It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Birth of the CIA: Real life American Spies.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
After World War 2, no one in the OSS knew what was going to become of American intelligence. Truman and a few congressmen kept the central and eastern European offices open with minimum staff to spy on the Soviets. This group was known as the Central Intelligence Group and one of its members was a man named Richard Helms. In 1946 Helms was shocked by the overwhelming lack of good information they had, He claimed:

...that at least half the information on the Soviet Union and Eastern European in CIA’s files was pure falsehood.
Weiner

The lack of info scared the big boys and so:

The Pentagon determined that the best way to blunt a Soviet advance was to cut the Red Army’s supply lines in Romania.
Weiner

This would be the first covert operation of the cold war. This would also be the first dirty deal of American Intelligence. Col Vandenberg, the then head of CIG:

…sent two of his aids to see Truman’s White House counsel, Clark Clifford. They argued that “the original concept of the CIG should now be altered” to make it an “operational agency.” Without any legal authority, it became one. One that same day, Vandenberg personally asked Secretary of War Robert Patterson and Secretary of state James Byrnes to slip him an additional $10 million. They did.
Weiner

So, the spy games began, and unfortunately, the Americans lacked the preparations and skills to deal with the operation and thus:

It took soviet intelligence and the Romanian secret police only a few weeks to sniff out the spies.
Weiner

The failed missions in Romania had Washington in an uproar. So, frist the American people get The Truman Doctrine

With the Truman Doctrine, President Harry S. Truman established that the United States would provide political, military and economic assistance to all democratic nations under threat from external or internal authoritarian forces. The Truman Doctrine effectively reoriented U.S. foreign policy, away from its usual stance of withdrawal from regional conflicts not directly involving the United States, to one of possible intervention in far away conflicts.

While this was beginning the popular propaganda campaign, Col. Vandenberg was giving secret testimonials to congress where he said:

The oceans have shrunk, until today both Europe and Asia border the United States almost as do Canada and Mexico.

With the propaganda in place, congress takes action with The National Security Act of 1947

The National Security Act of 1947 mandated a major reorganization of the foreign policy and military establishments of the U.S. Government. The act created many of the institutions that Presidents found useful when formulating and implementing foreign policy, including the National Security Council (NSC).... The act also established the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), which grew out of World War II-era Office of Strategic Services and small post-war intelligence organizations. The CIA served as the primary civilian intelligence-gathering organization in the government.

And by April 1948, the CIA was trying to rig its first election:

Italy, in addition to having the strongest Communist Party in Western Europe, was not a very resolute ally of the United States. During the Italian election of 1948, when the communists had threatened to take over the country through the ballot box, the US intervened covertly to support democratic parties. Less than a year after the National Security Act of 1947 was enacted, the Truman administration, confronted with the threat of communists coming to power in the Italian elections, decided to use the CIA to channel support to the non-communist parties opposing them. The CIA general counsel at the time, Lawrence Houston, had opened several months earlier that the appropriations committees had not had this kind of activity in mind when they approved the Agency's appropriation and thus would need to be informed of and approve the expenditure of appropriated funds for such purposes.
link

The CIA and the MIC as a whole continue to gain power, sometimes legally, sometimes covertly, and the American public are being lied to and told to fear groups of people, today just as they were then.

Physical Work Cited
Weiner, Tim. Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA. New York: Anchor, 2008. Print.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hubrisinxs

The CIA was originally created to assist the cabal with maximizing profits to shore up the banking system by human traffiking, drug running and satisfy their paedophilia. The bankruptcy of the US was damaging to the cabal.

The UNITED STATES INC., went bankrupt in, I believe,1931, The united States for America did not.

Once the CIA took off, they have worked with a single mission: feed the cabal.

There is so much darkness in our alphabet agencies (which are corporations) to be revealed in 2016 -2017, it's sickening.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Interesting, I didn't know some of that. I have a family member that went into Army Intel, then the OSS, and in 47 helped start the NSA. I didn't realize how inept the spies were at their tradecraft. They did some crazy stuff though during the wars. The family member was tracking military movements and eventually ended up in charge of all spying on the Chinese Navy after years driving the Russians nuts dropping com devices in the SU. They had troops with backpack radio direction finders that went around destroying them, but they dropped thousands every few days.

Here is a funny note. They were so bored during peace time they pretty much played war games on their computers. They had a beer machine on their floor in the NSA. Things changed drastically later.

I don't know how many of you know about clipper chips, but they have been used since the 40's. They were put on almost every electronic device capable of communications. In the old days when we used DOS, there were setting you could set in the config file to "Set Clippers=" However, you could not find any information about clippers for obvious reasons. Back in the mid 90's if I recall correctly there was a news article about Congress considering funding for the use of clipper chips. My family member happened to be at my house and when he saw that he busted out laughing and told me the story about them. He said congress was not funding a clipper chip program since it was long used for near 40 years. It was funding another new program. Don't believe everything you read because history is not what you may think considering certain subjects.

The current SAR system in satellites is the most amazing thing I encountered. It is capable of seeing a 1mm change in height from space. It can see new footprints, or your trail through a field by seeing the dew knocked off plants. It works by making 2 scans and the differences ar measured. That was then, now I am sure it is truly frightening what they are capable of.

BTW, not many people know what 'Cell Books' were. It is basically a book that keeps all your associates in it. Well, that obviously labor intensive. Many know that FaceBook is an NSA front program now. Not sure if they were involved up front or got involved later. It replaced the cell books and you provide all the associations pretty much. Probably why the government said they didn;t use social media to screen terrorists. They don;t want you to know what is up.

I tell friends that they should consider themselves on video and audio when outside their homes. The reality is that they can listen through any digital device. I did counter-espionage for a time and learned a lot about securing yourself from clandestine surveillance. We would put off balance tiny motors on windows to vibrate them to stop laser listening devices. Cut pipes from sink drains and install radiator hoses, and also sound deadening putty on the sick itself to stop the vibrations from being used. They were some of the largest microphones in the home or commercial environment. You can use various size chicken wire in the walls and ground it to sink any RF penetration type listening devices. You can use radiant barrier roofing to repel thermal and rf imaging. However, unless you get rid of most of your electronic devices you still have issues. We used to count phone lines twice a day and any ungrounded wire was grounded. You can listen through an ungrounded wire. We even had capacity alarms that measured the space in an air duct. If you put a wire in an air duct the alarm had to sound or it was a fail. I could go on, but you get the idea. Obviously getting rid of all your electronics is not going to happen, but you can make a room into a secure bubble if you are so inclined.

edit on 1/2/16 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: spirit_horse

First, let me thank you for your poignant response, and I am glad I could provide you with some information.

A note: My wife's sister works in digital satellite images and topographical mapping for the state. She notes that the imaging technology she is working with today is 100 times more powerful than what she was taught was top-line in school back in the 90's. If the US government wanted to know what was going on somewhere, then they would find out quickly.

I am not sure what can be done, but I will keep what you said in mind.

top topics

join