boadicea

...and this is that last thing I'll say to you on the matter.

Sounds good -- and I will return the favor. Probably for the best.

Our words will have to stand on their own merit... as always... and mean nothing in the grand scheme of things anyway.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: butcherguy

Did I say anything about your post being off-topic??? I have referenced what is going on in the thread, but you are not the only responding here

I have asked two questions that are fundamental to the topic of the thread. For which there are no answers.

If there are no answers, this thread is a HOAX and should be treated as such.

It's not about you; it's not about me. Beg pardon if you took my comment personally.

Then instead of harping about it, press the 'ALERT' button on the posts that are off topic.
The mods will take care of them.
I only responded because you addressed the post as a reply to one of mine.

Now, as far as this thread being a hoax thread, we will need to see some indication that Finicum was NOT shot nine times or in the face, otherwise it is a thread about what may still possibly be true.
edit on b000000292016-02-03T12:41:36-06:0012America/ChicagoWed, 03 Feb 2016 12:41:36 -06001200000016 by butcherguy because: typo repair.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Thank you kindly; I know how ATS works. You brought up "ALERTING" not me. I'm not harping about being off topic, you brought it up, I answered you.

Chill.

My questions are exactly what you've just stated: if you noted above, I posted the fact that there is no other corroboration for what the OP is alleging. The link in the source of the OP is dead. There is no other evidence (and that is all I am "harping about" if I am, BG ... why are you taking me to task again?)

Didn't you read what you're arguing about? LOL

ADDED AFTER YOUR EDIT:

So ... now, we can just throw up anything posted anywhere on the internet ... with no additional evidence ... and it's true?

Whatever.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Chill.

I was thinking that you should ... before you posted this.

I'm not harping about being off topic, you brought it up, I answered you.

Now you play your turn it around game and blame me for bringing up 'off topic'? You are ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

YOU felt like my comment about the "off topic" nature of posts in this thread was about your comment in your first response to me.

It was not. I clarified that.

Again, do you have any information about the assertions in the OP?

Do you have evidence that Mr. Finicum's body has been released?

Do you have evidence that Mr. Finicum's body has been mistreated or that it has 9 bullet holes.

These are my questions. These are the assertions of the OP and the erstwhile topic of this thread.

You are right ... discussing anything else ... including giving me advice that I don't need ... is ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

"That is why you will not hear any sound on the video in question, it will incriminate the federal police for murder."

There is no audio is because that video was shot from an airplane. Audio would have been impossible depending on the altitude of the aircraft.

Amazing what resolution they have when they can fly so high the plane itself is invisible from the ground.

I have no dog in this fight, just pointing out why there was no audio.

edit on R252016-02-03T13:25:21-06:00k252Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R342016-02-03T13:34:40-06:00k342Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R192016-02-03T14:19:08-06:00k192Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: elementalgrove

Shot in the face, who does that?

Anyone who is trained does that. Two to the torso, one to the head. That's what you are taught. Stop the threat. I'd be very surprised if the officers involved did not empty their guns.

Once Finicum tried to run the roadblock, nearly hitting an officer in the process (You can see the guy jump out of the way in the video) RIGHT THEN he became a target. You don't need any more justification than that and the same thing has happened dozens of times in the past. "Assault with a vehicle." ANYTIME ANYBODY does that they're going to get shot at by police. It was a stupid move on Finicum's part.

The second completely asinine stupid move he did is jump out of the truck and run while yelling, "Go ahead and shoot me!" Whether he was shot BEFORE he moved his hands to his pockets or after you can't really tell from the vid. It was already too late for him then anyway because he had tried to rundown the roadblock.

You guys who are proclaiming "The PEOPLE want accountability!" are talking out your butts, really. Nothing else is going to happen. This is not going to spark a civil war. The "patriot movement" will chalk up another Waco in their resentment file, believing what they want to believe. The people near the area in Oregon have overwhelmingly expressed their support for law enforcement--just read the comments in all the articles in The Oregonian, and the rest of the country, quite frankly, does not care about a few idiots angry at BLM, including Nazi lover David Fry.

