It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tampa Man With Anti-Government Sentiments Arrested For Making Explosives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Oh, what a pretty home

A Tampa man with anti-government sentiments faces charges after federal agents found six to eight pipe bombs, bomb-making material, and guns in his home.

ATF special agents obtained a federal search warrant today, which yielded eight explosive devices, an AK-47 semi-automatic rifle, one .45 caliber pistol, large amounts of ammunition and bomb making material.

Ramos was taken into custody and charged with possession of explosive devices. Officials say he has given no explanation yet as to why he had the bombs or what he planned to do with them. Bomb squad personnel did enter the house and cleared it of all explosives.

Bay News 9
The Tampa Tribune

Well, that is worrisome. it just so happens I grew up on this very block. Quiet neighborhood. I wonder why he does not show up on the today's arrests when a search is done? I wanted to get his mugshot. Do Feds usually take them somewhere else?

He has handed out business cards for this website, which sells ballistic armor. Thankfully the gentleman was apprehended before he could carry out any action.

Or perhaps he was an intelligence asset the whole time, and this is simply a way to remove him from his cover. Who knows??
After all, nothing shows up on here (ATF)or here (FBI) just yet.

Police are crawling all over the area.

edit on 2/1/2016 by AmericanRealist because: add picture

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Seems like many would report people of non-Muslim race for constructing bombs or suspicion of doing so without feeling guilty about it.

Now I just hope that more efforts will be made to report these radicals burrowing within North America that are conspiring to do the same...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
What a pathetic sack of crap. I'm from the Bay area, too, and vaguely familiar with the neighborhood offhand. People, it doesn't need any basketcases making things any worse around there. Just because it's Florida doesn't mean you HAVE to live up to the whackadoodle stereotypes...

Edit: < snaps fingers> now I know why it's familiar, it's near St Joseph's. Friend of mine's kid had some treatments there for a while when they were little, I used to go with for moral support for the mom.
edit on 2/1/2016 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If the police are stopping the next Timothy McVeigh, they have my blessing.

I was in my late teens when the Oklahoma bombing happened but i will never forget my shock at the front page photo of that building having been opened up like it was made of sand.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I don't get how they catch these people.

Do they begin telling the world how much they hate our corrupt government, and then tell everyone they are making bombs to go fix things? Like that will work.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

Do they begin telling the world how much they hate our corrupt government, and then tell everyone they are making bombs to go fix things? Like that will work.

Me neither. How can almost every wannabe terrorist be stupid enough to not keep their mouth shut before they strike? Or be stupid enough to buy a huge order of ammonium perchlorate (say) rather than aquire it slowly over time?

Maybe common sense would mean they wouldn't harbour such tendencies?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

hmm, I wonder then.... did you used to work at the hookah lounge on B*** and 5*?? I swear I met a pleasant lady there through my friend Kimberly. Must be some other Nyiah.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The room this guy was renting is owned by a generous Cuban family. Two houses down is a firefighter I have known since we moved to that block. I still hang out on the next street over.

Funny, people in this city barely ever notice when ANYTHING happens. Maybe its cuz we have more bars than any city I have ever seen this size. We sure do love to party, just not hard enough to blow stuff up like this guy maybe had on his mind.

I will be trying to get as much info as possible. The young man arrested was frequently bragging about his patriot owned and operate ballistic plates operation, and that business has a facebook. I cannot seem to find an image of him however. If someone could cross reference his name on facebook for this area, I can identify him.

I just feel like a key piece of information is missing. This whole operation seems, out of place to me.

For instance, robots are frequently sent in to examine possible unknown packages, but these guys are just handling amateur made pipe bombs and explosive material without any gear that would actually save their life in the event of an accidental detonation, right in the driveway's of peoples homes. Does that not seem out of place to anyone??
edit on 2/1/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yes, they go online looking at how to make bombs usually. I did a search on google and found many sites explaining it. Crazy, but not unheard of. And they do surveill way more than you know. I posted some stuff in a thread I made. And the gov is trying to root them out as much as anyone else. Call it pre-emptive policy. Here in Fl we have the 10-20-Life law. He committed a felony while armed with a firearm and that is 10 years right there. The law says if your armed during a crime it is 10 year, 20 if you pull it out, and life if you fire it. People don't think about it much, but if you have a joint on you in someones house and they have a gun in their bedroom, it is armed possession. I have seen it applied several times and it isn't any fun for someone to find out how being armed applies legally. You don't have to have a firearm or even know it exists.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Ok well Fox News answered it for us. Video interviews and on scene coverage included. Funny when stuff just shows up when you ask for it??

According to the affidavit, it all began when Kenneth Ray O'Neill, II discovered what he thought were pipe bombs in his business associate's home.

O'Neill said he is both professionally and personally involved with Ramos. The two founded Patriot Armor, Inc., a company that manufactures body armor and sells it to, among others, law enforcement officers and firefighters. Ramos is the president of the company.

Detectives said O'Neill went to Ramos' home around January 16. That's when he saw a shoe-box-sized wooden crate in Ramos' bedroom holding four or six pipe bombs. O'Neill said he thought the bombs were made with 1.25 inch PVC pipe with green fuses.

Note: O'Neill has a prior felony conviction for transfer of destructive devices, specifically pipe bombs, in 2002. Law enforcement noted in the affidavit he completed his sentence and did not receive funds or consideration for a reduction in sentence for the information he provided regarding Ramos.

