It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immersive White Light

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I mainly joined ATS many years ago to make this one post because it's been the only paranormal experience I've had. I'll write it in the present tense as if it's happening to better remember the event.

+++

It begins during an early summer night in 2006, at my parents' house. I'm sitting at my desk in my room, facing the window to the west (now directions are important so keep them in mind) probably on my computer. My mother, along with my baby sister, are in their bedroom, also upstairs, getting ready for bed and their window is facing east. While this is happening, my father is downstairs watching TV and the large window by the balcony of our house is facing west.

Then it happens...

From what I recall, through my window I notice the outside becoming increasingly bright, all in a matter of seconds until the light becomes so bright that it floods into my room and just fills it with an impenetrable white glow. It's as if bright white milk just flooded the whole space. It's so damn blinding I can't even see my hands in front of me, in fact, I can't see anything for a few seconds until the light quickly drains out and vanishes back into the natural darkness.

I'm stunned. I didn't even have a chance to react and move as it all happened in a matter of several seconds. About a minute later I recollect myself, stand up and try to rationalize what just happened. I need to check if my parents just saw this bizarre event. I walk down the hall to my parents' bedroom to find my mother standing in total shock.

I ask her, "Mom, did you see that?" She replies with a disbelieving yes. She's asking me what had happened, why was there such a bright light and if I saw it too. She tells me she saw strange light patterns on the ceiling moments before it happened, patterns that were writhing in fluid motions. After we briefly exchanged our feelings of astonishment I tell her I need to see if father had seen it . I run downstairs and my father has a strange look in his eyes. I knew he saw it. I ask him and he says yes as well. He describes it just as it had happened to me and my mother. The white light had quickly flooded into the whole room, blinding everyone and vanished, just as fast.

+++

All of us just couldn't believe what had happened. I reasoned that it must have been a light large enough to surround the whole house, thus coming from both the east and west sides. Another notable feature was the total lack of sound. It all happened in total silence. None of us heard anything. My father thought it might have been a helicopter spotlight but that wouldn't explain the quietness and simultaneous influx of light. We checked outside for any clues but found nothing. My mother automatically thought it had to be aliens, to which we all laughed at but at the same time had a creeping plausibility. Months later I thought it may have been a fireball or a meteorite from the sky but still felt unsatisfied by these explanations.

So much time had passed already since that event and I've brought it up to my folks as a tradition now and still feel slightly creeped out by what happened, what it was and what it means. To this day no one I know has had this experience so I decided to post this here (feeling that it was the perfect place) to see if anyone else shares a similar experience.

So, what do you guys think?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dimaryp
One hellofva story dimaryp...Loved it

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

This is deffinitly a "high strangeness" event, any missing time? Patterns on the wall, what kind of patterns? Why do aliens always gotta do some #ed up # when they come around? I don't know man but...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Similar happened to me. I was alone, though. And there was a little more to it.

It was about 3 years ago. I got up in the night to get some water. I went downstairs and fed the cats. I was in the kitchen. I was fully awake.

First the bright, white light came. It was all around me. I could not see anything, other than the light. Then, the light eased a bit, but I wasn't in my kitchen, anymore. That kind of thing has happened to me before, but without the light.

I was then in the livingroom of my -I called her Nannie, thought she was an old aunt-but later found she was not blood related, she was a wealthy family friend who had raised my grandfather when his parents passed at young ages. She was wearing her 1960s glasses, pointy at the corners and a shiny turban-like hat she sometimes wore. And a pantsuit. A designer one.

She was standing in a hallway and the light came from her. It was warm, warm as in temperature and - emotionally warm. It was still astoundingly bright, but I could see the room I was standing in. She said , "You'll be ok." and she reached out to hug me. I started to walk toward her, and then I was back in my own kitchen. I was so flustered and confused and crying happy tears.

Nannie died when I was 12, from a blood clot after a fall. So, she had been dead for a long time.

This light is not aliens, from what I know or think I know.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I don't have any insight as to what the light you saw could be, but my mother-in-law saw a similar light, and so did I. She claims a very bright light filled her room, and she was drug out of bed. I was in the hallway at the time, going to the bathroom. Her bedroom was at the end of the hall, and I could see under her door. When I started down the hall, I could already see a white light shining under her door, it was like she had the sun in her room. I remember stopping, wondering what she was doing in there, when I heard a loud thud and she started screaming. I was the first to enter her room, where I found her on the floor several feet from her bed crying hysterically. She told me something lifted her out of bed and "tried to take her away," before it let go of her and she fell.

I can't say what happened to her, but I know the light I saw was abnormally bright, and there was nothing she owned that could produce something that white/bright. She also had a lump on the back of her head where she smacked the floor. I have an irrational phobia of little grey men, so I didn't really want to discuss it with anyone while living there - at least it never happened again.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
WOW! Your experience are amazing.
Sorry I have nothing more to add,
just say that loved reading them.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Crazy.

I have experienced something like this, but this was with my eyes closed. I decided to do meditation for the first time. All of a sudden I could saw what looked like a light bulb it was so bright in my left eye. I looked into it and it filled my entire vision, all I could see was white. Then it felt like I was floating and falling at the same time. It was so intense that I had to open my eyes, and it took my years before I dared meditate again.

So you either hallucinated like me or you were abducted by aliens

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Events like these occur when the veil is thin or shut down. The veil stops people seeing the truth of what is really around them.

