It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civilian Sniper Training UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I was a bit surprised to find this.

"Sniper Shooter - This is a detailed training course on shooting like a sniper. You will learn all the vital elements of shooting such as shooting positions, holding a rifle, breathing, aiming, trigger control and shot recording. This course is designed to teach people to become precise shooters whether they are beginners or more advanced.

You will learn how the shot is affected by the weather and environmental influences. Learning how to estimate distance and wind speed. We teach you with both air rifles and air soft rifles. The principles of shooting an air rifle are no different than shooting a full bore rifle. With air rifle shooting, the wind and distance has a greater effect on the shot at short range therefore making it easier for you to see these environmental influences.

This course is open to anyone and is a must for bird watchers, wildlife photographers and airsoft or paintball gamers." woodoak.co.uk...

There'll always be nutters about. A friend walking his dog in some Devon woodland heard the dog yelp, found it with a small injury, took it to the vet and discovered it had been shot. The nature of the injury and lack of an audible shot suggested a silenced airgun. Going back to the place and searching around he found a camouflaged sniper den. Police were called but there was no clue who the shooter was. I hope none of the Woodoak students go on to be troublesome with their new knowledge.

If you want to "Learn what it takes to be a Sniper without having to join the Army", there are bushcraft instructors in the UK who will teach you.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I bet that course is full to bursting with dodgy Walts

If you just want to learn to shoot, one of the shooting clubs dotted around would be a better bet. You learn all about setting up and adjusting for windage etc.

Why any civvy would need to learn how to do an approach etc is beyond me.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I was surprised by it. Treating it like a game.

This seems a bit better. I think I've seen videos from here on YouTube.
www.orionfirearmstraining.co.uk...

It is Orion Firearms Training aim to promote the safe, fun use of firearms within the UK. To make firearms users, safer and more responsible in use of firearms. To improve marksmanship whether in sport or professional vocations with professional coaching and by the use of reactive steel targets and a fantastic setting to bring a new dimension to UK target shooting.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Yeah, there's a good club not far from me at Norton. They do proper long range stuff there (The kind where you shoot lying on your back and check your shot with a spotting scope) As well as more usual forms.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Are you sure it's any better? I find the use of the words "fun" and "firearms" in the same sentence rather disconcerting.

Interesting thread.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lacrimoniousfinale

Are you sure it's any better? I find the use of the words "fun" and "firearms" in the same sentence rather disconcerting.

Interesting thread.

Oh come on, shooting is fun. It's a cracking way to spend a few hours.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   
shooting is a great pass time and until you try it you won't get how fun it can be.

I fully support licensed locations giving proper advice and skills training when coming to shooting. It's not having dedicated locations for shooting that is the problem.

Lack of education is a problem too.

Stick to the law and get permission from land owners.. Or go to one of these clubs
No need for foolish antics hiding in the woods.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinale

Our Junior Sniper Parties are ideal for Birthdays and School Holidays. Treat the kids to something different and get them outside for fresh air and a little bit of friendly competition. Would they love the idea of being a Sniper?
woodoak.co.uk...

The good advice seems to be go to a club.
shootingclubdirectory.com...

The Shooting Club Directory is produced by Blaze Publishing Limited to provide a useful resource for all shooters, particularly newcomers who want to start shooting and are looking for somewhere to take part. This website contains up-to-date contact details for target shooting clubs throughout the UK.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Do you play darts? Maybe pool? Any game or sport that takes skill, concentration and accuracy? That's what makes shooting fun. Putting that tiny bit of lead in to a small target, hundreds of yards away, is not something the average person can do.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

In the countryside many of us shoot, and personally the only 'negative' I have ever heard at all locally was when a friend of my dads got shot in the arse stealing taties, and that was in the 60's. Generally we have a very positive shooting culture compared to some other Nations.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes! You really must be careful, make sure you have permission for the steading you shoot at, or join a club. Actually many clubs allow non members for a fee and use of their guns. Walking onto a farmers land with even a .177 springer air rifle is enough to have you down on a serious firearms offence.

top topics

join