O'Neill said he asked Ramos about the devices and Ramos confirmed they were bombs he made himself. He also said he used his girlfriend's credit cart to buy the materials from Amazon.com.
When asked why he had the bombs, Ramos told O'Neill "if [expletive] hits the fan, you never know if you might need it."

The next day, Kenneth O'Neill and his brother, Ryan O'Neill - who the affidavit noted is an officer of Patriot Arms, Inc., former Marine and has no prior convictions - went to Ramos' house to tell him to get rid of the pipe bombs. The O'Neills also said they intended to eject Ramos from their company.

After saying they would call law enforcement, the O'Neills said Ramos became aggressive and said, what the affidavits referred to as, "something like 'so you're going to put me in jail?'"

Kenneth O'Neill said, at that point, he became afraid of Ramos, who was standing next to an AK-47 assault-style rifle.

Kenneth said he and his brother calmed Ramos, reassuring him everything would be okay. They did not discuss removing Ramos from the company during the conversation.
Involving the authorities

Kenneth did contact law enforcement.

On January 31, Kenneth called Ramos and detectives listened in. During the call, O'Neill told Ramos he needed to get rid of the "boom booms." Ramos agreed, but said he didn't know how and was scared to dispose of them.

O'Neill told Ramos to secure or hide them.

On February 1, search warrants were executed at Ramos' home. Agenst said they found eight pipe bombs and what were believed to be smoke grenades and tear gas. They also found AK-47 semi-automatic rifle, one .45 caliber pistol and a large amounts of ammunition.

Ramos was arrested.

"My reaction is very shocked, honestly. That guy is a very nice guy," Ramos' landlord Marisa told FOX 13 News. "It's very nice guy, I don't know their private life, you know what I mean?"

Ramos' girlfriend came to the home Monday to collect her belongings. She did not have a comment.

ATF agents on the scene told FOX 13 News they were glad someone was willing to come forward.

"We really appreciate the fact that someone from the public took the time to call, and alert us that somebody was in possession of pipe bombs," ATF agent David Brown said. "Had one of them gone off, anybody within a fifty foot radius would have either been seriously hurt or killed."

The affidavit recommended Ramos face charges related to the illegal transfer of a firearm and making a firearm. Law enforcement did not say Monday evening if Ramos had been officially charged.

Bravo guys, this deserves an Academy Award, or an Oscar.
Nice psy-op. was an obvious fishing expedition for half a year now. Should just pay me to write this stuff. If I recall, this kid moved into the neighborhood after the CIA ran some ads late night on some local radio stations.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Me neither. How can almost every wannabe terrorist be stupid enough to not keep their mouth shut before they strike? Or be stupid enough to buy a huge order of ammonium perchlorate (say) rather than aquire it slowly over time?

Maybe common sense would mean they wouldn't harbour such tendencies?

Not hard now days to catch planning but apparently it's not always conclusive unless it's "wanted" to be. He gave himself away by flaunting it on the internet, FB, more and someone or someones reported him and or the NSA and informants caught on. Good thing he did before he harmed people.
edit on 2-2-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I have this friend I have not seen in years.

He was into pyrotechnics (fireworks, for those of you who find this word chilling in some way).

He had a pyrotechnics license, which meant he proved he knew how to handle explosives.

My friend got drunk one night and was driving along near Camp Randall stadium in Madison WI., when a police officer did not check to his rear before opening his car door.

My friend, who just happened to be legally intoxicated while driving, just happened to be going by the instant this police officer opened the door to his car and he hit it with his car....

Of course we all know what transpired since he was legally intoxicated, but when he was hauled off to jail and the police were taking his car into impound, they (illlegally?) searched his car and found an explosive head for fireworks in the trunk of his car.

There was a football game going at the stadium, there were explosives in his trunk, the news got hold of it and said.

..."Drunk man in car with explosives outside of stadium during football game"...

The Media may not outright lie, but it certainly does embellish for ratings.

Don't trust what your TV, or any other media/news outlet tells you to be the truth.

Log it and do your research and you'll probably find a whole lot of things to be straight up fabrications.

Nevermind, you got suckered into debt and can't afford to think for yourself any more....

....You just don't have the time or mental energy from working your soul crushing, mind numbing, nowhere job.

Buh Bye.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

But were they pipe bombs?.

This was never made particularly clear since he isn't even being charged for possessing explosives as far as the report stated.

And illegal transfer of a firearm?, what? was it stolen?.

Illegal making of a firearm?, what?, was he trying to sell one he made?, because that is the only reason making one without a permit would have been a problem in a legal sense.

And above all, consider the fact that charges and convictions are not the same thing...

I actually think he just pissed somebody off and got fed to the cops.
edit on 4-6-2016 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

his business partners turned him in. I was actually out in the backyard refinishing a night table for my kids room in me pops work shed the day they were out there with him and had the first "disagreement" when I looked at the dates and who these men were. Trippy #. I was not listening to anything because I was working on my own project and had no idea what was going on over there.

But it did seem odd to me that they hung out for awhile outside talking like friends and then after going in they came out quickly looking agitated and they did not look as friendly anymore.

I still think it was a failed psy op to try and influence local opinion through a fabricated story, but it seemed nobody was interested lol.

top topics

join