It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top US generals: Women should have to register for the draft, too

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Is this some kind of globally orchestrated thing? Just today our Dutch minister of defense proposed to change this same law, under the guise of equality between men and women.

www.nltimes.nl...

It's true there's no active military draft for now, but once things get ugly here in Europe, it'll be a convenient addition to the law.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I don't know why we even have draft registration anymore. The government has so much information about virtually every person in the country that a simple database query could give them a complete list of every person eligible to be drafted, male and female.

However, in the unlikely event that a draft ever becomes necessary, I think it should apply to both men and women equally. But I would give drafted females a bit more leeway in terms of where they had to serve. Despite what political correctness would indicate, women are more essential to the procreative process than men.

-dex

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
There will never be another draft in this country, unless an enemy is attacking our shores and borders.
I actually wonder how many commenting here were a part of the last draft. The memories of most of those brave soldiers dying for reasons that had nothing to do with our national security should be enough to prevent it from ever happening again.
And then, you can wade through all of the problems they had receiving proper medical care and benefits for their families.

What the country can do is recruit for professional soldiers that want this way of life, pay them well and ensure their retirement is good enough to avoid homeless shelters and rehabilitation counseling.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
They can do what they want in DC... My children won't be fighting for this country's foreign handlers, period.

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: greencmp
a reply to: crazyewok

OK, my veiled comment seems to require some explanation.

Comfort women.

Why?

That would be government sanctioned rape

Have you seen the reports of rape in the military? It isn't far from that already.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

What the country can do is recruit for professional soldiers that want this way of life, pay them well and ensure their retirement is good enough to avoid homeless shelters and rehabilitation counseling.

Thank you. I myself have never served, but my grandfathers, brothers, uncles, both parents, aunts and cousins have or are serving as well as my husband, and honestly when he decides to leave/ retire I worry about a lot of things, and having a roof over our heads is one of them.

Now on topic

As a woman, ( I'm not a femnazi I swear) If women want equal treatment, pay, ect then yes they should have to sign up for the draft just like men do.
You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?
I personally don't want to join the military, but there are also men that don't want to join.
BUT I also think that a few years right after high school in the military should also be mandatory for everyone. If you like it, stay in, if you don't then get out. Boom depending on what you chose to do while in, you will have a marketable skill, and possibly even some college already done. Now not all things you do in the military can do that, but most do.

maybe I could deal with all the dependas easier then. without destroying my liver in the process

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Oh the water wars will begin soon enough.

Thank god capitalism & the private sector are currently doing such a good job of management & distribution....

a reply to: FamCore

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Actually, I'm completely against the draft. And I honestly think they only want women fighters in the US now because of a declining numbers of male enlistments or similar self-serving reasons, like wanting more available soldiers so they can deploy in more places at once.

In other words, our MIC needs more cannon fodder, so now they're aiming for our sisters, wives, daughters, etc. Nobody should be forced to fight in these BS wars. If someone volunteers, that's fine because they chose that path. But I would absolutely refuse to go fight, kill, or die so Cheney & his minions can seize more resources from people I've never met. That's just dumb.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Top US generals: Women should have to register for the draft, too

Abso-damn-lutely. You want equality? Get your butt over here.

I think we should have mandatory service like Israel and some of the European countries.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Actually, I'm completely against the draft. And I honestly think they only want women fighters in the US now because of a declining numbers of male enlistments or similar self-serving reasons, like wanting more available soldiers so they can deploy in more places at once.

In other words, our MIC needs more cannon fodder, so now they're aiming for our sisters, wives, daughters, etc. Nobody should be forced to fight in these BS wars. If someone volunteers, that's fine because they chose that path. But I would absolutely refuse to go fight, kill, or die so Cheney & his minions can seize more resources from people I've never met. That's just dumb.

Everybody is meeting recruiting goals. And with troop cuts coming that should not be much of an issue even with the economy churning along so well.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Absolutely...other countries require women at age 18 to complete 2 years active duty. Its a great resource, education for them, and in case of troubled times, a valuable asset. So, in those countries, its common for all women to do their 2 years...without a draft either.

I think it great. Women are strong, smart, and intuitive in a way men are not. They would prove invaluable in wartime..and in times of peace.

I knew a few Israeli young ladies years ago...that could kick the crap out of me because of their training!

edit on 2-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Smells like involuntary servitude to me. Or, in other words, just another massive tax scheme. If they can't get cash out of you, they will take the sweat of your labor.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Is the timing a coincidence!
Just this evening while at my parents home I saw an ad on their TV. The ad was to encourage young girls to join the army (UK), it showed a young girl telling her two friends that joining the army would make her a better person!

So, learning to kill makes us better people!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Of course they need to register for the draft thats apart of being a US citizen. You want equality and thats exactly what this is and I agree completely. This isn't just a jab at equality this is equality

edit on 2-2-2016 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

We haven't had a draft since Vietnam.... nor will we have a draft anytime soon

no army ever wanted conscripts

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

peeing, always

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

stock market crushed, national homeless crisis, great economy. adds up to me

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Its actually been a topic of debate for a long time now. A lawsuit was fil3ed trying to change the system where women would be included in the draft. Because, at the time, of the lack of combat positions for females the court said no. Now that its opened up I think changes should be made.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No they want women in COMBAT roles...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   
How Rico's Roughnecks of them.

edit on 2-2-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Its called equal rights.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join