It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon Rancher’s Body Returned To The Family In Shocking Condition

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: beyondtruth

I brought up this same issue with you as you know. The officer's left arm and hand in the video look ridiculously elongated including the weapon, while he's carrying it as he runs forward, then pointing it and after he brings it down, and at times doesn't look at all like a gun in his hand which is what caused me to ask you about it. It's strange. I wondered, too, if he was one of those guys who can brace a longer gun against his arm and only use one arm and hand to hold and shoot it, then I wondered about a taser. Weird!

You did bring it up and it is a great point. The only thing I can fathom (in the scenario I mentioned) is that he had some sort of attachment on the gun. I don't know any state police that utilize supresssors/silencer but that is what it sort of looks like to me.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The officer's left arm and hand in the video look ridiculously elongated including the weapon, while he's carrying it as he runs forward, then pointing it and after he brings it down, and at times doesn't look at all like a gun in his hand which is what caused me to ask you about it. It's strange. I wondered, too, if he was one of those guys who can brace a longer gun against his arm and only use one arm and hand to hold and shoot it, then I wondered about a taser. Weird!

The other interesting thing there, is if you watch that officer carefully..he aims it with his left arm extended like a taser and then when he appears uncertain at one point as LaVoy turns, his right hand drops down to where his holster presumably is as you would expect an officer to do.

It's possible that officer emerged from the woods prepared to taser LaVoy, but as LaVoy spun to face him while reaching inside his jacket, the officer on the right fired the quick 3 shots that brought him down.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

The officer's left arm and hand in the video look ridiculously elongated including the weapon, while he's carrying it as he runs forward, then pointing it and after he brings it down, and at times doesn't look at all like a gun in his hand which is what caused me to ask you about it. It's strange. I wondered, too, if he was one of those guys who can brace a longer gun against his arm and only use one arm and hand to hold and shoot it, then I wondered about a taser. Weird!

The other interesting thing there, is if you watch that officer carefully..he aims it with his left arm extended like a taser and then when he appears uncertain at one point as LaVoy turns, his right hand drops down to where his holster presumably is as you would expect an officer to do.

It's possible that officer emerged from the woods prepared to taser LaVoy, but as LaVoy spun to face him while reaching inside his jacket, the officer on the right fired the quick 3 shots that brought him down.

That sounds very plausible. Shawna said she was informed LaVoy had three gun shot holes in his back.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ridiculous they were already shooting at them TASER him yAH RIGHT

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Not going to respond to folks who just say stuff...If you listened to Victoria's verbal account or read what has been transcribed...It was 3 quick shot, pop,pop,pop and he immediately dropped.

No shooting at him before then unless you count when he was in motion and in the truck and then I suspect the majority was aimed at tires, thus bundy getting hit in the arm while on the floor. (via wheel-well)

Sidenote: people just repeatedly claiming stuff as fact without addressing or even examining evidence is really just kind trolling.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

If you listened to Victoria's verbal account or read what has been transcribed...It was 3 quick shot, pop,pop,pop and he immediately dropped.

Could you please post a link to that? I've 'heard' you say that multiple times but I have yet to find it in the vids I've seen. Thanks in advance.

edit on 2/4/2016 by OveRcuRrEnteD because: added quote

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

Not going to respond to folks who just say stuff...If you listened to Victoria's verbal account or read what has been transcribed...It was 3 quick shot, pop,pop,pop and he immediately dropped.

No shooting at him before then unless you count when he was in motion and in the truck and then I suspect the majority was aimed at tires, thus bundy getting hit in the arm while on the floor. (via wheel-well)

Sidenote: people just repeatedly claiming stuff as fact without addressing or even examining evidence is really just kind trolling.

From listening to the women's testimony, the shooting stopped at the truck when, or right before, Levoy jumped out and didn't start again until he dropped to the snow. At least one of the women stated they (in the truck) could see the red laser lights being trained on Lavoy's hat before he exited the truck. I think that is what did it for him as to why he jumped out. He didn't want anyone killed.

edit on 4-2-2016 by tweetie because: added a few words

edit on 4-2-2016 by tweetie because: OK, the shooting at the truck stopped when the truck stopped in the snowbank. LaVoy jumped out right after that.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: OveRcuRrEnteD

If you listened to Victoria's verbal account or read what has been transcribed...It was 3 quick shot, pop,pop,pop and he immediately dropped.

