It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post an interesting inspiring video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just thought I'd start this off. I was looking for interesting videos on YouTube earlier, saw some great ones on Timothy Leary, then I came across some of the Beatles and came across this of John Lennon. Thought it was quite powerful, so I'll share it here.

Do the same of someone or something inspiring to you and the community of ats

I guess I like the idea of using advertising to bring about positive change

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This if a video for anyone who's fond of motorcycles, especially classics. Its a heartwarming tale of two sons who plan an elaborate surprise for their dad by stealing and restoring his old basket-case Norton motorcycle that he rode when he and his wife were young.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is really simple, but as an athlete ... I've been here.

Not a death crawl, but at that point where you have to keep going long after your body and mind are telling you discretion is the better part of valor.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Go outside.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

And remember to dress properly.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Live the way you should be allowed to.

I am a hippy ass dreamer and encourage others to be the same.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific seems like a good idea with the current housing crisis, could teach the large developers a thing or two

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
They must have run this for a couple years, as it is one of my first memories and I don't think it is scientifically possible for me to remember it form 1971. I was so happy to have found it again a few years ago on Youtube.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
They must have run this for a couple years, as it is one of my first memories and I don't think it is scientifically possible for me to remember it form 1971. I was so happy to have found it again a few years ago on Youtube.

I was born in '77 and I clearly remember this advert so they must have re ran it a few times.

Brings a tear to my eye so it does.

Nice avatar btw, classy.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

well, ty, nonspecific.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
I love that one. I hear the song often, it is in an 80s mix I listen to while gaming. One of my favorite videos.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

On beauty.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is from one of my favorite thinkers: Neil deGrasse Tyson.

The gist of the video is the difference between knowledge and thinking. I think this underscores one of the major problems with our current educational system. People are given facts and not taught how to use them creatively.

This is not just a problem in our primary and secondary schools, it extends to our colleges and universities. I find this sad because college is where a person should be learning how to think.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: N3k9Ni
This is from one of my favorite thinkers: Neil deGrasse Tyson.

The gist of the video is the difference between knowledge and thinking. I think this underscores one of the major problems with our current educational system. People are given facts and not taught how to use them creatively.

This is not just a problem in our primary and secondary schools, it extends to our colleges and universities. I find this sad because college is where a person should be learning how to think.

Thank you, you just reminded me of this clip below.

One of the most inspirational things I have seen in a long long time.

No offence intended just inspiration.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent my new morning watch simple yet effective. Basically what my counsellor told me about 10 years ago

edit on 2-2-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   

My kids introduced me to this one some years ago...it still chokes me up.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird I love that one. I was trying to find it before. Should be compulsory viewing

<<   2 >>

join