It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Worms??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Hope this post is received better than the last few! Here goes...

I've been enjoying the recent Twitter feed pictures uploaded by the British astronaut Tim Peake as have many people. That's when this particular pictured "peaked" my interest (sorry for the pun, but couldn't resist...)

Bearing in mind my provocative title, can anybody explain the worm like objects flying around the reflection of Tim's hands in the picture? To me they look like fast moving objects and appear to be very abundant. The dreamer in me likes to think these might be living organisms flying around him. Be gentle and please look closely at the image before trashing me...

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: kuraijanai2013
Re sized the pic.

I think this is something best viewed in motion, i doubt it's any life form though.

edit on 2-2-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
couldnt they just be scratches on the visor??

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Looks like a really scratched window/lense, if it's a window and I was an astronaut in the ISS I would be on my suit 24/7 waiting for the thing to burst.

Got a link for it?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I would think the visor would be highly polished...a reply to: Rabb420

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
If you type Tim Peake Twitter photographs into any search engine it should bring up the pictures. My uploaded quality isn't great. I'm sure my argument would be clearer (another pun) if somebody could upload a better quality picture...a reply to: Indigent

edit on 2-2-2016 by kuraijanai2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It's scuff marks.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I would like to think the trillion dollar Nasa programme wouldn't allow a highly trained astronaut to carry out intricate engineering repairs in space with a scuffed visor...a reply to: TheBulk

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I personally am convinced that there are many space lifeforms even if this is not .

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I'd say they're scuff marks.
It would be almost impossible not to scuff it at some stage

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

You can see the scuff marks on many photos of astronauts.

Full size: i66.tinypic.com...
edit on 2-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
As I get older (42), I have started to bump my head on open cabinet doors, and other solid objects that don't threaten my body's movement, just my head. I used to be extremely precise and nimble. Is this proof that... NASA should be hiring younger astronaughts?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: kuraijanai2013
I would like to think the trillion dollar Nasa programme wouldn't allow a highly trained astronaut to carry out intricate engineering repairs in space with a scuffed visor...a reply to: TheBulk

First of all, I'm not sure why you don't think a working astronaut could scuff his visor, considering all of the movements they are doing on a spacewalk.

Secondly, in the 58-year history of NASA, the TOTAL amount of money they have been given over those 58 years is less than $600 Million. Granted, if each year's budget is equated to today's dollars, it is just over $1 Trillion (but barely) -- and again, that is the TOTAL amount of money ever budgeted to NASA if you equate every NASA budget over its 58 year history to today's $$ and add together all 58 budgets.

For example, NASA's budget for 2015 was about $18 Billion. That sound like a lot until it's compared with the military's budget, which is 33X greater (NASA's budget is 3% the size of the Military budget). NASA's budget is 13% that of the Department of Agriculture.

I'm not saying that's why it's scuffed -- I'm just saying that NASA is not a "trillion dollar program".

edit on 2/2/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I'll postulate scratches from lifeforms. Have you seen how sharp the claws on those little live-anywhere buggers are?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Duh, I left out a key component to my previous post. It was meant to refer to tardigrades, which can live in space. As far as I know, only if we bring them there.

But realistically, I think legitimate scratches, given more prominence by the camera than they would actually appear "in person."
edit on 2/2/2016 by dogstar23 because: Post concussive symptoms, which I can also attribute to cabinet doors.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i know what it is...

edit on 2-2-2016 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Radiation particules affecting the camera sensor.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Tim Peake is cool man! I read his blog

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
...Secondly, in the 58-year history of NASA, the TOTAL amount of money they have been given over those 58 years is less than $600 Million.

A quick correction to my post above, I meant to write $600 Billion, not $600 Million.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Possibly protective thermal wrap on camera with its many crevices...therefore showing the lines that represent these "worms" when not fitted properly?

petapixel.com...

You are correct that the cameras are boxed up. I believe it is just the standard waterproof housing inside of a small box or wrapper that was designed specifically to house the GoPro during a spacewalk. The outer box/wrapping is a protective thermal blanket to help shield the cameras from the space environment.

There are indeed pictures of the GoPro cameras in their housings; unfortunately I'm not sure if they're publicly available. In the meantime the people at collectspace.com have a semi-decent picture of a GoPro reflected in a spacesuit helmet

www.collectspace.com...

Again, you can still see these "worm-like" lines appearing with the space go-pro cameras...so I am attributing these lines to the thermal wrap.

edit on 3-2-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join