Its a bit like Neo in the film 'The Matrix' when he sees everything as numbers and characters in the final part of the first film.

The common statement where if one looks into the Abyss, the Abyss looks back at them, springs to mind. In other words, when everything goes either white or black, entities on the other side can see you looking at them.

How old were you when it happened ? i was 3 when it happened to me. Everything just went bright white.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   

That is some event, thanks for sharing. This reality is much stranger than we think.

I too had a "light event" as well, although not the same. I had just gotten into bed, and my dog was shifting around looking for a place to lie when I started to sit up to help him by moving the blankets he was trying to manipulate with his nose. All of a sudden, my room lit up from the floor at the end of the bed. It was if someone took a picture with a flash. Needles to say, this startled the bajeebers out of me. I jumped up wondering what the heck could have caused that, but there was nothing on the floor at the foot of the bed. I was wide awake and it sure as heck wasn't lightning....Keep your eyes open, I believe we'll be experiencing even weirder thing in the future..

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am curious to know, since you said that you joined years ago in order to make this one post, what was the spark that gave you the courage to share it now?

I am impressed by your post. I have no opinion, and consider opinions just that, but I would share my two first reactions with you. One is that you will never really know what happened, and this is something to consider accepting. You might find comfort in a theory for a while, and then later outgrow that theory. I'm not saying that you should forget about this, or stop asking questions or searching. Just know that you might never know.

The second thing is that I want to point out something really good in your experience. You survived it. You didn't go insane. You are certainly different for having gone through it, but can you say you are worse off? I'd say you are a better person for it, which is not to be confused with the absurd notion that it was "good for you" but wouldn't you agree with that? Are you not more aware? And even though the experience might be off subject and threatening to your family, it did bind you all together at a deeper level. Perhaps in the future, this one event that each of you are processing in your own way, may be the event that allows one of you to have the courage to bring up yet a different event, that they would not feel comfortable sharing, had it not been for this other shared event.

The next question is, what next? Well, maybe nothing, but a different sort of nothing. You still need to make the bed and do the laundry, but it's a slightly different you doing it. Perhaps you will feel a tad less alone in this world, which can be a very lonely place to be. So, thank you for your post.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I actually thought maybe there was some lost time but I didn't think to check at the time so unfortunately I can't be sure.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Ah that could be due to sensory deprivation - depending on how long you meditated for. Yeah I thought it may have been a hallucination but when two other people saw the same thing, in different rooms, it makes me wonder - what are the chances that we all experienced the same hallucination?

I know the "aliens" explanation is so common and cliché now but I can't rule it out. Still plausible haha though I'll still be sceptical of it.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Tristran

That's a new explanation. I'll add it to the list. I was around 16 years old.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Sounds like they beamed you here.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Hello again. There was something I had deleted from my original post because I wanted to keep things positive but a recent post on a different subject has reminded me of the greater value in keeping things real.

My mother and grandmother had a similar experience to yours. I was also mysteriously linked to it. My mother never recovered from it. This was the singular event that sent her over the edge, and has left me dangling over it.

I do think it is worth pointing out the positive side of things, just to add it to your list, is that you did survive this. Also, if you or a family member remembers the date, you should be able to find out if there were any documented sightings. That could be a game changer for you.

Good luck in your journey.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ClownFish

Thank you for your honesty. While the overall event was bizarre I didn't perceive it as a negative one. Life for us went on as it would and nothing more out of the ordinary has occurred. Ah but given the strangeness, I always wondered what it could have been and especially if anyone else has had something like it. And yes, I would love to know if anyone in my neighbourhood saw anything on that date but unfortunately it's too distant to remember for us.

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Interesting story, thanks for sharing. S+F

I don`t have much to add except what brought me here was title that I can relate to. I once passed out in the middle of the day when going for some more water to the kitchen. On the way back all I can remember was that everything increasingly turned white and next thing I remember was my friend`s slap that woke me up. Sound slowly came back to me after a minute or so and my head started to hurt a lot as I have hit in a closet. No one has seen any light changes or anything so I think it must have been due to blackout....well more of whiteout for me

I have talked to many people since then who have also experienced blackout but all of them said that all went black before passing out. So I still wonder what was that about..

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I had a similar experience except it was accompanied by a droning noise. As the light got brighter the droning increased in frequency... I learned to test spirits by asking if they acknowledge Jesus Christ. Upon asking this, the droning faded and so did the light. Perhaps Lucifer parading as a spirit of light.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Op3nM1nd3d

Thank you!

Now regarding your experience, you mentioned a pain in your head once you woke up and that your friend's slap woke you... Have you considered that it may have been a seizure of sorts, where you fell to the floor and hit your head? Just a thought.

I didn't have any pain or discomfort when my experience happened. It was totally devoid of all feeling until it disappeared and then we all expressed wonder and amazement.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I think pain was because I hit with my head in a closet and disloged one of the drawers
We found about this afterwards and my friends kept asking me if I was okay. I don`t remember this and the rest have just heard a snap so they came to check and found me on the floor. They said that it took them about a minute before I woke up.

This was a while ago and had no similar events since. Also had no health issues. I guess I just fainted for no good reason but thing is I also felt nothing, no pain or any other negative emotion, it was just overwhelming bright white light. As said it started getting white in front of my eyes while still awake and then became extremely bright and it was like that until I woke up.

I will never forget this and can only thank God that it ended only with a headache

top topics

<<   2 >>

join