It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Rancher’s Body Returned To The Family In Shocking Condition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I know they're just people. I know that this is a difficult time for them

Why didn't they release the independent autopsy report?

Why, if they've received the body, haven't they allowed for further independent forensic evaluation?

Have you seen any evidence, outside the questionable material in the OP, that the body has even been released to the family?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Why, if they've received the body, haven't they allowed for further independent forensic evaluation?

Have you seen any evidence, outside the questionable material in the OP, that the body has even been released to the family?

Maybe they are waiting for the police to release audio of the shooting.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

It's almost as though they thought he was BLACK!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Maybe.

Do you have any other reports that Finicum's body has been released?

Do you have any other reports that there were nine shots including a head shot?

That's my question. The sources in the OP have significant issues (as I pointed out) which have also been pointed out by independent "media" (as also sourced.)

Looking for evidence, not supposition.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I obviously don't know. (They haven't consulted me... but I'll let you know if they do!) However, they are under no obligation to do so. They have to protect their interests -- not ours. I'm more interested in why the authorites haven't released the autopsy. The Finicum family didn't kill anyone. It's up to those who did to provide an affirmative defense.

I don't know if they have or have not. Just because we don't know doesn't mean they haven't. If I were them, I'm not sure I would be telling the public. In my case, I agreed to a court-imposed gag order on the principles even though I wasn't required to under the gag order. We don't know what they have or have not done. But I'm sure not going to demand more of the grieving family than I am of the taxpayer funded officials who took his life.

Nope. But I'm not the one making the claim, or presenting it as fact either.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958

What do you all believe?

What do I believe?

I believe it is a steady stream of BS from militia supporters, starting with "He was executed, unarmed, on his knees"

What do I know? I know LaVoy Finnicum's family commissioned an independent autopsy which was completed over the weekend, but 3 days later have refused to discuss or release the results..

I "believe" that is due to the autopsy results will not support that he was shot "at least nine times"...he was shot a maximum of 6 times and more or likely 4 or 5 times....3 initially, then 3 more shots were fired when he went down, likely from a longer distance and while his arm reached up and it appeared as if he could still pull his gun. So 6 max, 3 at close range...3 more fired from long range and uncertain if they hit.

I also "believe" the family is not releasing the autopsy because it does not support the claim that he was reaching for a wound on his lower left torso...there is likely no gunshot wound in that region...otherwise the family would have immediately made the autopsy public vs. silence.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Informer1958

It's almost as though they thought he was BLACK!

If nothing else, I hope this demonstrates to the public that rogue cops are equal opportunity abusers. It's not about Black or White or Purple-Polka-Dot... The "Black Lives Matter" has been exploited to divide us and conquer us. It takes absolutely nothing away from anyone to protect ALL lives; it can only help to join forces. There is strength in numbers.

It embiggens all of us.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I see. There's really no reason to be snide; did I say that the family should be reporting to you? Do they know you?

If I may be allowed a personal comment; that's beneath you.

The authorities haven't released the autopsy because the investigation is still ongoing as outlined by Oregon law.

So ... no evidence of anything in the OP. Thanks.
edit on 3-2-2016 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The family commissioned its own autopsy on Finicum that was completed over the weekend, according to a family member. The family hasn't released details from that autopsy.

www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Thanks for another source.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Maybe.

That's my question. The sources in the OP have significant issues (as I pointed out) which have also been pointed out by independent "media" (as also sourced.)

No.
I am still patiently waiting for the police to release the audio.... and dashcam videos if they would happen to have any.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I see. There's really no reason to be snide; did I say that the family should be reporting to you? Do they know you?

If I may be allowed a personal comment; that's beneath you.

My apologies. I was not trying to be snide or snarky... just making a joke. And obviously a very poor attempt.

The authorities haven't released the autopsy because the investigation is still ongoing as proscribed by Oregon law.

So ... no evidence of anything in the OP. Thanks.

Again, my apologies. But this isn't my OP -- I didn't even flag it because it wasn't confirmed. I didn't make the post, I didn't make the claim, I didn't present it as truth -- in fact, exactly the opposite. You asked a question, I shared what I knew personally, and in fact questioned the validity of the information provided. But neither am I going second guess the grieving family's decisions, nor cast aspersions upon them because they aren't doing what I think they should or should not do. If the state of Oregon feels that there is good reason not to release the autopsy immediately, then surely the family can come to the same conclusions for the same and/or different reasons. They are under no obligation to the public. The government authorities are.