Could you please post a link to that? I've 'heard' you say that multiple times but I have yet to find it in the vids I've seen. Thanks in advance.

I'll do some cut and paste from my posts on the other thread:

1:18:20
because the bullets stopped coming when we stopped, when the vehicle stopped"

(he gets out and stumbles through the snow until)

"3 consecutive shots, like at the same time hit him"

(Interviewer obviously digging for prior shots to account for LaVoy reaching for waist)
Interviewer: So you heard three shots, pop, pop, pop..

"Yes"

"We saw him go down right as the first 3 shots hit"

(FIRST 3 shots...rapid succession..he goes down immediately when they hit)

Now...she says a lot of other stuff...but NONE of it contradicts what she says above..

edit on 4-2-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thank you! I can finally try to correlate this with her other statements and the statements by Shawna.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

I have been looking for this in the 26min. video. And at no point do i see anyone throw a spike wire onto the road. Or anyone who tries to pull the pre-placed spikes into posision before he would pass by?? These are the usually ways the spike wire is put in Place and used. He even drives on the correct side of the road, so it should be prity straight forward to pre-place a spike wire.

He also mentions a net With spikes on it, that punctuer the tiers and wraps it self around the aksel. BUt i dont see a nett either. And if he had driven over the nett he would have stopped practically on the spot. The nett is really efissiont.

I think the roadblock was the main intention to end it. They way it was set up and located... that was not random, that was preplanned.

Side note: I am convinced LaVoy was well aware of the warnings he received from Oathkeepers NOT to put any women and children in danger because of the serious potential for another Waco scenario happening at the refuge so that was always in the back of his mind which was evidenced (to me) by him (and Ryan Payne) yelling to officers there were women in the truck more than once.

Well he was heading to a Meeting if i am not mistaken. I dont know if he was told to come alone. That would not make sense if it was a Meeting about the stand of.
This is also not the first time he has been tricked into a Meeting just to be Arrested instead...there was no Meeting just cops.
This time he was asked to attend a Meeting and it happened again. To me it seamed that he wants to show trust in the authority, and that he is willing to talk. He didnt bring any back up. That is a show of faith and trust.

If he really knew that this was going to happen. He would not have been on the road that day.

Anyway, back to my question above, what do you think from your perspective?

- This was preplanned. And probably enforced by the Governor and the federal government to take Place by a roadblock.

- They never intended to stop or apprihend him at the first stop. They just made sure he moved on to the road Block.

- He drove on the correct side of the road except at one spot. But if there was a spike-wire or a nett. One of the trailing car would probably have hit it as it did not change lanes. I didnt see anyone one the right side of the road trying to pull on any spike wires to move it.....?

- The road Block was set up at the location With intent to supprise him. You can see the break lights go on before he reaches the roadblock. He schooses to try and pass the roadblock on the left side.

- A troopers jumps in front. The truck pulls further to the left. Since there is a lot of snowspray from the front tiers...it woudl indicate that he tried to stear the truck from hitting the trooper.

- The trooper falls.

- The victim exits the truck With his hands Out to the side and over his head.

- Then a person dressed in a black kit. Moves out from between the truck to the left and the rear that makes up the roadblock. He moves past the trooper who is Down in the snow trying to get up.

- The person who moves on the victim starts to shoot at the victim as he passes the first tracks in the snow(left by the victims truck). The victim still have his hands up and over his head.

- The person who moves on the victim keeps on shooting at the victim. The victim brings his hands Down in front of where a belt bucle would be (at 9:29 on the 26min video). He is not trying to Reach for a gun at this point. Because you can see his hands, they are in front of him. This is not easy to see... focus really good.

- Then the victim turns to his left. The vicitm still has his hands out to the side. You can clearly see his right hand. It is not easy to see his left hand because he has turned to the left. The person to he right is still shooting at him. You can see the front sight on his weapn move up and Down, if you focus on the gun. That is a Clear indication that shoots are being fired. The front part of the gun will move up.

- A trooper is approaching from behind the victim With his left hand streached out almost all the way. It looks like he has a weapon. But it is a Taser. Observe his right hand.... He has his right hand ready on the holstered weapon all the time.
The other reason he is not shooting his weapon is because, you dont see the front sight move up and Down. If he was shooting a gun With his left armed streached out that far, his gun would jerk up and Down even more.

