It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Islamophobia' the term used to forgive a multitude of sins!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:
(post by DutchMasterChief removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So what is "islamophobic" about the prison sentence she was given?

Nothing. I don't care about individual anecdotes surrounding this word. I care about people like the OP who continually try to display anecdotes like the OP and then apply that to Muslims in totality. THAT is Islamophobia.

See. You didn't even get the point I was trying to make and focused on the silly anecdote the OP was presenting.

Why haven't I ever heard you guys calls someone a Christianphobe, or an anglophobe, or a conservaphobe?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
why don't people have an irrational fear of cancer or heart disease. Two of the biggest killers in the world, by a long way? That would make more sense to have an irrational fear of a minority religion wouldn't it.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
More from Pew Research:

Suicide Bombing

Widespread Muslim concern about Islamic extremism is generally coupled with rejection of suicide bombing and other forms of violence in the name of Islam. However, in some countries, substantial minorities of Muslims say attacks on civilians are at least sometimes justified to defend Islam from its enemies; in the Palestinian territories, a majority of Muslims hold this view.

Half or more of Muslims in most countries surveyed say that suicide bombing and other acts of violence that target civilians can never be justified in the name of Islam. This opinion is most prevalent in Pakistan (89%), Indonesia (81%), Nigeria (78%), and Tunisia (77%). Majorities or pluralities share this unequivocal rejection of religious-inspired violence in Malaysia (58% never justified), Turkey (54%), Jordan (53%), and Senegal (50%). In Malaysia, however, roughly a quarter of Muslims (27%) take the view that attacks on civilians are sometimes or often justified.

In Lebanon and Egypt, too, substantial minorities of Muslims (33% and 25%, respectively) think suicide bombings and similar attacks in the name of Islam are at least sometimes justified. However, in both countries, more Muslims say such violence is never justified (41% in Lebanon and 39% in Egypt). Shia Muslims in Lebanon (39%) are more likely than the country’s Sunni Muslims (26%) to take the view that violence in the name of Islam is sometimes or often justified.

Support for suicide bombing and other violence aimed at civilian targets is most widespread in the Palestinian territories, with 62% of Muslims saying that such attacks are often or sometimes justified in order to defend Islam from its enemies. Support is strong both in Hamas-ruled Gaza (64%) and the Fatah-governed West Bank (60%).

Overall, support for suicide bombing and related forms of violence has declined in the last decade across the Muslim publics surveyed. Since 2002, the percentage of Muslims who say suicide bombing is at least sometimes justified has dropped 41 percentage points in Lebanon, 31 points in Jordan and 30 points in Pakistan. In Nigeria, meanwhile, support has declined 26 points since 2010.

Across most of the countries surveyed, gender, age, income and education are not closely associated with support for suicide bombing. However, there is a generational gap in Tunisia, with Muslims under 30 years of age more than twice as likely as those 50 and older to say that suicide bombing is at least sometimes justified (17% vs. 6%). In Lebanon, attitudes toward suicide bombing also vary with age, but in the opposite direction: Muslims 50 years or older (43%) are more likely than those 18-29 years of age (28%) to say such violence is justified.

So much for it being just "a few Muslims" regarding suicide bombing of civilians is justified. The numbers are likely in the tens of millions. The fact that this question even needs to be asked is alone justification for being wary of Islam, and it not being an irrational fear.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

This isn't true. People from similar home countries tend to live together. This is something that the US has learned significantly over the course of its history.

What isn't true? This confirms what I said. At 15 % they are less likely to intergrate, since there are more of them to flock together with. At a mere 1% they are forced to integrate more.

Your whole argument is ridiculous.

It goes like this, "Where I am from in America, there is no problem with muslims, therefore there is no problem with muslims in Europe, even though I am aware that the percentage of muslims in Europe is up to 15 times higher and the comparison I make is completely invalid for multiple reasons"

It is a BS argument based on the fallacy that your experience represents the situation in Europe.

edit on 2-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Anybody who isn't an idiot knows Islam does not encourage or promote Rape or tearing cities apart. Muslims in the U.S. are fine. Muslims in the UK are fine, and most other countries.

By the same token there are thousands of criminals who are of Arabic or African persuasion who are taking advantage of those who are trying to help them It is they for whom these threads are dedicated.

I think someone should be able to say "these Arabic or African immigrants have done (a crime), without the entire thread being directed towards arguing over who is phobic.

It's nonsense. It's like if I was bitten by a dog, and made a thread about it, then suddenly I am covered up with morons seeking attention telling me I hate all dogs.

Deny deny. People in the west are having difficult times from these criminals from other lands. It's stupid to try to diminish that, or deny it, or shoot the messenger.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What is irrational about having fears of a group of psycopaths who like to behead people, set people on fire, gang rape women and sell them as slaves. What is irrational about having fears about some of these psycopaths being within your own Country. This group of people are as evil and as dangerous as Hitler and the nazis. They say they follow true Islam.

