It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Map of Pot states in the US....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Surprise surprise...the enlightenment proceeds apace.....
Did you know MJ is Totally illegal in only 8 out of the 48.......
Though only totally legal for recreation in 4, theres a lot of medical exceptions in may other states
Follow the link to see the map....
I had no idea that legalisation has come this far.....
Just a few more recreationasl states and the Feds will have to re schedule the stuff.....
I think its about timeI
How about you...

from the article:

The change will probably be worth it. If marijuana is decriminalized, Norml estimates government savings in taxes and law enforcement costs to range from $8 to $16 billion per year. And in 2015, legal marijuana sales reached $5.4 billion, which is 17.4% more than 2014's $4.6 billion, according to data from cannabis industry-tracking company the ArcView Group, CNBC reported.

edit on 1-2-2016 by bandersnatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Stop locking up, and tormenting consenting adults who consume and posses a plant.

It is no different - albeit safer - than alcohol, cigarettes, chewing tobacco, vaporizers/electronic devices, prescription narcotics, and over the counter products.

Beyond that, legalizing cannabis can deter a black market.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: bandersnatch

I'm afraid I fail to understand their color coded map...

kind of thought va had medical mj but according to that article maybe they don't.
who knows,

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Va is a brown for decriminalized I think...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ah the future of the united states of america,
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
He got to close to that medicial crop
www.youtube.com...

Seriously though for medicinal purpose I see no problem but how the heck will any work get done?.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Contrary to popular opinion , one can function quite well when under the influence...even drive...operate heavy machinery or paint a picture or whatever suits...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Ah the future of the united states of america,
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
He got to close to that medicial crop
www.youtube.com...

Seriously though for medicinal purpose I see no problem but how the heck will any work get done?.

There's three bars within about two minutes walk that are all open until dusk even on weekdays.

Contrary to popular belief, there is an entire science behind cannabis and the many CBD compounds.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The map is misleading in some cases.

For instance, MM is legal in Maryland, however it cannot be home grown and must be obtained from state approved dispensaries. But the problem is, no dispensaries actually exist because the state will not approve any for construction/opening, and it is illegal to obtain MM from another state.

This may be the case or similar with other states as well, where MM is technically legal, however, impossible to actually obtain legally.

edit on 2/1/2016 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Contrary to popular opinion , one can function quite well when under the influence...even drive...operate heavy machinery or paint a picture or whatever suits...

Besides the point, one can do all of these things (and more) while not under the influence of anything.

In their own homes, in their own time, hurting absolutely no one? People casually drink, casually smoke cigarettes, casually visit bars, casually visit hookah bars, etc

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

couldn't it be possible that for at least some people, they might be more functional with medical mj than they would be with no treatment or the more acceptable prescription drugs that are more commonly used?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
Ill agree if youll agree the work will still get done

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bandersnatch
Ill agree if youll agree the work will still get done

I can't obviously speak for everyone, and I'm not trying to break T&C, but I've met and worked with a lot of stoners and many of them were truly hard workers. Don't get me wrong, I had manager who left for over an hour and sat out in his car smoking, so there are always exceptions.

I like the Libertarian non-aggression principle, essentially stating to leave people alone as long as they are not harming anyone.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can go along wi that my friend....
Long time logger long time stoner
Usually some kind soul would insert the map for reference by now...im not that computer savvey

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Thank goodness MJ is still illegal in Florida. Quality is up, prices are down, no paper trail and best of all, no tax.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
ever tried to work with an alchoholic?? I have in the print shops. With a few of them. It's kind of funny to watch, sad also, but they are there trying to line up the next piece of stock to be printed and their hands are shaking so badly that you almost want to take the piece from them and do the work yourself. Or what about all those prescription drugs that cause drowsiness, heck now, some might even cause you to fall asleep at the most inconvenient time, or well, get up in the middle of the night, go for a ride, send a text message to your boss, whatever.

the point I am making is that there are many drugs out there that effect a workers performance. If you will accept a worker zoned out on prescription pain killers, anti-depressants, anti-anxiety medications, and all the other neat crap that the doctors peddle now days...why would medical mj be any different? ? Heck I tried anti-depressants once and decided they weren't for me when I sat looking at a lighter for the longest time, not being able to figure out how to light it!

Besides in most workplaces today, if someone comes into work consistently and fails to do their job adequately, they aren't going to stick around long before they are fired regardless of the reason.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I made a thread about this a few years ago that involved a dream I had let me see if I can look it up.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Marijuana Prohibition will soon be at an end. I am counting the days.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
When the straight public really gets the message over the reefer madness which the government has formulated at every opportunity.....for 80 yrs....!.I think they will be able to apply the lesson to 9-11, WMDs in Iraq, etc...
Already I think the tide has turned too far to turn the clock back.....

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Same things were a complaint leading into prohibition.

Once the taboo wears off of a legal product, the mystique is gone for most people.

The ones who are stoned all the time and dont get anything done are already stoned and dont get anything done.

The rest of people wait until the end of the day to have a drink or smoke.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually I believe a dispensary is being built in Annapolis. I'm already Dr certified for my card just waiting on the state to start issuing them.

a reply to: CaticusMaximus

edit on 2-2-2016 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join