- The trooper from the rear did not kill the victim. The person who was in front of him, and that shot at him from the very beginning killed him.

- The victim was not dead imidiatly after he was brought Down. He moves his right hand, and you can see the agent aim at him again after he has moved to the truck.

My personal conclusion of this event. Slopy as hell and way to agressive. Was this done With intent...YES. The suspect was ingaged as he moved away from the car into the open With his hand out and over his head. The victim was surredering, but was not allowed to.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20338388]tweetie
At least one of the women stated they (in the truck) could see the red laser lights being trained on Lavoy's hat before he exited the truck. I think that is what did it for him as to why he jumped out. He didn't want anyone killed.

Possibly...I'd like to think he was thinking about the women in the truck. But one man safely exited the vehicle at the first stop before he fled...and he fled the police with the women in the car...he could have surrendered then..

And given that he was shouting "Just shoot me"?..

Honestly...he knew his way around guns..and that repeated reaching/fumbling for his gun? While shouting just shoot me?

If he wanted to draw, he would have got the gun out...he wanted to provoke the police into shooting him and unfortunately the police were not in a position to gamble.

Actually as tragic as it sounds...if you watch...the officer on the right appears willing to gamble with his own life while LaVoy fumbles and alternates back and forth between hands up and reaching for his gun...that officer on the right held his fire...until LaVoy spun to face the other officer emerging from the woods while reaching inside the coat at the same time...and the officer on the right could no longer gamble...because he can't gamble with a fellow officers life...Once LaVoy spun that cop wasn't risking his own life by not firing, he was risking the other officers life..pop, pop, pop.

Slow Mo and zoomed

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

According to Shawna they had planned to take multiple vehicles and leave at staggered times for the trip to the meeting for their own safety. They were talked out of this by Mr. McConnell who was driving the jeep with Ammon and Buddha as passengers and who rushed them to hurry and leave.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

The first shot fired is @0:06.

The guy behind the black truck ducking away fired and turned around.

Then the victim drops his arms.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   

a reply to: spy66

According to Shawna they had planned to take multiple vehicles and leave at staggered times for the trip to the meeting for their own safety. They were talked out of this by Mr. McConnell who was driving the jeep with Ammon and Buddha as passengers and who rushed them to hurry and leave.

Ok. I didnt know these details.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

In which vieo?

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

That's what I meant. He didn't want anyone shooting at him while the truck sat there. He was afraid for his passengers. That's why he got out, put his arms out, quickly moved away and started yelling at them to shoot him if that's what they were going to do.

LaVoy asked the women to get out of the truck at the first stop. Payne was shot at when his hands and head were out of the window while yelling to officers there were women inside. Payne got out and surrendered but Victoria didn't want to get out because she was afraid. Shawna didn't want to leave her so they didn't get out.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That is precisely disputed by Victoria Sharp who was in the truck with LaVoy...She claims the first shots (3 rapid fire) are the only shots and dropped him immediately.

Again...claiming stuff without examining, watching or listening to evidence is to intentionally muddy the discussion..

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958
I am committed to voting for the most radical changes that are presented to me.
Right now that is Sanders. (I like Stein but full blown socialism causes stagnation.)
Changing the SCOTUS, Heads of the Alphabet Agencies will be helpful so that we do not end up bloodied freaking savages due to complete revulsion.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

LaVoy asked the women to get out of the truck at the first stop. Payne was shot at when his hands and head were out of the window while yelling to officers there were women inside. Payne got out and surrendered but Victoria didn't want to get out because she was afraid. Shawna didn't want to leave her so they didn't get out.

I'll say this on the Payne being shot at thing...I don't "think" it happened. He might have said it and there might have been adrenaline going on fogging perception and memory...but I don't think he was shot at and then decided to get out of the truck. I will wait for his full accounting in court docs to clarify that bit.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I'll say this on the Payne being shot at thing...I don't "think" it happened. He might have said it and there might have been adrenaline going on fogging perception and memory...but I don't think he was shot at and then decided to get out of the truck. I will wait for his full accounting in court docs to clarify that bit.

Fair enough but both women stated a bullet hit between the mirror and the door which is why Payne quickly ducked back inside. I have no idea what Payne would say.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join