It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Passsive resister...Yep, there's a charge for that!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Being a passive resister means you haven't done everything you could to immediately comply with the officer's commands. If they tell you to put your hands behind your back and you don't you are a "passive resister". Then they have to do it for you. Something along the lines of obstructing or delaying an officer. What fun laws we have! And that gives them a nice charge to add for you.

If you tense up you have now become an "active resister" and then the fun starts.

Keep in mind, it takes very little for a passive resister to become an active resister.

For example, if you grab hold of an arrestee's arms and the arrestee tenses his arms not allowing you to move them behind his back, he has become an active resister. If you grab hold of an arrestee's arms and the arrestee pulls away from your grip, he has become an active resister. If the arrestee begins to walk away from you after you have given him clear commands that he is under arrest and needs to place his hands behind his back, he has become an active resister. Once the arrestee becomes an active resister, there are many new options available to control and arrest.
source

Remember, if a subject is truly a passive resister, you (using the principle of mass) will be able to place that subject in a position to be handcuffed and removed from the scene. By having the arrestee in a control hold position, you are prepared if the arrestee becomes an active resister.

So remember, Kiddos, next time you decided to protest comply immediately or they will do it for you. That's right, you can not only be charged with resisting arrest but also for passively resisting. Who'd a thunk it.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Yay for Democracy

If we vote hard enough they'll stop this nonsense, right?

a reply to: quercusrex

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Doesnt matter . In either case they just shoot you now. And look st the thread that was posted earlier that I didnt see

No Charges for Cops Who ‘Accidentally’ Fired 107 Bullets at an Innocent Mom and Daughter

edit on 1-2-2016 by Gothmog because: add info

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The last time I was passively resisting as you call it, by refusing to consent to a search without a warrant, I got pulled out of my car window by a cop and was handcuffed until my circulation was cut off in my wrists.

Then they proceeded to tear my car apart until there was nothing left to open or break; they found absolutely NOTHING, then gave me a ticket for some stupid minor offence, something to do with the tags on my plates if I remember correctly.

Either ways it was so damn absurd and they just laughed it off after trampling all over my rights.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

The last time I was passively resisting as you call it, by refusing to consent to a search without a warrant, I got pulled out of my car window by a cop and was handcuffed until my circulation was cut off in my wrists.

Then they proceeded to tear my car apart until there was nothing left to open or break; they found absolutely NOTHING, then gave me a ticket for some stupid minor offence, something to do with the tags on my plates if I remember correctly.

Good Lord! Do you look like El Chappo or something?

Did they do any permanent damage to your vehicle? Did you file any kind of report? Was this in the US, and if so, what state?

-dex

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

This happened in Saskatchewan, Canada, by our federal police force, also known as the rcmp.

I must have that "look" because every time I interact with an officer, they either have their hand on their gun or I'm placed in handcuffs for "their safety".

No I do not have any criminal record, but there surely must be something on my profile that makes them feel unsafe when they interact with me.

I have been caught for minor possession when I was a teenager but the cops just took the stuff and left, no charges or anything were brought against me for it.

Furthermore yes they did do permanent damage by tearing open my dashboard for one thing, and no I didn't file a report because what's the damn point ? So I can have them make my life a living hell ?

What pisses me off about it is, first of all it's degrading to be treated like that, and worst of all I have no choice but to sit there and comply unless I want a bullet in the head or have the # kicked out of me.

It makes my blood boil!

edit on 1-2-2016 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Just to add more context, I was leaving work which was located near a native reservation, I was passing through the reserve on my way home when I was stopped.

The natives there will tell you just how racist the rcmp can be.

I won't add any more info in case some of them are reading this, I'm sure csis is already all over this site, just like every CIA type group out there.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wisvol

Yes, in a perfect world. The only solution is being active locally. City council meetings, go to them. Get to know your mayor, sheriff, and chief of police even if they don't want you to.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

I've had the same thing happen. It sucks, but we can be an instrument of change if we get involved and work locally.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

That community was never going to be a permanent home for me, and as such I wasn't interested in getting involved in their local politics.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: quercusrex

Once the arrestee becomes an active resister, there are many new options available to control and arrest.

And their training stresses this. It's like they're saying " If you can get them to be an active resister then you get to really have fun with them".

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If my loud argumentive self got charged with passively resisting, everyone I know would be so proud of me!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: wisvol
Yay for Democracy

If we vote hard enough they'll stop this nonsense, right?

If we vote hard enough they'll stop this nonsense, right

funtastic!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

they can charge you with resisting arrest for only telling them that you "reserve the right to remain silent."

seen it happen first hand.

top topics

join