It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

unfounded angry vibes? Do you ever get them?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Not really a rant as such but do you ever get in the kind of mood where you find yourself getting angry for no reason?

I have no axe to grind today, no problems either on the surface or bubbling away underneath. All day I have been at the point of snapping at people for no genuine reason. It's just silly but it will not go away, A guy slowed down in front of my house earlier in his car and I went through a scenario where he was causing problems and we got into a fight. It was all in my mind.

A mate came round and I was really angry and thinking " why is he here" he is just a friend popping round, A good friend asked me to work for him tomorrow and I called him out because it was later than I would have liked to be given notice of work when usually I would be fine with this.

It is like I am looking for a fight but I honestly have no reason to do so, I am having to catch myself at every point but no word of a lie I have nothing to explain this. It happens every now and then and there is never a reason for it, I am not even tired right now.

My silly side thinks it is coming from some kind of exterior force but I am not in the mood for that kind of silly right now, I would slap myself for thinking that kind of nonsense.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well...

First things first dude. Its bloody good to see you around the boards old chap. Very good indeed.

Now, to the core of the thing. I have been feeling decidedly unlike myself for the past month, aside from being genuinely under the weather for a short while with some sort of bug or other. I am of the opinion that a great deal of what I am feeling, has to do with the fact that we barely had anything I recognise as a winter this year. It was somewhat damp, too bloody warm by half, and we have had bugger all snow down our end for a good couple of years now. This is unnatural, getting tiresome, and throws my body clock all over the place like a deranged judo student jumped up on caffeine and steroids.

Winter brings me to life in a way that summer just has no power to achieve, and I miss it a great deal. Perhaps your angst is caused by the fact that somewhere in your hindbrain, you know that something is not right, that the balance of nature is not just somewhat wobbly, but has taken a proverbial flying copulatory experience, off into the distance, where you will not be getting at it again for the foreseeable future. Let's face it, as subconscious concerns go, that has to be one of the slightly more reasonable ones.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a train of thought.

i used to do it quite alot, when you wake up in a bad mood, it seems to stick with you for the rest of the day.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I have definitely had those days. I usually discover that it has to do with something that I'm missing in my life or something I'm doing or not doing that I think I 'should' be doing... Most of the time, it's actually because I'm not doing anything creative and challenging in my life. Creativity and challenge are HUGE in my life and if I neglect them, I get pissy.

Years ago, I went through a program that helped me discover what needs I have in my life. Everyone's are different, but 2 of my needs are creativity and challenge.

Hello to the Mrs.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
You might be right. Where I live we should be BURIED in snow now, with paths for sidewalks and driveways. There should be 5 ft of snow on each side of my driveway. Most of the roads should have some snow or ice accumulation, other than the biggest that are regularly salted.

There should be 8 ft high snowbanks in the corners of department store lots.

There is NO snow. It was 59 F last night and I sat on my porch with a beer.

Now, in the past we have had say, the odd mild December. But this has been neverending. I do not like cold weather, I do not like shoveling...but this is so VERY off.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

See, I love snow, and so I miss it, every year that we get none. We had a good few years of reliable snow when I was a little fellow, but since I attained adult hood, there have been fewer and fewer years where it has snowed in my hometown. When it does, the most we ever get these days is less than a foot. When I was a four year old, about up to my current hip height, I used to have to watch where I was going, because I could easily loose my self in a drift of the stuff. These days, I am lucky if a drift even tops over my boots.

I love shovelling, being frozen, having frost forming on my beard out of the vapour in my breath, marching out into a pounding forty mile an hour blizzard and rocking up at the pub like I just got off the battlefield on Hoth. It just has not been happening with nearly as much regularity as it used to, and I really a) hate that, and b) am very concerned about what it means for the wider climate.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: reldra

See, I love snow, and so I miss it, every year that we get none. We had a good few years of reliable snow when I was a little fellow, but since I attained adult hood, there have been fewer and fewer years where it has snowed in my hometown. When it does, the most we ever get these days is less than a foot. When I was a four year old, about up to my current hip height, I used to have to watch where I was going, because I could easily loose my self in a drift of the stuff. These days, I am lucky if a drift even tops over my boots.

