It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mutant butterflies found emerging from Fukushima

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
www.newstarget.com...

''Researchers discovered genetic mutations in three generations of butterflies near Japan’s crippled Fukushima Daiichi site, less than a year after a tsunami destroyed the power plant. These mutations appeared to have spread rapidly through subsequent generations of butterflies. Since the study, little has been reported on how radiation spewing from the power plant has reshaped the neighboring environment.''

-Anyone checked the turtles?
-But on a serious note, it looks to me like if you irradiate a place then you can expect this kind of thing to happen.

I wonder how long until its safe again for human habitation? Perhaps the Illuminati are checking to see how long so they know how long after they blow their nukes they can resurface from their caves and bunkers?

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Mothra?

I wonder how long until its safe again for human habitation?

Pripyat is still unhabited, but wildlife seems to be coming back so who knows, i think Japan will put people there before is safe though
edit on 2-2-2016 by Indigent because: serious engrish mistake completely changing the meaning of my post whoops

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
From reading the article, they gathered the butterflies and mated them in a lab and observed the mutation rates in the offspring. Far be it from me to question how nature works, but if the mutations truly impair the butterflies then won't they have a smaller likely hood of breeding, thus eradicating the mutated genes from the pool?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

they also recollected butterflies 6 month latter in the wild and observed the mutations

The researchers also gathered an additional 240 butterflies from Fukushima six months after the catastrophe. Abnormalities were seen in 52 percent of their offspring, which was “a dominantly high ratio,” Otaki told sources

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: eNumbra

they also recollected butterflies 6 month latter in the wild and observed the mutations

The researchers also gathered an additional 240 butterflies from Fukushima six months after the catastrophe. Abnormalities were seen in 52 percent of their offspring, which was “a dominantly high ratio,” Otaki told sources
Fair enough, must have missed that bit.
edit on 2/2/2016 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

My first thought.

edit on 2-2-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
the chernobyl site, a much worse accident will be uninhabitable for around 20'000 years.
highest iodine detected at chernobyl 1'920'000 tbq, caesium 111'000 tbq, 300 svh rads
highest iodine detected at fukushima 700'000 tbq, caesium 70'000 tbq, 72.9 svh (radiation)
you do the math as to when fukushima's safe.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum
the chernobyl site, a much worse accident will be uninhabitable for around 20'000 years.
highest iodine detected at chernobyl 1'920'000 tbq, caesium 111'000 tbq, 300 svh rads
highest iodine detected at fukushima 700'000 tbq, caesium 70'000 tbq, 72.9 svh (radiation)

Answer is Never!!!!

As its still an on going problem not contained

Chernobyl is contained for now until its shell fails.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

Was it Mothra, Skunkape?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
Mothra?

I wonder how long until its safe again for human habitation?

Pripyat is still unhabited, but wildlife seems to be coming back so who knows, i think Japan will put people there before is safe though

They already have. They now let old people return to their homes in once was designated "unihabitible". Was on the NHK news a few weeks ago. I think I made a post on here about that they really are allowed back in to see what radiation exposure does to them. And since many are in their 70's and up, well it's sad, but we know politicians and scientist work with each other.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
No pics? Was really hoping to see the butterflies.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Butterflies with supernatural powers would be sooo awesome.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Esoterotica

yeah, I wanted to see pics of the butterflies, notice they don't describe how they are different?? what kind of mutation, how severe??

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Soon. Mothmans army will emerge!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
lol what a tease.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: stinkelbaum

It is very hard to compare Chernobyl and Fukushima. First of all you are comparing only very limited array of some of 200 byproducts. If you take into account those (usually nasty) radioisotopes + original fuel, there chemistry and there cycling in different types of ecosystems, you may start to see what is wrong in your assessment. Also Chernobyl disaster is well documented and many times researched topic. We have far less information about Fukushima (not only) because main plume headed west over Pacific. After all this event did not ended yet.

Basic fact recapitulation may help further:
1. There are 3 reactor cores missing in Fukushima. Summed amount of fuel in those reactors was greater then amount of fuel in Chernobyl core. There are also questions around fuel in RBs spent fuel pools in Fukushima. One of Fukushima reactors used MOX fuel which contains plutonium. If enriched uranium is really bad, plutonium is pure nightmare.
2. Chernobyl disaster was somehow contained in 6 months, ie after this time period release of radioisotopes into environment was almost stopped. In Fukushima we have 3 hotspots releasing radioactive and highly toxic whatever for almost 4 years and there is no realistic plan how to stop it.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
But I thought the radiation just mixed in with the water and filtered through the sand ? kidding

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: HD3DSURROUNDSOUND

Pics or it did not happen,

I have bred butterflies and moths, many reasons may cause smaller wings and such.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I posted pretty much the same thread back in 2012

link

So i wonder why they are rerunning what is essentially the same article almost 4 years later?

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Yeah. Don't know why the vid didn't post. There's plenty on YouTube.
Mothra was awesome to me as a child. Not as kick ass as Gamera, though.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join