It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Discussion.

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright
The rules are different now, candidates have to win the delegates through the primary process. Some grey areas do exist for example, Iowa may do something at the Convention that's going to upset one candidate or the other because Hillary has (last I heard) 1 more state equivalent delegate (SDE) than Bernie, they're still looking for delegates. Generally though, delegates are required to nominate the candidate that won their state.

Super delegates can nominate who ever they feel like of the candidates.
edit on 2/2/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Don't be so sure. Hillary supporters aren't going to not vote for Bernie some might not or vote Republican out of spite but not nearly enough.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Woohoo! My Trump supporting hubby is disappointed with the Trumpster's seeming silence after Iowa. Trump just doesn't seem to be the shoot from the hip cowboy, all of the sudden, to him. He can't stand the other repubs so he is more seriously looking at Bernie, now. I am extremely happy since obviously the past few months have been tense in our household discussing politics.
I wonder if there are other Trump supporters like my hubby, who were caught up in the whole Trump hooplah and are now, beginning to look elsewhere?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

According to the polls the only person that can beat Bernie is rubio. You will find a lot of Republicans will not vote for trump and the same with Cruz. It will be the religious right vs the youth and Democrats. I think the middle independents wont be too happy in this election. The only viable Republican in that vote is rubio who is extremely similar to Obama. Except the guy is on track to be a career politician. He started right after college and honestly hasn't done all that much but talk and smile.

It's really a toss up. Cruz is certainly no more popular than Sanders and seen as just as whacky.

Trump just turns off most independents and fiscal Republicans. He just says stupid things and makes a joke out of politics.

It's unfortunate because he is really fairly independent policy wise. He didn't need the cherades or should have backed out of them sooner if he needed them for coverage.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: Kali74

A coin toss?

In a election?

The Iowa caucus process designed by the parties are a joke. It needs to be a straight-up vote, but they play silly games to weed-out the lower-tier candidates.
it is an outdated, useless joke. I wouldn't be surprised if they all showed up in powdered wigs and subjected the candidates to trial by ordeal!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: annalisa2016

I'm just sick enough to find that entertaining, yes.

All we need now is some OPPT authentic New Age Gibberish and it would be a popcorn worthy event.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

According to the polls the only person that can beat Bernie is rubio.

According to the polls, Trump and Clinton were going to win for their parties decisively.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yes and no. I usually go to real clear politics where you can see several polls and compare. It was not too far off it was about plus 4 over all. Ended up only plus .2

Trump took a gamble with the debate and prior to everyone was talking about how reagan didn't do well in Iowa and Trump doesn't need to and may not. Now it's a big shock?

Cruz is as extreme as Sanders. It's a crap shoot if those would be the candidates. It depends I think if the youth show up to vote.

Just my opinion though. I so think generally speaking the average person feels the voices suck.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
People at the caucus reported it was so disorganized and crowded, people were able to vote for the same person repeatedly, and there was no way anyone could have kept track (kind of like the star system for comments here on ATS, if you have time on your hands, you can page back, star again, page back, star again) and they said votes could have easily been changed at the booths, if the person manning the booth didn't like the vote. Not to mention, Ted Cruz's people tricking Carson's voters into thinking he was quitting, and stealing those votes. The whole caucus system is about as useless as library index cards. Any joker can tamper with it, and throw the whole thing off.

Not that the outcome matters, Iowa has only been right about R candidate twice in 36 years.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 222mockingbirdlane
Yup, dirty politics...

Desperate for votes THAT BAD?????

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

According to the polls the only person that can beat Bernie is rubio.

Bernie won't have a chance to beat Rubio or any other Republican because the Democrats aren't going to let him be the nominee. Never happen.

Whatever 'rules' there are for this process can be changed on the fly by the parties, and there's no way in hell Bernie gets the nomination. Bank on it.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: Teikiatsu

Yes and no. I usually go to real clear politics where you can see several polls and compare. It was not too far off it was about plus 4 over all. Ended up only plus .2

I was referring to polls from the past, not recent. If you are going to talk about the (D) outperforming the (R) in election polls, you have to bear in mind that the general election is 10 months away and things can (and will) change overnight. The polls 1-2 months ago said that Clinton and Trump were pre-ordained. They only began to tighten in the last week before the caucus.

If Bernie gets the nomination, he is in for a massive amount of disclosure about his radical views. People will learn a lot more about this guy and the bull he is shoveling. He is one melt-down away from a crash and burn. The polls for the general are worthless at this point.

Heck, just point out the truth: he's been in Congress for 30 years. Nobody likes Congress. He's made deals with (R) and (D)? No one is happy with how Washington has been operating for more than a decade. Sanders is part of the problem, he is not the solution.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Saturday, February 1, 2020

The Iowa Caucus is in two days. Polls point to Senator Bernie Sanders winning Iowa, and New Hampshire the next week.

Source: www.realclearpolitics.com...

But the liberal media is continually talking about Bloomberg gearing up to win on "Super Tuesday", which is on March 3rd.

MSM doesn't like Bernie? WHY?

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I can't understand any support for the democrat candidates.

Everyone of them wants to reduce the freedoms we have and every one of them, every single candidate wants to raise taxes.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

CNN is dirty. A big turd in AT&T's portfolio of companies. And it's about to get worse, because CNN announced today that it's not releasing the final Iowa Caucus poll numbers to the Des Moines Register newspaper, as is customary during the weekend before the Caucuses.

Source: www.desmoinesregister.com...

RCP Average of Polls show Bernie Winning. MSM/DNC doesn't like that at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 10:53 PM
link   

CNN is just the PR arm of the DNC.

posted on Feb, 1 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

CNN is just the PR arm of the DNC.

Since CNN and the DNC are joined at the hip, when one implodes so will the other.

posted on Feb, 2 2020 @ 05:35 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join