It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone recommend a good Fantasy CRPG?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Baldurs Gate! My favorite old school RPG hands down they have a enhanced remastered edition now for 1&2.

Nox is another great game from old times. The souls series of games I highly recommend,demon souls, dark souls 1&2 and Bloodborne all great games.

Marrowwind the elder scrolls 3 is my favorite of the elder scrolls it's a fantastic game. Get the complete edition with the expansions for a way bigger game.

Legend of Dragoon for PlayStation is great but old

The very first Diablo is great.

Monster Hunter games are really fun but technical.

Dark cloud 1&2

a reply to: RomaSempre

edit on 2-2-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
When I see "CRPG" I think of all the older RPG games, which are coming back in style now. Have helped Kickstart a few but unfortunately most won't be released for another year or so. So I can't exactly recommend them just yet...

On the horizon I have:
- Underworld Ascendant
- The Bards Tale IV
- Torment: Tides of Numenara (which has recently released Early Access on Steam)
- and Project Resurgence (which is in the process of being Kickstarted right now)

What's out currently I can recommend:
- ALL of the Dragon Ages. If for story alone. Even if I didn't really like the dialogue of Inquisition because it wasn't "dialogue" as such, but just questions after questions and made no sense at all to play anything other than Human due to politics.
- ALL of the Mass Effects. In fact, Andromeda will be out in the near future, more reason to play them!
- I've recently gotten into Dragon's Dogma now that it's on PC. You can tell it's a console port, but I'm finding it quite good after getting used to the controls.
- Divinity: Original Sin - is pretty good, though it took me a while to get used to the fact that I was controlling -two- characters and to get over "talking to myself" so to speak. Clearly made for co-op.
- Pillars of Eternity, though you did mention that one in the OP.
- Torchlight 1 and 2 are fun little ARPGs, reminiscent of Diablo.

This is my Steam Page - I have a heap of games there, most of which I could recommend. Some I've never touched in my life, haha! But sometimes I like to look at lists, see things that sound interesting and investigate, and before you know it I'm enjoying something I never would have found otherwise.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Zork.

I'm going to have to second that.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Divinity: Original Sin was pretty good. Many people consider it to be one of the best rpg games they've played. The company who made it raised over $2 million to make a second one.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'm going to have to second that.

Too late, you have been eaten by a Grue.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Lol Zork sucks, I cant believe people of that time were satisfied with that.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: RomaSempre

burdman hit the nail , Witcher 3 , if you haven't played it yet you need to play it . it is in my humble opinion the best RPG ever created so if your into fantasy RPG's check it out , it's big too so you'll be playing good while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join