It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was a stolen 9mm handgun planted on LaVoy Finicum after his death by the FBI?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: dreamingawake

Santilli was working with the Feds since Day 1 I thought?

Good to know this Barbara Davis is that guy's girlfriend.

I don't know,lots of speculation is going around, even some claimed proof as shared on this site. Fingers have been pointed at others as well(such as Mark McConnell). There's plenty of room for people working with the Feds and surely there are more than a few. Though, her reporting seems genuine so far.

ETA: The gun and serial#-I'm still looking into.
edit on 2-2-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It makes perfect sense to me. First, you are going to meet with LE or they will be there. Coming armed is asking for trouble.

Second, ask me why I quit carrying despite my history. If they know you are armed because it usually shows on the computer, but in this case presumed. Killing you is a freebie. Now it is much better if you are carrying your own registered weapon because for most people their handling and cleaning is going to leave evidence on the weapon too.

However, if you pop someone and find no weapon. Well, then the throw away comes into play. Many officers and agents I knew had one under their seat just in case. It happens more than you know.

If I was in a standoff, I certainly would be carrying legal arms. And if I had to meet with them, not go armed. However, he did state his intentions to die before going to jail. That alone makes you a dangerous marked man.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I thought Deb was his girlfriend... I sure got that wrong!

There's plenty of room for people working with the Feds and surely there are more than a few.

That's the truth!!! I hadn't paid much attention to the individuals involved before Mr. Finicum's death, just the broader issues. I hate the personal politics so I try to avoid and ignore that game. But as I do learn more, it seems there are many personalities and agendas at work, some more respectable than others. And I have no doubt the FBI got as many folks on the inside as they could -- either by bribery, blackmail, or threats of bodily harm to them and theirs.

Another question that comes to mind: How did Barbara Davis get the serial # off the gun? Was it released to the public by law enforcement?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse

However, he did state his intentions to die before going to jail. That alone makes you a dangerous marked man.

That's what it all comes down to though, doesn't it?

There's so much more other questionable shootings by LE where the victim didn't publicly claim his intention to die rather than be arrested... so why waste your energy and bleeding heart on this shooting?

tbh, I would have personally put a bullet in that religious fantastic's head if faced with the same situation as those LEO's... firstly, he made an aggressive gesture by driving off and then jumping out of the car as aggressively as he did, appearing to reach for something was just a step to far, imo.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'll add a few things. The notice says the Pacific Patriots Network came up with the gun's serial number. All of these patriot groups have members, both active and non-active, who belong to military, police, fire, etc. They have contacts. The PPN would have to verify the notice. Of course they wouldn't reveal who told them, if the claim is true, but I wouldn't discount the claim yet, knowing what I know about the network of individuals who are working to defeat the corrupted ones from behind the scenes.

The other thing is, Shawna Cox stated that the day they were all going to the meeting, the 26th, their original plan was to take a bunch of vehicles and leave at staggered times. However, according to her, they were talked into traveling in only two vehicles by Mr. McConnell and he rushed them to hurry up and leave.

It makes perfect sense to me, too, as stated by another poster for them to have left their weapons behind because, for example, they knew there would be people at the meeting who are nervous with citizens carrying pistols and revolvers.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: tweetie
Thanks for the info, looks the same as what i found about the serial #.

Shawna Cox discussing it live now;

They were headed to john Day to meet with the Sheriff. I don't believe they would have taken weapons there. She believes LaVoy wanted to stop them from shooting at the vehicle as they to loosely quote- "started firing immediately as he jumped out."

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

firstly, he made an aggressive gesture by driving off and then jumping out of the car as aggressively as he did, appearing to reach for something was just a step to far, imo.

How is that agressive. Agressive is if had ramed the road Block. That is intent of agression. Going to the side of the road Block is not agressive.

Some peopel even state that he atemted to hit the cop who tried to cut him off from going past on the left side.
That cop put him self in danger/harms way.

Who in their right mind thinks they can stop a moving truck With their body?

Agressiv:
When he walked out of the car With his hands up and no weapon. Who was showing agression then? It sure wasnt the victem, It was the FBI. Did the FBI really have to be this agressive when he clearly had shown them that he had surrendered?

They could have deescalated the situation without a doing all this.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: spirit_horse

However, he did state his intentions to die before going to jail. That alone makes you a dangerous marked man.

That's what it all comes down to though, doesn't it?

There's so much more other questionable shootings by LE where the victim didn't publicly claim his intention to die rather than be arrested... so why waste your energy and bleeding heart on this shooting?

tbh, I would have personally put a bullet in that religious fantastic's head if faced with the same situation as those LEO's... firstly, he made an aggressive gesture by driving off and then jumping out of the car as aggressively as he did, appearing to reach for something was just a step to far, imo.

