It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Gender change what new comes in Medicine? Trans Specie Surgery or Hormonal treatment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
And if one is impossible, then so should the other be.

Yes.

But, is this a serious discussion that the brain might tell someone they are a different species?

I don't find the necessity in comparing transgenders (gender dysphoria) and trans-species (species dysphoria).

Some people lack respect and will turn it into an insulting joke.

Transgenders have enough to deal with in life.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Morrad

Well Dear Morrad,

I only can answer that with the same upside down logic that there is people that can't host a baby inside for nine months, can't give birth to a child naturally, can't feed a baby with the milk of her chest, but they believe to be women, like for instance Mr. Bruce Jenner.

Now, with all respect, if Mr. Jenner or any other transgender decides to feel insulted by this comment why we don't ask the millions of natural women what they feel when somebody comes and say to them that an artificial woman can perform their role in life entirely equally?

Did he or any transgender really cares of if he or she is hurting feelings of other people around when decides to change gender attending fundamentally only his or her own will? I don't think so to be honest.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

edit on 2/1/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light

Well Dear Morrad,

I only can answer that with the same upside down logic that there is people that can't host a baby inside for nine months, can't give birth to a child naturally, can't feed a baby with the milk of her chest, but they believe to we women, like for instance Mr. Bruce Jenner.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

As I thought.

This was a put down of transgender.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I once again stand amazed at all the people who will happily allow a person to reject the biological reality of their bodies when it comes to their biological gender, but will backpedal and scoff when it comes to allowing a person to reject the reality of their biological bodies when it comes to their biological species.

Seems to me that gender and species are equally genetically hard-coded, and if we can allow that someone's brain can make them reject one, then we can argue their brain can make them reject the other. And if one is impossible, then so should the other be.

Watching people trying to twist logic is hilarious.

It is perfectly normal for a guy to claim that they are girl to the point of mutilating themselves with surgery and dressing like women. Not only are we told it is normal, but we have to accept this behavior and then call this guy a "she". However, if someone believes they are another species, we are then supposed to just write that off as a rare circumstance and not worthy of belief or discussion.

Where do we draw the line?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Of course. This thread was never about the future of medical technology and was just a poorly hidden attempt to call transgenderism weird again. Like we don't have plenty of those threads already...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And some of us find it all insulting, but clearly we now live in a world where what we would prefer to believe trumps what actually is.

So, here we are and the cognitive dissonance is jarring.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

What is so insulting to you about the things that other people do with their own bodies?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

I understand that you just want to get your angry rant out there for everybody to see, but i don't understand how these people's choices affect you in any way.

You obviously believe in an invisible deity that makes no sense, and i'm sure you don't like it when people tell you how stupid that is, so perhaps you should let other people believe what they would like about their own lives, and stop trying to police the morals and ideas of the people around you.

People who "belong to the light?" Sounds like some of your own ideas could use a little vetting.

Leave people alone and stop pushing your values on others.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Dear Anne,

There is too much hypocrisy in to defend decisions that are extremely selfish arguing self determination and dignity or moreover even civil rights by the way.

The concept of civil rights come from Civility, and civility implies social awareness, respect for all others, for the elders, respect for the children, respect for the family, for the society in general, respect for the vital force that has brought all of us here.

It is in the core of civil rights a peaceful attitude toward life in general, not to try to violent its natural course, respect for the human life as it is , not as we would want it might be in a selfish dreamed artificial imaginary universe.

In 1960s civil rights activists fought for a return to what is natural, like to want to live and no harm others, that begins to don't harm yourself of course, to love everybody and not to boost destruction of life.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

link   

Well Dear Morrad,

I only can answer that with the same upside down logic that there is people that can't host a baby inside for nine months, can't give birth to a child naturally, can't feed a baby with the milk of her chest, but they believe to be women, like for instance Mr. Bruce Jenner.

Now, with all respect, if Mr. Jenner or any other transgender decides to feel insulted by this comment why we don't ask the millions of natural women what they feel when somebody comes and say to them that an artificial woman can perform their role in life entirely equally?

Did he or any transgender really cares of if he or she is hurting feelings of other people around when decides to change gender attending fundamentally only his or her own will? I don't think so to be honest.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

Do you care when you hurt people's feelings when you tell them that they should have the same morals and values that you have? Or that your imaginary god doesn't approve of their choices? It doesn't seem like you care for those people very much. You don't seem to have any empathy for them. You just want them to be more like you. You don't care about what they want at all.

link   

Well Dear Morrad,

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

Do you care when you hurt people's feelings when you tell them that they should have the same morals and values that you have? Or that your imaginary god doesn't approve of their choices? It doesn't seem like you care for those people very much. You don't seem to have any empathy for them. You just want them to be more like you. You don't care about what they want at all.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Well Dear Morrad,

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

I would call this a deceitful thread - - with intent.

