It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betting markets now have Rubio as the favorite to win the Republican nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   
There are only a few places where you can bet on it at this moment but Rubio is the favorite with anywhere between a 47% chance and a 60% to be the Republican nominee.

www.oddschecker.com...

www.predictit.org...

Just one problem with that for me, I don't think Rubio has the charisma or the political clout to beat Clinton head to head. However, the following projection has Rubio beating Clinton in a potential general election:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The main reason I'd lean towards Rubio over Clinton is the fact that Rubio wants to repeal Obamacare. That could actually happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion
Rubio Whobio.....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Anyone in this race is better than Clinton for this country!

Well, except maybe Sanders or Trump!

LOL

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
There are only a few places where you can bet on it at this moment but Rubio is the favorite with anywhere between a 47% chance and a 60% to be the Republican nominee.

www.oddschecker.com...

www.predictit.org...

Just one problem with that for me, I don't think Rubio has the charisma or the political clout to beat Clinton head to head. However, the following projection has Rubio beating Clinton in a potential general election:

www.realclearpolitics.com...

The main reason I'd lean towards Rubio over Clinton is the fact that Rubio wants to repeal Obamacare. That could actually happen.

Out of the canidates running, Rubio has the best chance. Splitting off as many primary votes as he did from Trump in Iowa shows he has the ability to pull in the Moderate parts of the party. Both Trump and Cruz will suffer in the general election because they rely way too much on their respective base/demagogic support.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Marco's numbers are pretty high,
not that far behind Trump or Cruz.

He tries to stay positive, I like that.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
They've been telegraphing this for a while. I was hearing months ago that Rubio was "the only candidate Clinton's people didn't want to face" in the general election. Cruz pulled Iowa because it's full of evangelists. In fact, that's where Kevin Swanson (the "stone the gays" preacher) had his hatefest dressed up as a "religious liberties conference" in November. A conference at which Cruz and his father were both speakers (as well as Huckabee and Jindal).

Hopefully Rubio gains momentum and picks up the Republican nomination. Trump is a clown and Cruz is an insane person. If we some how end up stuck with a Republican president, I'd much rather have any of the rest except Carson over those two.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I really don't like that Rubio lied about the circumstances of his family leaving Cuba. He is too much like Hillary- a political opportunist who will say or do anything to get elected. I don't think he has any principles.

Sal

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Sweet. I'd vote for him over Clinton. So I have someone to potentially fall back on if Bernie doesn't make the cut.

new topics

top topics

join