It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Discussion.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Bleh! ABC has given GOP way more coverage, one of their reporters just chased down the Cruz bus as it arrived at his party event.

link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Well you are right that the Democrat Party might as well rebrand themselves the CPUSA.

49.8% Clinton

49.6% Sanders

link   
91% reporting

Clinton 636SDE 50%

Sanders 632SDE 50%

What a race...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

can't believe his father's support dried up. Must of been rage against the machine trumpers and sanders voters now?

---

I think these results are exactly what the RNC wanted.
Cruz slows down trump, and now all that establishment money will be flowing towards a surging rubio. idk what carson is doing, and libertarians dead in the water at 5% .

Narrative will be moved to surging rubio. rubio gets his first win in nevada and that is where cruz will lose momentum. Then it's going to be a question if trump wants to outspend the RNC and the whole gop establishment. He'll have to ask himself if it's worth it.

link   
I'm calling it right now.

This is the beginning of the fall of Trump. He's a "winner" and 2nd place is loosing.

The research he's referring to, conducted by political scientist Larry Bartels (now at Vanderbilt University) and published in 1985, found that in close, ambiguous political contests, preferences and expectations are tightly related and mutually reinforcing. There's a "bandwagon effect" that sees voters, especially low-information voters, flock to the candidate most expected to win.

Yes, Donald Trump Will Implode, Here's Why:

Trump's supporters like his "winner" mentality and Trump's "strength" as a winner. When he's not winning, he's loosing -- and his supporters don't like losers.

And out of everyone, Trump hates loosing more than anyone....

link   
If God were real, he'd show up about now and say something like, "This woman is a criminal!"

I cannot believe she is "leading," yet I can believe it. What a sad day.

link   
Just because Cruz won, it does not mean he somehow has this in the bag. The last two winners of the Iowa caucuses were Santorum and Huckabee. Counting your chickens before they hatch is not always a wise thing. Those pulling for him and against him may be surprised in the end.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's a bit premature.

Trump should show very well in New Hampshire.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire
If God were real, he'd show up about now and say something like, "This woman is a criminal!"

I cannot believe she is "leading," yet I can believe it. What a sad day.

Democrats. It's all you have to say.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
With the race being so tight, this place is blowing-up. Tons of people inside the main hall, foyers are packed and the parking lot is full.

Great turnout for Bernie tonight, both here and at the caucuses.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The Democrats are for the establishment, they can never be communist or left wing.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:13 PM
link   
latest..

Clinton 642

Sanders 638

still in the 91% range... I need to go pop some popcorn....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
a reply to: ketsuko

The Democrats are for the establishment, they can never be communist or left wing.

Sure they can. Just for us little people, not for themselves or the super rich or the big corps.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sanders keeps wavering between 50 and 49%. That he's the one whose numbers keeps going down and then up to tie doesn't look good.

link   
a reply to: introvert

ABC is covering that event... they said the band stand crowd has been dancing literally since 5:30 this morning. That's the one you're at, right?

link   
a reply to: Teddy916

The Democrats were left wing under FDR and JFK, 'till they were usurped by the New Democrats (big daddy Clinton).

Both parties are for the majority part corporate whores, though.
edit on 1/2/2016 by Eilasvaleleyn because: Said Reagan instead of FDR for some reason.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
strange gap still less than 92% but this is how it's reported now

Clinton 660 50%

Sanders 649 49%

confused... now Clinton's figures are bolded..... smh

link   
Ted Cruz has the most votes ever for a candidate at the Iowa caucus.

link   
a reply to: Eilasvaleleyn

Yes that's why Bernie is so amazing!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: introvert

ABC is covering that event... they said the band stand crowd has been dancing literally since 5:30 this morning. That's the one you're at, right?

I'm not sure. Lots of people dancing and having a good time here, but I don't about 5:30am.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join