There was no other purpose to this thread then to slam transgenders.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
After Gender change what new comes in Medicine?

Extinction...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Sorry Dear Woodcarver,

In science there is no space for subjectivism, no space for personal interpretations of what is a right or not, or moral relativisms.

Real science is always looking for universal principles, and one fundamental is that life can't be harmed or destroyed to try to cure a person from any malfunctioning.

What kind of physician is the one that kill the patient to end with the illness?

When certain extremely invasive treatments, like surgery, or artificial therapies, like to apply hormones that the own body never produces are carried out in Hospitals to 'change gender' something that is alive dies for ever.

Have you ever thought what happened with the testis and ovaries of adolescents that go in to hormones for change of gender therapy?

What do you think it happens with those 'treatments' to the potential ovules and spermatozoids that were going to be produced naturally in those organs along all the life span of that person?

Does anybody have the right to take decisions that destroy life in anyway just for personal affirmation ?

How in the world medicine can develop treatments that are killing fundamental organs of the body of a young person and believe it is ethically correct?

Testis and ovaries are not only organs of reproductive functioning, they are part of the delicate and extremely important hormonal balance of the organism.

Medical science has showed since more than a century ago that even mental disorders can be boosted for problems on glandes, for lack of normal hormonal equilibrium, one classical example is schizophrenia.

Please check:

www.medscape.com...

schizophrenia.com...

It is irrelevant if you are altering the natural balance of a body to perform change or gender or if your project is to try to change specie, the two situations are playing to be God, and believe me that is a very difficult task my friend apart to be an insane perspective.

The human organism is an extremely fine system, if you change it in part you can carry many other side effects in other areas for ever.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
After Gender change what new comes in Medicine?

Extinction...

Why do you think that's funny?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I wasn't laughing.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What is so insulting to you about the things that other people do with their own bodies?

The fact that while we allow them to reject their reality and substitute their own, it isn't enough. Instead all of us must be forced to reject reality to suit them.

It would be one thing if they confined it to themselves, but now I must potentially watch a man come into my bathroom and pretend he's not a man to suit him. No one cares what I think about it all.

That's what's insulting.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Yes, you are quite right Ketsuko, it is not an exaggeration to claim that specie and gender are equally genetically hard-coded, a truly woman has in all her cells nuclei chromosomes XY, and a natural man chromosomes XX.

Pls check :

en.wikipedia.org...

There is no way in this world that any Hospital can change the natural chromosomes that define gender in any person that goes in to change of gender therapy.

What may physicians are doing right now is just making up gender, there is no change of gender at all carried out by science.

The so called commercially called change of gender is just a kind of experiment of how a man looks when his testis are suppressed and it is immersed in a soup of feminine hormones artificially introduced in his body or the converse if we are talking about a woman that wants to be a man.

Is this really medicine? I am doubtful about that to be honest. I am afraid that any similarity with Dr. Frankenstein is not a mere coincidence.

It is also known that in the past Soviet Physicians were forced to experiment in the possibility to hybrid species, that is not so different perspective, they were working in to produce the perfect soldier with body of Gorilla and mind of man.

Pls check:
dangerousminds.net...

www.youtube.com...

By the way the Soviet project of Apes Army was carried out in part to 'prove' that God does not exist, it is ironic that somebody here came with comments about a supposed religious bias from my side.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I would, however, like to remind everyone that South Park was once again ahead of the curve on this one.

Sometimes, I think Parker and Stone are modern day prophets in disguise ...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Is really ethical to offer medical treatments to transform the body beyond what it is naturally granted by birth in order to try to fix problems that exist in the mind?

should we include breast englargements, and other plastic surgery that women have done to improve their looks?

What about babies that are born with birth defects that don't necessarily adversely effect their health and well being but are well, just unsightly to look at..... what do ya think, is that ethical???

what the heck is wrong with the idea of live and let live for crying out loud! what is it to you weather a person is born a boy but decides to make his body appear feminine...or a cat for that matter? unless we are talking about corrupting the human dna, what's the difference between it and a person tattooing their entire body, which has been going on for a long time really!

and the meanwhile, you want to have a basic discussion on the morality of surgically altering the body we were born with... how nice of you!!! kind of like how the religious right doesn't like gay marriage, so as far as they are concerned the law should be made that only religious marriages should be considered marriages...
although that really doesn't keep gays from marrying, since there are churches that will marry them, but it kind of would put quite a few heterosexual couples who have lived married for decades reclassified as something else thank you!!!

and now, I imagine yous would be perfectly fine with the idea of deformed babies just having to accept the body that God gave them also.....just to enforce the idea that sex change operations are immorally wrong!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join