It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple deadly Zika virus infections reported in NYC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: NewzNose

Because mosquitos are drones for some evil entity hell bent on population control?

Not necessarily evil.

I'll humor this. If it's secretive and not the will of the individual/people...it is flerking evil. Necessarily.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

f it's secretive and not the will of the individual/people...it is flerking evil.

Depends.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

I believe the people that has been infected is because they have traveled to tropical places where the mosquito lives, Im from PR and the mosquito can be found there too, along with the denque and the chikungunya all the carriers mosquitos are from similar species.

And none of the above virus kills unless it happens to target people with very compromised immune system or complications due to other underlying diseases.

One thing is for sure once you get the disease the body will create antibodies and not vaccine is necessary.

Dengue has never become an epidemic in the US and neither the Chikungunya so I do not expect this new zika to be one
either.

I had the dengue at 14, my family in PR had the chikungunya and they all are alive and well, even my husband and my parents that are in their 80s, my mother had the hemorrhagic version of the dengue back in the 80s and survived she was quarantine for a month because it was one of the first cases of the new mutated dengue.

So, unless the virus turn into a bacteria infection do not expect an epidemic any time soon.

The one infection we have here in Dallas was transmitted sexually. That's kind of a game changer, as we now know it can spread this way.

Our local news interviewed a CDC expert and he said if the right type of mosquito bites an already infected person in the U.S. it can carry the disease and transmit it to another person. So it can spread this way, too.

Yikes.
edit on 3-2-2016 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Does'nt DDT have a lot of awfully adverse effects on a heck of a lot of animal+ bird life too?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Good Lord, Margo...Dengue fever scares the heck out of me! Glad you and family are okay.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Zika also can give Guillain–Barré syndrome which can be bad (you cannot breath)

And it seems mosquitoes are not the only transmission factor now First U.S. Zika virus transmission reported, sexual transmission cited

So far as I know 3 people have died in Venezuela due to Guillain–Barré syndrome induced by zika, but that country is a black box and cant find a good source

A lot of viruses can trigger Guillain–Barré syndrome, some you and most posters here have had in the past and you dont give a secound thought to because its a rare complication.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Is no funny, the dengue, in tropical regions infect almost everybody, but only once in your lifetime unless it mutates like it did in the 1980s, feels like a flu but with a difference, it attacks the nervous system and is not medications that can help but with the fever and headache.

The chikungunya is call the bone crushing virus it attacks the joins and muscles a lot of swelling, making the infected feels like they have RA, this virus stays in the system for up to a year, while it doesn't kill it keeps the people that is infected suffering with arthritis like symptom, so the people that have RA or Arthritis already suffer the most.

So far those infected with the Zika in PR are doing ok, the high risk and concern is for pregnant women as the virus is showing to cause birth defects.

The Island is asking women to delay pregnancies until the mosquitoes that carry the virus is under control.

edit on 3-2-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

A total of 225 Guillain-Barré events recorded in Venezuela

Venezuelan Health Minister Luisana Melo on Friday said there are 4,700 people allegedly infected with the Zika virus in the country, out of which 225 people are suffering from one of the virus complications: the Guillain-Barré syndrome

5% of cases developing Guillain-Barré seems a lot for a virus that don't develop symptoms in 80% of cases

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Sounds to me like chikungunya side effects, taking into consideration that all the mosquitoes are from the same family it could be a combination of zika and chikungunya.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Sounds to me like chikungunya side effects

Probably, probably the doctors of a country that have 150k cases of dengue every year and chikungunya epidemic since 2013 also know what is and isn't chikungunya, who knows
edit on 3-2-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Well it is known that dengue, West Nile and chikungunya and now zika are from the same virus family an the same mosquito, this could be interesting as these variations could be just mutations of the same virus.

In PR once the first case of Zika show up in the metropolitan Area it took only two months for the spread into every town in the Island, we have a population of 3,706,690 as 2015 .

In PR the fatality of cases from chikungunya was minimal, so far from the Zika cases, no fatalities but is dangerous to pregnant women as it causes birth defects.

The spread into the US is expected to be like the spread from the chikungunya mostly from people traveling from infected areas and in the warmer states, but just like the chikungunya it was well controlled in the US so the Zika will be too.

Right now my Island is going to have a big problem with three mosquito born viruses every year.As of today the big pharma is working on a vaccine for all of the viruses of the same family.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

It is a wee bit exaggerated to call Zika deadly. So far as I know, it only kills you if you get one of the rare complications, happen to be unborn (and for leftists who believe in abortion rights, this shouldn't be counted as deadly at all), and for the vast majority, they don't even know they have it because it's that mild.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join