It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Discussion.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Tonight's winners will be Clinton and Cruz

Ya heard it here first.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Anyone think Rubio has a Jonathan Edwards eire about him. Just seems like a newscaster spouting bs. I mean the guy has done nothing of note in his life or career.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Agreed, but I think it's possible you may see a Rubio and Hillary victory tonight. Depends on how many people actually decide to go caucus for Trump. A lot of poll support and vocal internet blow-hards does not mean they will turn-up for a caucus.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If Trump and Clinton come out on top, you have to wonder what is going on in the US.
You look at the polls and both Trump and Hillary rank as some of the most untrusted candidates ever.

I think TPTB think that they have gotten to the point where they can give us a steaming pile of crap and the American public will smile and ask for a bigger plateful of smellier crap next time.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I can't disagree. I just think it's strange people can't see through it. He is a career politician who isn't particularly good at legislating.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I predict it's Bernie to win it all. He may be anti-Establishment, but I do believe the Establishment loves his $18 trillion plan for America.

Scary, but that actually makes a lot of sense.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Trump and Sanders will be victorious.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
What in the name of the Lord is a caucus all about?

I am from the U.K, so I am unfortunately, in a very ignorant position with regards to what is actually gong on.

Good luck U.S.A, you might just need it.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Anyone think Rubio has a Jonathan Edwards eire about him. Just seems like a newscaster spouting bs. I mean the guy has done nothing of note in his life or career.

I don't disagree, but it's kind of like Obama, and he got elected. I don't sense a "John Edwards" here. I mean, there were pretty clear hints about Edwards pretty early on, and I don;t sense anything similar here.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Bush beat Reagan, 31.6% to 29.5% in '80 in the Iowa Caucus, then Reagan went on for a landslide.
Reagan also skipped Iowa debates.

Trump is about to repeat history. Sit back and brace yourselves for the landslide because history shows even if Cruz sneaks past Trump, it is a meaningless win for him and will keep him in just long enough in the race to cancel out all the other guys, snow blowing a path for Trump.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
What in the name of the Lord is a caucus all about?

I am from the U.K, so I am unfortunately, in a very ignorant position with regards to what is actually gong on.

Good luck U.S.A, you might just need it.

A caucus is not like a silent vote. People get together and discuss the candidates, then vote their favorites publicly. They also discuss other party platform issues. it's strictly a party thing. Government is not involved. Anyone who wants to can speak, but you don't have to. They are done by districts, and the votes come out of the district to choose delegates. I went to the GOP caucus 8 years ago. It was actually a fairly civilized encounter even though people were partisan about their candidates.

In my case the caucus chose delegates to the County convention, then the County convention chose delegates to the State convention, who chose delegates to the national convention, who actually voted for the candidates. So my caucus experience did not result in the direct election of delegates. Iowa does.
edit on 2/1/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Smooth talking hair guy, already came to light he was using his gop credit card for personal affairs during an ecomnomic hardship. Who knows what else is in store.

But yeah I was kinda saying we already had Obama do we really want another guy who doesn't know jack.
edit on 1-2-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Coverage starts soon!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Anyone think Rubio has a Jonathan Edwards eire about him.

I know what you mean, but I think they're very different. Edwards was a bazillionaire ex trial attorney. Incredibly sharp, but was not as bullet proof as he thought.

Rubio does this thing where he gets all earnest and serious, then at the very end out of nowhere, flashes this inappropriate cheesy game show host grin. I find it incongruous and weird. I'm sure along the way he has 'handlers' telling him to smile, but it comes off as way too contrived to me.

8 years from now, I might be willing to consider Rubio. But right now, he doesn't have sufficient gravitas or experience for me to put him in the big chair. A spot at the adult table for sure, but not the head of it yet.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

do you know what channels will be airing coverage?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

FOX, CNN, MSNBC among others.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kitana

Checking now. It said on CNN online this morning that it starts at about 4......(Central Standard Time - which is Iowa time).....

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

THANK YOU!!!!

link   
a reply to: yeahright

I just want him to do some legislating first. He comes off as a newscaster. He has the ability to speak for sure just not sure what he is really about.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thank You...

Des

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join