I love shovelling, being frozen, having frost forming on my beard out of the vapour in my breath, marching out into a pounding forty mile an hour blizzard and rocking up at the pub like I just got off the battlefield on Hoth. It just has not been happening with nearly as much regularity as it used to, and I really a) hate that, and b) am very concerned about what it means for the wider climate.

When I was younger and lived in the middle of nowhere it snowed every year and it was so deep we would get lost in it. We used to make tunnels in the awesome white stuff, smaller kids would have to be rescued by bigger kids so as not to call adults out.

It was not unusual for us to build snow forts so big that we would need to be rescued from them they were that big, now it only ever snows enough to make the roads and rails unusable.

you may be on to something sir, and it is good to be back.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I am to laid back to gety angry . it is one of the joys of being a idiot

Or it could be all the drugs

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I get an unfounded anger reaction from time to time. When I am in that mood I actually am angry that I am angry. I figure it is diet or the lack of exercise or sleep that causes them, but I don't have any proof of that to share with you. I sometimes just need to 'sleep it off' to finally get it to go away.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It was Monday.....you could cut the tension at work with a knife.

I have been having a lot of bad vibes lately though.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Too laid back...

or 2 laid back....

Or just to laid back....

Or even two laid back....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

No, because they are not 'Unfounded'....

Vibes or what everyone else calls them comes from your inner....Soul, heart, brain.....
from the past, future or present...

Or from what is eating you from the inside out, unsolved problems from the past are the biggest issue in most cases.
Even a 'Tiny' problem in your head can get very big over weeks, months or even years.

Look back in your past what is bugging you, look for the small things.....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJudge2009

originally posted by: nonspecific

No, because they are not 'Unfounded'....

Vibes or what everyone else calls them comes from your inner....Soul, heart, brain.....
from the past, future or present...

Or from what is eating you from the inside out, unsolved problems from the past are the biggest issue in most cases.
Even a 'Tiny' problem in your head can get very big over weeks, months or even years.

Look back in your past what is bugging you, look for the small things.....

Thank you for that but this is what is bugging me.

I am not ignoring things here, there is nothing that I can think of that would generate this anger and annoyance.

It is bugging me that I cannot think of the reason that I am annoyed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Get your blood pressure and A1C (glucose) level checked , please. Sounds a lot like me once upon a time.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Sorry, but can't say to much....
But I had a underlying issue in my brain/heart some where, (had to do with my past), what i found out only a few years ago...

I had hid it so good for myself, that it took a good few people to find out what was wrong/ hurt me.
I literally put someone in the Hospital, after he said the wrong thing at the wrong time to me....
At that stage I knew I had to do something...and eventually got it sorted

Thanks to some great friends, and a LOT of talking I got there....
Most problems are only a small issue....But it is what you or me make of it.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Two laid back is heroic.

Three laid back is legendary.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Get your blood pressure and A1C (glucose) level checked , please. Sounds a lot like me once upon a time.

So true, I had a 140 over 90 NOT GOOD!!!!
Glucose levels are great now...

Well worth checking out...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Two laid back is heroic.

Three laid back is legendary.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJudge2009

originally posted by: Gothmog

So true, I had a 140 over 90 NOT GOOD!!!!
Glucose levels are great now...

Well worth checking out...

I was angry all the time . When I finally got to the doctor , mine was 190 over 120 . The doc immediately gave me 2 BP pills and called the hospital to have an ambulance standing by....Know how you feel.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Brain chemicals. Coming from out of nowhere, suddenly and seemingly without cause...but there is one. Sometimes several. Foods, lack of sleep,depression etc etc...sometimes it takes nothing at all.

But in med studies, we learn that it sometimes takes absolutely nothing one can pinpoint to change and affect our moods. And that is how I have to treat one with an emergency as an EMT.

I arrive on-site, find them injured, upset, perturbed...can't and havent the time to assess more than the immediate...not completely clear how they got that way, just an assessment RIGHT NOW of whats wrong, what do I need to do RIGHT NOW, and where should they go and how fast.

Brain chemicals. All day, everyday, everyone of us. Youve heard the saying "they just all-of-a-sudden went OFF!"?

My point....
MS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join