It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Discussion.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Cruz 28%

Trump 25%

Rubio 22%

Rubio is rising. I think only around half the votes have been counted though.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I think Hillary has this in the bag. Bernie needed to win Iowa and New Hampshire and ride that wave of momentum going deeper into the election, NH is a lock for him but I think he's going to get smoked in more diverse states against Clinton.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Is there any chance that Rubio finishes ahead of Trump? Rubio is up to 20% now

Finishing 3rd would be a massive blow to Trump's ego

He was hoping for a "strong 3rd place finish" and it looks like he's going to get it.

28 Cruz
25 Trump
22 Rubio

right now.
edit on 2/1/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Rubio on the GOP side is the status quo of our current political process...

As much as I disagree with aspects of Trump and Cruz....

I will not vote for Rubio... or Bush for that matter...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

You won't have to worry about Bush III, but the interesting issue is, with all these lower-polling candidates, when they drop out of the race, which absolutely must happen, where will their support go? If they are also "status quo" candidates (like Bush) will their support go to Rubio?

Not advocating--just asking.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Well, most of Jeb's supporters would probably support Rubio, and I'll imagine many evangelical voters will most defiantly side with Cruz.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I think Hillary has this in the bag. Bernie needed to win Iowa and New Hampshire and ride that wave of momentum going deeper into the election, NH is a lock for him but I think he's going to get smoked in more diverse states against Clinton.

I think he'll not lose momentum if doesn't win Iowa tonight because he'll win New Hampshire next week. Hillary has more to lose if she doesn't win Iowa because she'll have lost back to back Primaries within a week of each other.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

ON the GOP side, I am still a strong supporter of Dr. Carson...

He may not be flashy, not looking to sway crowds by changing messages depending on the audience, he's straight forward trying to be a leader...

Granted, until we, as a nation, realize that electing a President won't change anything, and understand that we have a chance to change the course every 2 years, with those in the House and Senate that make things move, and focus on changing those who suck the blood sweat and tears out of the tax paying public, and make a concerted effort to root out the lifers... send them home, populate those seats with folks whose responsibility is to the folks who voted them in.. until we get there, this 4 year cycle of the Presidential election is nothing but a sideshow... We as a people need to do better...

They laugh at us in DC.....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
80% per my feed

Clinton 50% Sanders 49% tight race......

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
CBS has 62% of the Republican vote in.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Breaking news from Iowa:

Former Maryland governor Martin O’Malley was set to announce the suspension of his presidential campaign on Monday night, following a dismal showing in the Iowa caucuses that effectively ended his long-simmering White House ambitions.

This is not surprising because it's been neck to neck between Hillary and Bernie Sanders. I wonder if O'Malley will try to be the nominee's VP?
Link

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Uh... how? 50% to 49% with 78% reporting at an a 0.6% difference? That's a shift from the 57% to 42% I saw when this started.

This is a huge win for Sanders and his useless idiots. God help us.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How does Iowa work on the delegates?

winner take all, or split?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Cruz 28

Trump 24

Rubio 23

From CBS.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: JacKatMtn

You won't have to worry about Bush III, but the interesting issue is, with all these lower-polling candidates, when they drop out of the race, which absolutely must happen, where will their support go? If they are also "status quo" candidates (like Bush) will their support go to Rubio?

Not advocating--just asking.

Nope. Most of them are hoping to show strong in New Hampshire. They know that Cruz likely won't have much turnout up there. So they'll hope for a good shot at 2nd or 3rd.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I need to breathe!

lol

Come on Bernie!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Fox is about to call this for Cruz it looks like. They say they have 99% in. It's about an even 3-way split between Cruz, Trump and Rubio with about 25% for the rest. Carson holds the most of the rest with 9%.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I want to see Sanders beat Clinton so I can laugh.

I get why people voted for that guy. Even though he's pretty funny.

Sad Senator Rand Paul got shutout like he did. He's not an establishment republican. He's a libertarian hiding in the RINO dominated GOP.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well, I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong with my original projection.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why did FOX even bring back Karl Rove to comment after 2012?

FOPX calling it for Cruz officially.
edit on 1-2-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join