It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts, it's not who is running for the President, but the Vice President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
We all know Clinton is not well liked in "non important to us" people of America, but we also know that Trump speaks his mind. These two thoughts here brings me to a very wicked conclusion, it's not the President this time, but the Vice President that will take the center stage of this so confusing "aren't there any men or women with common sense" to govern the American people.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
My thoughts on the VP are this. Republican should hire Karley as VP. That way it stops the first woman BS from Hillary side of the isle. She brings a business background that no one has in this campaign save one, Mr Trump. IMO I cannot stand to see the Clinton's back in the White House. It would be disgraceful.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
(by Karley you mean Carly Fiorino?)

somebody (maybe me) said a while back O'Malley was running for VP. (I understand he's dropped out.) still a good chance.

I can't see Cruz taking the back seat to Trump but I can see Rubio doing so.

I still wonder if Trump is really going to ride this train all the way. I keep waiting for him to get bored and go back to tv.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

My thoughts, it's not who is running for the President, but the Vice President

Here's one to consider...

Imagine a Cruz-Trump ticket. Should it win the White House, any effort to remove Cruz by way of court order based on his Canadian birthing, would leave Trump as CnC.

That would send everything into a tailspin, lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Generally, I've held the view that most of the recent Presidents have picked their running mates not based on demographics as they suggest but on assassination/impeachment prevention.

Invariably, the V.P.s has been viewed as bumbling dolts.

Having said that, Carli, would make a great V.P., IMO.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Depends on the campaign. For example, Obama 2008 could pick whoever he wanted and it would not have mattered. He had a strong platform, and knew how to communicate it. Conversely, McCain was a solid choice for the GOP, but his choice of Palin killed his campaign.

Romney made a solid choice in Paul Ryan, but Romney sabotaged his own campaign.

In 2016, the vice president choice for either party could be of huge importance in swaying swing votes. For example, if Cruz were to get the nod, he would need a very moderate vice presidential nominee to run with to assure as much of the swing vote as possible. Cruz, on his own, can't get much traction with the moderate vote. Hillary may be the same way. Sanders would definitely need a MOR vice presidential nominee.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I suspect a VP's job today is not to gain votes, but not to lose them.
interesting story; it's said that in 1968 all the pollsters told Nixon that any well-known VP candidate (Nelson Rockefeller, George Romney) would cost him votes, but an anonymous / unknown VP would not, which led to his selection of the unknown Spiro Agnew as running mate.

disagree on your analysis on Sarah Palin. As I recall she gave the campaign a jump start and the base loved (loves) her.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

I suspect a VP's job today is not to gain votes, but not to lose them.
interesting story; it's said that in 1968 all the pollsters told Nixon that any well-known VP candidate (Nelson Rockefeller, George Romney) would cost him votes, but an anonymous / unknown VP would not, which led to his selection of the unknown Spiro Agnew as running mate.

disagree on your analysis on Sarah Palin. As I recall she gave the campaign a jump start and the base loved (loves) her.

good thinking there

top topics

join