It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Duck Dynasty' Star Wants To 'Rid The Earth' Of Gay Marriage Supporters

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: vjr1113

What book? The same one that says:

"What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside."

Nah, methinks he is not reading the same one.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: jitombe

No one is arguing to take away this man's freedom of speech. Please don't invent tangents to the argument to distort what we are talking about.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Your getting way too deep into semantics and it does sound very petty, to be honest. Marriage is the state of being united. Someone can be said to be "married" to their job. Really, its being petty to ask others to define a word in only the manner you want it defined. Seriously, it just sounds ignorant.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: Slanter
I was trying to be nice that is why I didn't bring up religion in my post.
You don't need to...LOL
You have a certain history. And here you thought nobody paid attention.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

The issue is not what you think is appropriate though. It is simply not. First, in this country we have separation of church and state, that protects us as much as it does anyone else. You don't want the state to have any say over the practice of your religion, and so you should not want its opposite. That is common decency and respect of people who don't all believe the same thing.

The bible in 1 Corinthians 5: 11-13 *although you can read more if you like both before and after, is very clear we are not to judge people who are outside the church. Salvation is an individual thing, and so is repentance of sin. While it is a joyful occasion for someone to come to the saving knowledge of Christ, it is not the business of the church, those who follow Jesus, to demand anyone believe or follow. What God does is HIS own business and I rather think HE can sort things out and certainly wont need our help doing so.

Our business is other believers, our business is in keeping the purity of the church and balancing that with love and forgiveness, which is difficult enough to figure out. Go out demanding that all others conform, even against their will, to the teachings of Jesus, and you make Jesus out to be a weakling who is unable to execute HIS own will without your help. Jesus did not institute a theocratic government, much to the Israeli's dismay at the time, and we should be careful to echo Jesus in our own lives and actions, not simply dismiss HIS way.

Should you vote your conscious? Yes, you have to but also so does everyone else. At which time your conscious is not the majority view, that is when you walk away in kindness for all and show the world what Jesus stood for really, and let God deal with what is HIS own business, as HE has the power to do whatever HE pleases.

At some point it is written that God will lift HIS restraining Hand and give people over to themselves and their desires. Do you disagree with GOD? I would think take it up with God then, but HIS Word is unchanging, and I seriously doubt you will win the argument.

edit on 4-2-2016 by Kitana because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join