Yes, I would have myself.
First, that is assault with a deadly weapon (the truck).
Second, furtive movements like he was going for a gun.

Now, the video isn;t exactly clear about whether he was reaching for a weapon, or had been hit by a bullet, or more likely a non lethal round. Regardless, in high intensity situations training takes over on automatic. No one else was shot or died that day.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

There are claims that the pistol that was found on LaVoy was "planted" by the FBI.

I don't know if Finicum was wearing this holster, when he was shot, but in this photo dated January 20th, 2016, he seems to be carrying a black handgun (mid left torso).
Could it be the handgun he was reaching for, inside his jacket on the evening of his death?

image source

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

It certainly could be, although I can't make out the weapon in the picture.

But.. many witnesses are stating Finicum left to meet with the Sheriff and was unarmed when en route
edit on 2-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie
a reply to: Boadicea

The notice says the Pacific Patriots Network came up with the gun's serial number. All of these patriot groups have members, both active and non-active, who belong to military, police, fire, etc. They have contacts.

Gotcha -- thank you! Makes sense, I just hadn't seen it stated I guess.

The other thing is, Shawna Cox stated that the day they were all going to the meeting, the 26th, their original plan was to take a bunch of vehicles and leave at staggered times. However, according to her, they were talked into traveling in only two vehicles by Mr. McConnell and he rushed them to hurry up and leave.

I was afraid of something like that.

It makes perfect sense to me, too, as stated by another poster for them to have left their weapons behind because, for example, they knew there would be people at the meeting who are nervous with citizens carrying pistols and revolvers.

It's possible that Sheriff Palmer had asked them to do exactly that, and could tell us if they had agreed or not. Do you know if Sheriff Palmer has made any public statement since that night? I know some people think he betrayed the group; I don't. I'm more likely to believe that he was betrayed by his fellow LEOs.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Agressive is if had ramed the road Block. That is intent of agression. Going to the side of the road Block is not agressive.

This is key. Once Finicum came around the bend, he only had two choices: Drive right into the roadblock or swerve. (I don't believe he had enough time to brake, but I suppose he could have tried). Either one can be perceived as "aggressive" or "evasive." Finicum could not win.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

It could also have been a stolen weapon LaVoy DID possess, not something that was planted.

What proof do you have that he stole that weapon?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Even if it was planted. Who cares. The guy theatened cops. They guy took over a government building. The guy said he will not go in a cell. All of them are treasonist terrorist that deserve to be sent to Guantanamo bay and never heard of again.

In my openion they should all be killed for their actions.

How are they terrorists?

How did they commit treason?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

dude, I made this thread to ask these questions. I have zero proof of anything

I'm Also trying to find the answers.. just like you

edit on 2-2-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Yeah, I came across this last night in one of the other threads and wrote about it in this post.

This secondary source article (the rense link was the original many saw) has now since been removed.

Prior to it being removed I shared it on my Facebook page as did a few others, it will be real interesting to see if my post disappears; as of this time it is still on my timeline.

I wanted to make note of this in case anyone hasn't taken another look at the link provided in the OP to this thread.

The screen grab I made from that Wordpress article:

Now if this disappears from ATS, major alarm bells will ring.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

damn, nice catch

thanks for sharing. something's up. It really doesn't SOUND like he was armed... and on top of that the Feds have been muddying the waters since Day #1 so it's already suspect.

It's honestly sounding like cold blooded murder. And the video SEEMS to show that, I just wish we had audio to know when the first shot hit him.

Eye witness testimony is saying he was shot WITH his hands up, NOT reaching for a weapon so idk at this point

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The witness said she thought he was wearing a bullet proof vest.
Also that he wore a holster on his hip and was not packing, and that there were snipers positioned around the area.

I watch the video and it looks to me like he exited the vehicle, hands in the air and was hit in the vest by sniper fire causing him to buckle grabbing at his chest. Then the closer guys took him out and kept shooting after neutralizing the threat.

Infra red or heat sensing cameras would be telling from that chopper.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

They need to run this through a simulation.

Run his body recoil through a simulation.

Run the police gun recoil through a simulation.

Check gun wounds for ballistics angles for consistency.

Check the video for doctoring.

Find the serial number of the pistol.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: imd12c4funn

It looked to me as if he took a shot to his right-mid/lower abdomen when his hands were out, and then "finished off" with additional shots fired from the agent standing closer to LaVoy

But we need AUDIO, that's been validated and picked apart to show it was not edited. I'm going to be digging for this, not giving up

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join