Since when was Islam a minority rekigion?

Difference with cancer it is frightening but it is cureable. Once a Country has become too highly infected with this ideology which is as bad as cancer it is not vwry easily curable because as one cell is destroyed another takes its place.a reply to: woodwardjnr

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

This group of people are as evil and as dangerous as Hitler and the nazis.

Hey now, not all Nazis commit genocide. Nowadays Nazis commit very few crimes and genocides. Don't be Naziphobic.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Enough bickering and off topic banter!

You are responsible for your own posts.

Please return to the topic.....and Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What I do now when I see the name is just walk on by. This thread was about how the label Islamophobe is used to portray anyone of the muslim faith somehow untouchable for their actions. As it was very difficult to argue against how this label has been used to portray this woman as a victim certain people then get angry and start throwing insults out and do everything in their power to derail threads so they will be closed down hence why the word mod is mentioned.

As many ATS members from Europe and UK will know what is happening in America is nothing like what is happening here. America cannot possibly be compared to the UK for example. The UK and in particular England is one of the most overly populated in the World. In London 60% of the population is now not born here.

But bringing it back to topic do people think Europe and UK are finally waking up to this method placing muslims as the victims. When I was researching the definition it said some suggest this label Islamophobe was thought up by the Muslim Brotherhood in the 90's purposely to make ut difficult ti question actions

There a reply to: DutchMasterChief

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
why don't people have an irrational fear of cancer or heart disease.

I'm pretty sure people fear those things. It's you who chose to throw "irrational" in there based on your own biases.

Another point is that many of us are worried about all victims of world wide, Islamic terror. Just because it's unlikely (right now) that you or I will be killed by an Islamic terrorist, doesn't mean people should just blow off the threat.
edit on 2-2-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

This word 'Islamophobia' is used because they are in denial about any wrongdoings whatsoever.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Before I start I think all religious people suck, so there. Once in the airline industry I had to deal with some "real" muslims a few times from Africa, not these fake Americanized ones. They were stank as hell and crazy. You really don't even know half of it until you interact with some "real" muslims and I could care less about which sect. All I need to know is that they suck and if You seriously take up for these people then You seriously are one of those people who simply just don't know. I know I know, you have muslim friends and they are just like the sweet muslim children on TV commercials, they are peaceful , lol so naïve, its not your fault you just need to wake your asss up !

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

I love the term few, it is a dismissive tactic liberals use. they love the few logic in regards to muslims, crimminals etc but when it comes to gun owners(responsible ones mainly) 1 is 2 few too many.
edit on 3-2-2016 by DrakeINFERNO because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DrakeINFERNO

I'm confused, I thought the MEXICANS were the criminals and rapists? Help keep me straight on my xenophobia and bigotry please!

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
why don't people have an irrational fear of cancer or heart disease.

I'm pretty sure people fear those things. It's you who chose to throw "irrational" in there based on your own biases.

Yes Woody is biased based on his long suffering brain tumor over the last 10years.
You are correct

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

what?. another liberal tactic pulling arguments out of thin air.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It's pathetic if you think about it. Even many women remain silent about it, and I understand that. You don't want to feel as though you are trashing a group of people, but at the same time, silence and denial is NOT HELPFUL.

On some level it is criminal.

Part of my job is to reach out to the people in the local communities to inform them of the resources that are available to them, and to the laws and tools that are available to protect them. Many of the immigrants and asylum seekers are very fearful of the government and law enforcement, so we reach out to the leaders in these communities, and the local clergy and churches.

Out of all the communities, only one community is taboo. We have basically been instructed not to approach or even attempt, to enter a mosque, because the State does not want, or need, the potential headaches, or law suits, that are likely to be the result, if an Islamist or an Islamaphile, feels offended or accuses us of criticizing Islam.

It is a gut wrenching and difficult job, to try to help a person or family try to put back the pieces of their lives, after experiencing a sexual assault. Especially the young and the children. You keep thinking, if only you could have protected them. If only you could have warned them.

When I think about the number of children that feel they have no recourse, that are are trapped in a life of perpetual abuse, feeling there is no way out of an abusive home, or a victim of human trafficking, or a victim of a random attack but too terrified to let anyone know, it brings me to tears.

There is no way we can help or save everyone from this evil, but I feel we have to try to save and protect, as many as possible. The Islamaphiles are not helping, if anything, they are enabling the continuation of a age old, dark, evil, crime, primarily against our most vulnerable, our women and our children.

Islam is not the victim. Islamaphiles, In their quest to defend a religion, they protect the criminals and forfeit our women and children. What good is any religion to anyone when it is used to justify the hell that they have to endure for the rest of their lives.

Religion is way too often a sack cloth used to hide the evil that lurks in the heart of man. At least condemn the deed and hold the criminals responsible for their actions.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join