It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Islamophobia' the term used to forgive a multitude of sins!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
islamophiles — might as well coin a word for them too — seem to think that by using the term "Muslims" plural means "all Muslims", but I doubt would hold the same standard to Muslims who hold extremist views of homosexuals, women, or other religions.

Edit: looks like someone else already coined it!
edit on 2-2-2016 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You made it perfectly clear that you think the situations aren't the same. But a difference of a few percentage points in the total population isn't really that big of a difference.

Really, would you rather fight one guy, or 7-15. Not a big difference........it's a 1500% difference.

Causing a way bigger impact on society. But how would you know. You don't have a clue.

Besides, the US has WAY more experience dealing with 3rd country immigrants/refugees because that has only been our entire thing for the last 200+ years we've been a country.

Not like we do with with muslims, obviously.

You are putting words in my mouth.

I simply applied your own logic to your argument.

I do, but you still don't get my points.

What point, that it is not ok to be wary of islam in general?

What do you expect. It is a natural reaction. A large number of them suscribe to an immoral ideology. Since we can't really know who the extremists are, it is only logical and natural to be wary of islam as a whole.

But I know by now that leftist ideology is unnatural and suicidal. It goes against the survival instincts of a sane creature.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
Really, would you rather fight one guy, or 7-15. Not a big difference........it's a 1500% difference.

Causing a way bigger impact on society. But how would you know. You don't have a clue.

This is a tactic propagandists use to distort statistics and percentages. Way to go. Also, do you really need to keep repeating that ad hominem?

What point, that it is not ok to be wary of islam in general?

Correct. That is unless you want to apply that same reasoning to Christianity, right wing conspiracy theorists, gun owners, and any number of other groups that have small elements within them of rabble rousers.

What do you expect. It is a natural reaction. A large number of them suscribe to an immoral ideology. Since we can't really know who the extremists are, it is only logical and natural to be wary of islam as a whole.

Actually that is letting your emotions, namely fear (hence the name Islamophobia), dictate your actions and decisions. Rational discourse would tell you that the threat isn't that bad. It would tell you that you respond to the trouble makers, but not judge the total for the actions of those trouble makers.

But I know by now that leftist ideology is unnatural and suicidal. It goes against the survival instincts of a sane creature.

Fight or flight aren't always the only options to choose from. I know that MY answer requires some intelligence and perspective, but it's much better than knee jerk reacting like you are advocating for.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

"Many aren't even immigrated citizens yet."

Yet your normal posts are totally political, often anti-U.S. policies. What is ignored is the fact that there would be virtually No Isis/Jihadist activities in the U.S. without a compliant Muslim culture.

The protest of distinction between regular Muslims and radicalized Muslims is pounded daily. IF the regular Muslims really REALLY wanted separation from the radicals, they would turn them In...or hound them into leaving their locales. They would turn in Imams that promoted Jihad as seditionist activities.

They would do everything in their power to remove the blight that was affecting them all. What is being done isn't enough to merit traction in the distinguishing between the two 'types'. Simple, obvious
and unarguable.

One of the classiest individuals I've met in my life is Muslim. That doesn't change the reality of the overall situation.

The appeasers that used Islamophobic labelling on those that voice concern are actually empowering those radicals.

BTW, what service do you provide to your Islamic employers?

edit on 2-2-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   

This is a tactic propagandists use to distort statistics and percentages. Way to go.

What is distorted? It can't get anymore plane than that.

Also, do you really need to keep repeating that ad hominem?

Pointing out that you are ignorant of the situation overhere, is not an ad hom. Shirley.

Correct. That is unless you want to apply that same reasoning to Christianity, right wing conspiracy theorists, gun owners, and any number of other groups that have small elements within them of rabble rousers.

None of these groups cause widespread problems in my country and I don't see what they have to do with this discussion about the reasons for "islamophobia".

Actually that is letting your emotions, namely fear (hence the name Islamophobia), dictate your actions and decisions. Rational discourse would tell you that the threat isn't that bad. It would tell you that you respond to the trouble makers, but not judge the total for the actions of those trouble makers.

No reality tells me that we need to be wary of islam and all its aspects. Again, you have no clue about the situation in Europe.

Fight or flight aren't always the only options to choose from. I know that MY answer requires some intelligence and perspective, but it's much better than knee jerk reacting like you are advocating for.

I didn't say fight or flight are the only options. Closing the borders is an option. Immediate deportation of troublemakers and anyone who has no right to be in Europe, is.

