It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: CRUZ WINS IOWA Trump 2nd; Clinton, Sanders in dead heat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Informer1958

That doesn't even make sense. Cruz is anti all that

Def not my first choice but it's more than clear if that's what you think. That you're yet another uninformed trump supporter

None of that makes any sense anyway. We have been losing illegals not gaining them, unemployment is low, the only tax increases we have seen have been for the rich and we have less gun laws now then when Obama came into office so who knows where is getting that stuff.

I do not see Cruz taking either. I see Rubio and if he takes the nomination he could actually win the White House where Trump and Cruz would get killed.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
I think Donald Trump wuz robbed.

He was and we all know that. Besides Cruzie boy didn't actually win at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
UUUGGGHHHHH Cruz is so sleezy! those eyes he makes at the camera, the way he softens his voice, the way

I'm sorry, I can't even listen to what he has to say, he just eww. I feel dirty after watching him talk. (and not in a good way)

I haven't decided yet who I'm going to vote for ( I still have a little time), But I do know who I'm not going to vote for.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
In the mean time over at the Democratic side of things: russia-insider.com...

It does make one wonder how much hanky panky went on with the GOP count as well ? I put nothing past those who want Clinton elected on either side of the isle.

The important problem is that the Bernie counters recounted everyone, while the Hillary counter was literally recorded telling someone else that she only added newcomers to the count she had before, and then when asked if she recounted everyone, she lied to the organizer and said "Yes". This means that if anyone left the caucus site who was supporting Bernie, then they were removed by Bernie's recounters, but any Hillary supporter who left the caucus site was treated as though they were still there for the purposes of the recount. Thus, artificial inflation of her numbers occurred unless everyone who left was a Bernie delegate, on top of the Hillary campaign surrogate lying to an election official to cover up her (negligent at best, malicious at worst) mistake.

And they left the recount up to a Yea Nay vote, which is just ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
I think Donald Trump wuz robbed.

Not at all... It goes back to what a lot of people on this site have been saying.. Its not enough to bitch and talk about who the better candidate is. People MUST follow that up by turning words into action and vote. Cruz was better able to convince his supporters.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   
HEY TRUMP

Bet you wish you hadn't called the voters in Iowa stupid now huh?

Trump gets slap on the wrist for rant on 'stupid' Iowa voters

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I had a feeling Cruz would beat Trump. Real conservatives know that Trump isn't a conservative vote.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Wow....

Sometimes, Iowa Democrats award caucus delegates with a coin flip

Hillary 700 Sanders 695.

Clinton won 6 precincts by virtue of a coin toss.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Wow....

Sometimes, Iowa Democrats award caucus delegates with a coin flip

Hillary 700 Sanders 695.

Clinton won 6 precincts by virtue of a coin toss.

Think now people can see Sanders is a credible chose many voters will switch to him.

Don’t see the future looking pretty for Hillary.

Nice to see the Trump get stumped. But Can’t really stand Cruz or Rubio TBH. One’s a Religious nut job and the other Bush in everything but name.

Still guess they are better than Trump.....Barely.

Shame Rand Paul isn’t more popular.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I believe it. That's just how close it came down. Clinton shouldn't be so cocksure of herself. She isn't sitting as pretty as she was when the election season started. Damn I hope for a repeat of 08!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It's not surprising Cruz won, Iowa was his only path to the White House, he HAD to win and he's been on the ground there for ages due to that fact. Plus he appeals to the heavily evangelical voter there who were always very unlikely to vote for Trump, despite Falwell Jr's endorsement. And Rubio's finish is not much of a surprise as the top two finishers are wholly unlikable to the average person.
edit on 2/2/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I think what we should all take away, as well as the candidates, is there was no clear winner. No one took 40% in the GOP race with such a large field. The DNC was not a 70-30% contest.

This was Iowas final glory I think. You had someone who pounded the pavement and spent millions who achieved 3% higher than the second place and 7% higher than 3rd. This to me is not a win as much as squeaking by.

What is next? The ads...they are going to go off the hook. NH is going to be a war. This was a small battle to align and see who would drop off. This has happened.

A good showing by all candidates although I really do not like Cruz. I would have accepted Rubio over Trump but Cruz is the devil in disguise...and a poor one at that. I thought he might go Howard Dean with his speech last night.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I had a feeling Cruz would beat Trump. Real conservatives know that Trump isn't a conservative vote.

Honestly I cannot say the same, Da Donald before the last debate looked strong going in, I knew very well he would have lost the general election , so perhaps ManBehindthe Mask called it right all along.

edit on 2-2-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I've looked at a lot of data and thus I've been reasonably sure that Trump is going to lose to Rubio or Cruz for a while now. I've been calling Cruz, but I feel like it's going to be a heater between him and Rubio. Trump will probably just be the wild card that determines if Cruz or Rubio win by pulling votes from one or the other.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
So Cruz claims he's a outsider, but used an insider's dirty tricks to garner votes, specifically using surrogates in some precincts to falsely claim Ben Carson had suspended his campaign so those voters should vote for Cruz. So if even half of Cruz's stolen voters went to Trump, he (Trump) would've won. Politics as usual. It will always be that way. The only blessing is that the last two winners in Iowa never became the nominee.

"Carson Accuses Cruz Camp of FOUL PLAY – Told Voters Carson Was Dropping Out — WITH PROOF"

"Rep. Steve King (R-IA) who was campaigning with Ted Cruz today tweeted this out during the caucuses tonight.
Carson looks like he is out. Iowans need to know before they vote. Most will go to Cruz, I hope. twitter.com...
8:20 PM - 1 Feb 2016"
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

edit on 2jY by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

It may work in Iowa, but no way in hell would Cruz win a general election pandering his evangelical bs. Iowa GOP may be lily white with a conservative, religious base, but Iowa is not a microcosm of the US as a whole. Trump will beat Cruz by double digits in NH, then we'll be back to square one in Nevada or SC, I forget which is first after NH.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Yes, Rubio will make up that shortfall in the rest of the country. Again, real conservatives know that Trump isn't a conservative vote.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Cruz's new competition is Rubio. This is who the GOP has chosen. This is why the numbers were that high. Cruz will be lost in NH and SC and I think it will come down to Trump and Rubio. For Trump to place at 25% we 3 viable candidates was a good showing. Far from packing it in time.

This is FAR from over also. There are more debates. What we should be looking at is the DNC.

All the talk will be about how Trump lost but the worry should be how HIllary won. How? I truly expected to see Bern hit 60% but I guess his base were all back in the dorms too high to leave

The Carson trick was also just that. A trick. Dirty Politics but it will come out. It always does.
edit on 02am29amf0000002016-02-02T10:52:43-06:001043 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Yes, Rubio will make up that shortfall in the rest of the country. Again, real conservatives know that Trump isn't a conservative vote.

I agree. After the dust settles I also believe Rubio will be the GOP nominee. I also think that Trump will go third party by the summer or after he loses his fourth early state. Super Tuesday in March will be the litmus test. My prediction, most likely wrong will be Rubio/Fiorina (R) vs Clinton/Castro (D) vs Trump/Palin (I). This will ensure a Hillary admin for the eight years after. Have fun, America.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I think the Democratic race is wide open at this point. Bernie tying Hillary is BIG news. Bernie was considered to be a non-contender back in July. Now he is tied with Hillary. I wouldn't be so quick to write him off of your predictions. Up until last night, I was reasonably sure that saying Hillary would get the nomination was the safe bet, but not anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join