It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Groundhog Day Spoiler Alert: early spring for Buffalo Niagara, Great Lakes and the Northeast U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I thought that the old hog did well this a.m. although he interuppted my national news. I find it worthy to note, our Temps the past few days have been record high. In the past 72 hrs there has been a large influx of folks outside in shorts and tanks ( you would think it is spring here) on the trails.

Simaler to last year at this time, there are also plants pre-blooming and there have been insects that should be gone by now.

Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn spring!!!!!!

Pay no attention to the rodent in the tree stump.

Spring is coming.

And chances are it'll run warmer than usual for much of the northern tier of the continental United States, including the Great Lakes and Northeast, according to the federal Climate Prediction Center.

Forecast models were bullish on a much warmer February than normal just a couple weeks ago, but now suggest it will still run above-average, but just by a degree or two -- pushing the warmest weather off until March.

L I N K

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

Woo HOO!!!! TY readleader!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Good. Hopefully I do not have to shovel my roof again this year.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Good. Hopefully I do not have to shovel my roof again this year.

Again??

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intergalactic fire

Yeah:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
We haven't really had winter here in the UK, at least here in London anyway. Oh, we had a sprinkling of snow about 2 weeks ago and then a short period of about 3 days where the temperature fell below freezing C at night, but since then it's been daftly warm. Bloody wet (the North of England and Southern Scotland have been hammered with flood after flood after flood, the poor sods), but I just came in from a walk in the local forest and there are crocuses blooming all over the place, months earlier than usual.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
My Magic 8 Ball agrees with the Ground Hog. It was 70 degrees in ATL yesterday.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

H O L Y CRAPOLA~ Augustus- mother of snow and ice; sorry man

wow, I have robins in my front yard in the bird bath ready to POP with babies!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Got to love the A.T.L ! ! ! ! !

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

6' in the second photo.

Good times.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Man, I like the snow for about a day maybe 2, that is entirely toooooooo much for me

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
READY for Spring! We just had 3 ft of
snow. We're lucky it warmed up to melt
it all. I haven't gotten mail since 23 Jan.

The roads are clean but they did not plow
in front of the mail boxes where people can park.
The mail person cannot get to the boxes & they
are not allowed to exit the mail truck.

I hate cold weather, so this was great news!

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
this fall & winter here in Horry County SC, has been rather unusual...
the October & November cold spells then led to an extended warm period up-to-&-including XMas in the 70s

all the small birds seemed to had fallen into a black-hole since Oct-Jan 20th when the rare songbird was spotted jumping around under the bushes...now at Feb 1st I spot an increased variety of small songbirds along with Jays and Cardinals

these observations alone give me the natural idea that an Early Spring is here now--- with a rogue Cold-wind from the North to give us another arctic blast before Spring actually arrives in March of 2016

I can't venture a guess if the El NINO or the heated Earth Mantle phenomena is the cause for the shortened winter here...
El Nino has not brought excessive rains or ice storms this year
the increased volcano activity from the deep Earth have not caused earthquakes or sinkholes around here either

knock-on-wood that the rare nuke-power plants in SC are still functioning properly
~ being a 'backward' state has spared us from water/land pollutions from Fracking that bubbles up due to higher ground temperatures way down deep ~

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeaaaaa. good news. We are supposed to get walloped by a storm starting tonight here, only around ten inches though. It is supposed to be blowing and drifting though.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

my fruit trees have buds on them already,they shouldn`t have buds on them for another 2 months.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Twice in my misguided youth I ventured to Gobblers Knob to experience all things Phil! It was crazy back then (yinzers love any reason to have a toast or three in the early morning hours!) and it's even crazier now. The crowds are huge and get bigger each year. It was warm in SW Pa this morning (compared to usual February 2 wx) so it's appropriate that the little guy didn't see his shadow.

I hope the meteorologist (and the Punxie one) are all correct.

new topics

top topics

join