Your answer does absolutely nothing. Zilch, nada. All it does is make excuses for the scum to hide behind.

edit on 2-2-2016 by DutchMasterChief because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Yet your normal posts are totally political, often anti-U.S. policies. What is ignored is the fact that there would be virtually No Isis/Jihadist activities in the U.S. without a compliant Muslim culture.

Ohhh nice cheap shot. Is it a requirement to level ad hominems at me to talk to me in this thread? Are my views so disgusting to you guys that you have to insult me every time you talk to me? It's getting rather tedious...

The protest of distinction between regular Muslims and radicalized Muslims is pounded daily. IF the regular Muslims really REALLY wanted separation from the radicals, they would turn them In...or hound them into leaving their locals. They would turn in Imams that promoted Jihad as seditionist activities.

This is the most ridiculous premise I've ever read. Bad elements exist in EVERY demographic, but Muslims communities have to have a 0% bad element in their community so that you stop suspecting them...

They would do everything in their power to remove the blight that was affecting them all. What is being done isn't enough to merit traction in the distinguishing between the two 'types'. Simple, obvious
and unarguable.

I'd be willing to place money that you have zero clue what the Muslim community is doing to get rid of radicals among themselves.

One of the classiest individuals I've met in my life is Muslim. That doesn't change the reality of the overall situation.

"I'm not racist. See I know a black guy..."

The appeasers that used Islamophobic labelling on those that voice concern are actually empowering those radicals.

No we aren't. Even W. Bush didn't want to label the extremists anything other than terrorist.
Obama Doesn’t Like To Say ‘Islamic Terrorism.’ Neither Did George W. Bush.

BTW, what service do you provide to your Islamic employers?

I work in IT.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anxiouswens

According to Pew global:

On balance, Muslims in the predominantly Muslim countries surveyed are more likely to associate negative characteristics with Westerners than non-Muslims are to associate them with Muslims. For example, nearly nine-in-ten (89%) Jordanian Muslims use at least three of the six negative adjectives tested to describe people in Western countries, as do majorities in Egypt (81%), Turkey (73%), the Palestinian territories (71%), Pakistan (67%) and Indonesia (63%); only in Lebanon is this not the case.

In contrast, Spain is the only Western country surveyed where a majority (60%) of non-Muslims associate three or more negative characteristics with Muslims. At least three-in-ten non-Muslims in Britain (39%), the U.S. (35%) and France (30%) do not attribute any of the six negative characteristics tested to Muslims.

Pew Global

Perhaps there is a Westernerphobia we should be applying, given that it is more prevalent.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DutchMasterChief
What is distorted? It can't get anymore plane than that.

You are trying to compare percentages of a large population with a small population. That is a distortion of percentages. You are doing this to try to make the difference in percentages of the larger population seem more significant than it really is. However, you are just pushing a fallacy by ignoring proportions and perspective.

Pointing out that you are ignorant of the situation overhere, is not an ad hom. Shirley.

Ok. We'll let the mods settle this disagreement then.

None of these groups cause widespread problems in my country and I don't see what they have to do with this discussion about the reasons for "islamophobia".

Part of building logical arguments is being able to compare similar situations and the "Muslim problem" doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are other events going on in the world that relate to this. Not analyzing or pretending they aren't related to you just shows an unwillingness to look at things outside of your bias and perspective. In other words, it's closed minded.

No reality tells me that we need to be wary of islam and all its aspects. Again, you have no clue about the situation in Europe.

The word "wary" is a euphemism for fear. So when you tell me that we need to be wary of Islam and all its aspects, you are really telling me that you fear it.

I didn't say fight or flight are the only options. Closing the borders is an option. Immediate deportation of troublemakers and anyone who has no right to be in Europe, is.

All answers in the "flight" category.

Your answer does absolutely nothing. Zilch, nada. All it does is make excuses for the scum to hide behind.

Actually, I'm trying to ratchet down the hate so that we don't keep playing into the circle of violence; if you'd try to see further in the future than your own damn nose, you'd realize that you are doing nothing to promote peace and understanding.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

As usual, dissembling with no actual response to the points made.

Appeasing by inventing moral equivalents with other groups is the standard escape mechanism from addressing the points made.

I really don't care what Muslim groups are doing to counter Jihadists. What I point out is by perception, alone, what ever the effort is, it isn't enough to cause a perception change.

Or do you deny that the radicals couldn't function anywhere as efficiently without a passive Muslim culture backing them, be it directly in religious organizations within the U.S. or familial/cultural ones?

Your oft stated hatred of Trump becomes clear. His pointing out that Mosques are used to recruit and disseminate anti-U.S. acts and rhetoric-well proven-and that offends?

