It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran signs deal to buy 20 more airplanes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Iran signs deal to buy 20 more airplanes

Looks like Iran is ramping up.

I wonder how hard Airbus and Boeing lobbied to get that nuclear deal to go through.

Everyone wants a chunk of that $100 billion in frozen assets that Iran is getting back.

Iran’s national carrier has signed an agreement to buy 20 new passenger airplanes with an option for 20 more from French-Italian aircraft manufacturer ATR, Iranian media reported Tuesday.

The purchase comes a week after Iran Air signed a deal to buy 118 planes from the European consortium Airbus, signaling a major effort to develop the civilian aviation sector now that international sanctions have been lifted under a landmark nuclear deal.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The Americans have "armed" Iran and pretty much guaranteed their survival for the next decade with those billions of dollars. And what does the US get in return? Jack s****!

This is such disgusting news and meanwhile the US infrastructure is crumbling. Army and navy being downsized...health premiums going through the roof! That money should have been used to spend on the many citizens of US desperately trying to make ends meet!

I hope Iran goes down and somehow US will "win" one day in trade and deals

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There is a Boeing facility here in my neck of the woods; they are h i r i n g in a big way!!!

IDK how I feel, it is comparatively 'blood' money

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This is exactly what they should do. The issues in the middle East will not be solved by Western intervention.

ME nations themselves must defend the region.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

They're buying four HUNDRED aircraft over the next decade. What, are they only allowed to buy from the US? Boeing can't supply that many aircraft anywhere near the time frame they're going to require, so they're spreading the wealth among many manufacturers.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

OK, except they're commercial aircraft.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

OK, except they're commercial aircraft.

Forgive me. I thought they were military purchases.

My bad.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

The 737 Max is hitting its stride, the P-8A is hitting full rate production, the E-8C replacement is moving ahead.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I fully agree with your comment though, but they're replacing their commercial fleet first. It's almost twice the age of anyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
People keep forgetting that the $100 billion is Iran's money from assets that were frozen in 1980. The US taxpayers are not giving them a dime.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I 'think' another facility here that is a builder is reaping the rewards as well...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReadLeader

There is a Boeing facility here in my neck of the woods; they are h i r i n g in a big way!!!

IDK how I feel, it is comparatively 'blood' money

If you look at it that way, the entire defense industry is "blood money".

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That can be said of many industries all over there world.

But let's not go off topicing.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

This deal was known back in early August of last year. Both Airbus and Boeing.

Rest assured any violations of the new agreement will be viewed through filtered lens lest these deals are compromised....

edit on 2-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: enlightenedservant

That can be said of many industries all over there world.

But let's not go off topicing.

Its not off topic to respond to someone's comment. Perhaps I should've gone into more detail by pointing out the West's arms deals to Saudi Arabia & the GCC as being "blood money" too? And then contrasted that to the civilian plane purchases in the OP? How are civilian plane purchases blood money but actual weapons deals aren't?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011
The Americans have "armed" Iran and pretty much guaranteed their survival for the next decade with those billions of dollars. And what does the US get in return? Jack s****!

This is such disgusting news and meanwhile the US infrastructure is crumbling. Army and navy being downsized...health premiums going through the roof! That money should have been used to spend on the many citizens of US desperately trying to make ends meet!

I hope Iran goes down and somehow US will "win" one day in trade and deals

What we got, is gas at $1.55 a gallon here in Tennessee.

top topics

join