It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Has The Most Statistically Improbable Coin-Toss Luck Ever

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
LOL...So Hillary won 6 out of 6 coin toss ties (calling heads)...and that allowed her to beat Sanders in Iowa last night.
What are the odds? According to the math, a highly improbable 1 in 64!
Wow...Hillary is one lucky lady.
Of course, her integrity and that of her campaign is above reproach.

DES MOINES, Iowa — One of the most bizarre details to emerge from Monday’s Iowa caucuses was that in six Democratic counties, the ownership of six delegates was decided by a coin flip.

A single delegate remained unassigned at the end of caucusing in two precincts in Des Moines, one precinct in Ames, one in Newton, one in West Branch and one in Davenport, The Des Moines Register reported.

In all six instances, the coin toss was won by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

There may have been more coin tosses, but those are the ones we know about for now.

Now, get ready to do some math.

In a single coin toss, the probability of calling the toss correctly is 50 percent, or one in two. Heads or tails.

But the probably of winning every flip out of six flips is one in 64, or 1.56 percent.

The online study tool “Coin Toss Probability Calculator” has a really intense formula that explains why, but the bottom line is, the probabilities stack on each other.

You’re 50 percent likely to win one coin flip. But you’re only 25 percent likely to win two consecutive coin flips, because there are now twice as many possible outcomes. So bump that up to six coin flips, and your chances of winning them all are slim:

And the bottom line is, Clinton won the Iowa caucuses on a coin flip.

Here’s why: Each coin flip decided a delegate.

Clinton’s final delegate count was 699.57, according to the Iowa Democratic Party. Sanders’ was 695.49.

If Sanders had won half of the coin tosses and split the six delegates three and three with Clinton, he would have finished at 698.49 delegates to Clinton’s 696.57.

www.theblaze.com...
edit on 2-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-2-2016 by IAMTAT because: highlighting

+18 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

In all six instances, the coin toss was won by former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton over Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders.

Don't try this at home.

Imo, odds had nothing to do with it. Neither do votes.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
She should have purchased a lottery ticket.

Sure wish I had those kind of odds.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

It could be correct. Totally different environement but my old amateur football team once won every coin toss for 2 seasons (same captain for every coin toss). That was always with coins supplied by the referee's so nothing dodgy going on, just incredibly lucky.

Although, it must be noted, the same captain that won every coin toss was useless at poker and always lost on the slot gamblers in the club house, so maybe not that lucky!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
They should do best 2 of 3 for coin toss ties.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

It could be correct. Totally different environement but my old amateur football team once won every coin toss for 2 seasons (same captain for every coin toss). That was always with coins supplied by the referee's so nothing dodgy going on, just incredibly lucky.

Although, it must be noted, the same captain that won every coin toss was useless at poker and always lost on the slot gamblers in the club house, so maybe not that lucky!

Sure, it could happen...but this is Hillary Clinton, we're talking about.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

Being funded by Soros is just like winning the lottery!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

1 "lucky lady", or Queen Demon of the Damned?

That banshee of a woman needs a wooden stake through her

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I can't disagree with that!

I should have added that we weren't that lucky with coin toss's the following season so maybe it will balance out with Hillary also?

edit on 2-2-2016 by Flavian because: appalling spelling

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Why...if the delegates aren't there to vote
wouldn't it be better to just not count them?
I don't know much about how this all works
however last night was very exciting!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

originally posted by: eXia7

Being funded by Soros is just like winning the lottery!

True, LOL

kind of sad though

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

She's almost as lucky as Whitey Bulger (as well as some other similarities).

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Just wondering if all the Sanders supporters are feeling Bernt today.

C'mere, let this Ron Paul supporter give you a hug. I know your anguish.

edit on 2-2-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   
They should use the octagon to sort it out not a piss weak coin toss. Or pistols at 10 paces...

link   
Wait a second, were these digital coin tosses?

Who tallied them? Are they in charge of tallying the electronic voting results come election time?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Well, there's "lies, damn lies and statistics" so the 1-64 million dollar question is: were the tosses legitimate or rigged?

I'll go with rigged because she dynastic establishment and he's going after the billionaires and banksters.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Was this a "Heads, I win. Tails, you lose" coin toss? Bernie too old to catch on to that one?

Seriously, I tried six coin tosses and came up 'heads' only twice. And I consider myself a very lucky person.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Yes, exciting. The illusion of democracy. The money buys access and pays to have its puppets placed on the ballot, and the little people argue over tallies and clipboards until they decide which arm of the money looks best held up over their heads.

If there is no consensus, and the puppet show is split 50/50, the people toss a coin. Just like Football, except that none of the "players" can throw, catch or score.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0zzymand0s
Just like Football, except that none of the "players" can throw, catch or score.

Hillary scored when she set up the Clinton Foundation. Big time.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Did the coin have heads on both sides?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join