Except to a few threads here with the same players, it's a non-issue. with the primaries now in full swing and the Super Bowl about to start, this is barely a blip on the radar screen. ATS doesn't really count.

OK. Now go ahead and foam at the mouth some more. And take your Lisonopril.
edit on 2/3/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of claims on this post, that the 9mm was planted on him while he was unarmed, that he only brought a revolver and a rifle with him and both of those were still back at the reserve. If all he had was a revolver and rifle what is in his shoulder holster in this picture?

Can't tell if it's a 9mm, but it's certainly not a revolver. So he definitely had more than just his rifle and his revolver, how much do you wanna bet that was a 9mm since it's in the same place it looks like he's reaching for in the video?

IF he was given orders to "show his weapon" or something like that before he was killed then it would still be unjustified, but why do people seem to be making up things to fit what they THINK happened instead of waiting for evidence? Fabricating stories doesn't help your cause, especially when the stories are proven false, then ANOTHER story is proposed and jumped on, it just makes people look stupid.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Slanter because: needed to elaborate more

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Oh man, well I have seen video footage where it was already called, that and eyewitness accounts of those at the scene.

*Exhale*

This country is in a pitiful state and seems that evil is rampant and only going to get much much worse in the coming years.

Thank you for this horrendous report.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

This horrendous report is absolutely unsubstantiated and the link in OP's source to the original information is dead.

Just in case that makes a difference.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Slanter

Wait until autopsy is released. I suspect he was shot and therefore going for his side because it was penetrated, a natural reaction.

This is bad, very bad and the family will have to be compensated fully for this senseless act of tyranny.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Nope it doesn't because of the audio I have listened to from the family and friends who were present at the murder of Finicum, the American Hero.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar

Nope it doesn't because of the audio I have listened to from the family and friends who were present at the murder of Finicum, the American Hero.

I really am not surprised.

Just thought I'd check.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

what I'm saying is stop throwing terms around like "Execution!" and "Cold blooded murder!" until there's actually something solid to be outraged about. Suspicion is fine, but crying wolf and changing the details of your accusations every time new evidence is released is HARMING the credibility of suspicion the officers involved overstepped their authority. all this "I THINK he was just reaching for a wound" is all but worthless since the "He was reaching for his weapon" theory is just as likely.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
A great link with pdf of families statements:

fox13now.com...

Attorneys who have viewed the film of the shooting are ready to take action on behalf of the family.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Even more problematic is believing anything that is seen that matches up with prior beliefs regardless of facts to the contrary.

Yet, for some, the fact that there is no proof of either of the assertions in the OP is totally unimportant.

I guess I should have anticipated that.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Never once said execution, but would have have...

Never once said cold blooded murder, but would have...

I did say Murder. Lavoy Finicum was murdered.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I'd say the body has been released to the family.

Funeral services for LaVoy Finicum will be held Friday, February 5 in Kanab, Utah, according to the statement. Kanab is located about 40 miles from Finicum's home town of Cane Beds, Arizona.

According to a Facebook post on "LaVoy Finicum's Stand for Freedom", the funeral will be at a church house at 1436 S. McAllister Drive with visitation from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and a service from 2:30 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. The post states all are invited to pay their respects.

fox13now.com...
edit on pm229pmWed, 03 Feb 2016 14:29:59 -0600 by antar because: Link/ proper credit

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
A great link with pdf of families statements:

fox13now.com...

Attorneys who have viewed the film of the shooting are ready to take action on behalf of the family.

Should we be surprised that there are attorneys willing to take a high-profile case?

Should we be surprised that the family of Mr. Finicum supports him even in death and feels that he was unjustly killed?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Nope not at all on both of your questions. We agree.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join