I'm sorry you don't like my answers, but I never meant any offense or disrespect. If I had, it would have been obvious.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Maybe.

No.
I am still patiently waiting for the police to release the audio.... and dashcam videos if they would happen to have any.

The Deschutes County Sheriff's Office announced Tuesday that an investigation into the shooting won't be released for another four to six weeks.

www.oregonlive.com...

So 4-6 weeks...The FBI doesn't do dash-cams, the State Police? Maybe...no one has chased down whether OR invested in dash cams yet?, either way from eye witness accounts (Victoria) most of the people on scene were FBI with maybe 5 State Police. Dash cams of the roadblock cars were not facing the scene and I believe the pursuit vehicle which is the only one that might have had an angle was FBI...no dash cam. Body cams? I'd be shocked if OR State Police had made that investment yet.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

If nothing else, I hope this demonstrates to the public that rogue cops are equal opportunity abusers.

How long do you think the police would have waited if a group of armed black men took something over?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Careful with that kind of talk.

Not posting unwavering support for any and all things militia will quickly get you labeled a pro-tyrannical government shill.

I haven't quite figured out how not supporting one side means you absolutely and unequivocally support the other side, but I'll let you know if and when I do.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So 4-6 weeks...The FBI doesn't do dash-cams, the State Police? Maybe...no one has chased down whether OR invested in dash cams yet?, either way from eye witness accounts (Victoria) most of the people on scene were FBI with maybe 5 State Police. Dash cams of the roadblock cars were not facing the scene and I believe the pursuit vehicle which is the only one that might have had an angle was FBI...no dash cam. Body cams? I'd be shocked if OR State Police had made that investment yet.

Yes, I can believe that there isn't any decent dashcam footage for the reasons that you listed.

But if the authorities come out with a story that there isn't any audio available, I might have difficulty swallowing that one.
I hope the Oregon State police don't communicate by homing pigeon! There should at least be radio traffic to release.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

How long do you think the police would have waited if a group of armed black men took something over?

However long they felt it was personally beneficial or politically expedient... especially in terms of public perception with the goal of dividing and conquering, because folks are so quick to play the race game.

I'm not playing that game. All lives matter. Black lives don't matter because they're Black. White lives don't matter because they're White. All lives matter.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

IDK, just asking/tossing this out for discussion,

Could it be family not releasing autopsy because they want to preserve it for civil or criminal case.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yes, I can believe that there isn't any decent dashcam footage for the reasons that you listed.

But if the authorities come out with a story that there isn't any audio available, I might have difficulty swallowing that one.
I hope the Oregon State police don't communicate by homing pigeon! There should at least be radio traffic to release.

Radio traffic? Maybe...but it would seem unusual for a state trooper to call in on his radio...I just shot a man with his hands up trying to surrender!...There is confusion about whether the women, or one of them, had a cell phone recording? I'd be interested in that...but only to see if stories about what was said inside the truck are accurate...cell phones these days have tons of digital noise suppression designed to limit and process audio only within a few feet...even gunshots outside the vehicle might not show up with modern digital noise suppression and processing. I am a fan of getting all evidence available, but want to manage expectations on what might be there.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
a reply to: Gryphon66

IDK, just asking/tossing this out for discussion,

Could it be family not releasing autopsy because they want to preserve it for civil or criminal case.

They were also given the Medical Examiners report when the body was released. It goes to family and isn't released to the public without family consent or it summoned for court purposes...at least that is what I remember reading on one of the articles.

I don't see how releasing either of those reports would jeopardize any legal case? In the past with questionable officer involved shootings those reports have been released by the family. The only reason not to is (a) if it does not support their public statements or (b) as callous as it sounds...they reserve it as a bargaining chip for legal settlement...Pay us or we go public with the autopsy reports. But if that is the case we will hear about the settlement on the news, not the reports.

Sidenote...the FBI/State Police can cite the report, and I expect them to do so when the results of the investigation is given in a few weeks...

edit on 3-2-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join