Thank you for the added insight to your motives. It now makes more sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I'm sorry but if you cannot or refuse to understand that the actions of a few do not dictate the actions of the whole, you will NEVER understand the definition of Islamaphobia and why people are called that.

We do understand and are not the ones who refuse to."The actions of a few do not dictate the actions
of the whole." This statement could apply to many other situations other than the thread topic...
1. A few people go on a shooting rampage then someone tries to disarm the entire country over it.
2.A few soldiers killed some small children in vietnam and all returning vets were labeled baby killers.
These are but a couple of examples.
You know for a fact that I am one of these people who are considered islamaphobes.I do understand
and I know what I am talking about.The true meaning of Islamaphobia is knowing the truth about islam
it is not a phobia if they are really trying to kill you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I don't believe that peace and understanding is in the cards with respect to Islam. It certainly isn't part of the doctrine.

I won't even make the distinction anymore between supposed moderates and extremists. Moderate NAZIs don't sound all that reasonable either.

I realize that you have a pony in this race, maybe you should reevaluate your perspective instead of berating everyone else.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Learningman
a reply to: chishuppu

The world does not revolve around the US.

The U.S. thinks it does!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
We do understand and are not the ones who refuse to."The actions of a few do not dictate the actions
of the whole." This statement could apply to many other situations other than the thread topic...

Let me guess you are going to take the thread offtopic with things that I haven't said?

1. A few people go on a shooting rampage then someone tries to disarm the entire country over it..
2.A few soldiers killed some small children in vietnam and all returning vets were labeled baby killers.

Yep... Called it. You know if you are upset over gun owners or veterans being totally demonized for the actions of the few, logic says that you should be able to relate to the Islam situation with not labeling them all as evil, Western hating assholes.

These are but a couple of examples.
You know for a fact that I am one of these people who are considered islamaphobes.I do understand
and I know what I am talking about.The true meaning of Islamaphobia is knowing the truth about islam
it is not a phobia if they are really trying to kill you.

See you are being a hypocrite here. You complain about groups that you care about being slandered for the sins of the few, but are ready to do it to Muslims at the drop of a hat by simply labeling this hate as "the truth about Islam".

I mean really a Christian telling me they know about the "truth of Islam"? LOL How about as an agnostic I tell you that I know the "truth about Christianity" and that all Christians secretly want to impose Christian law on to secular society? Is that ok reasoning for you?
edit on 2-2-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You do realize that guns are inanimate objects, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

a reply to: DutchMasterChief

The few means that only a few Muslims hate the west; not all of them.

Ahem...have you ever heard who the muslims' refere to as the great satan?
Why the good ole U.S.A.
The little satan refers to Israel.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

You do realize that guns are inanimate objects, right?

You do realize that I haven't made a single argument for or against gun ownership in this thread, right?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

a reply to: DutchMasterChief

The few means that only a few Muslims hate the west; not all of them.

Ahem...have you ever heard who the muslims' refere to as the great satan?
Why the good ole U.S.A.
The little satan refers to Israel.

Yes, I've heard what a FEW Muslims refer to as the great Satan.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

It certainly isn't part of the doctrine.

Which doctrine, specifically?

To whom does it belong, specifically?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You are trying to compare percentages of a large population with a small population. That is a distortion of percentages.

Oh my......I think someone didn't pay attention in elementary school. That's the thing with percentages, they are comparable exactly because they are......percentages.

I mean really guy?

Ok. We'll let the mods settle this disagreement then.

Off course, settling it like a man is obviously out of the question....

Part of building logical arguments is being able to compare similar situations and the "Muslim problem" doesn't exist in a vacuum. There are other events going on in the world that relate to this. Not analyzing or pretending they aren't related to you just shows an unwillingness to look at things outside of your bias and perspective. In other words, it's closed minded.

Whatever may exist as causes in the background has no bearing on the reality or danger of a situation.

Taking into account various causes, does not solve the direct problem we are facing.

The word "wary" is a euphemism for fear. So when you tell me that we need to be wary of Islam and all its aspects, you are really telling me that you fear it.

Yes, and? Fear is not a phobia, since phobia is an irrational fear.

All answers in the "flight" category.

No, closing borders and deporting people does not equal running away, at all.

Actually, I'm trying to ratchet down the hate so that we don't keep playing into the circle of violence; if you'd try to see further in the future than your own damn nose, you'd realize that you are doing nothing to promote peace and understanding.

Because I am not a bleeding heart idiot. Promoting peace and understanding is what got us into this whole mess and it sure isn't going to get us out of it.

How is that going to save us from a process designed to replace my people with muslims.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join