It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serious question for Christians and others of Faith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Me personally? I simply don't like being impaired.

So no alcohol or medication, ever?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

How can you love God with all your heart when you are emotionally, psychologically and/or physically addicted to something?

How can you love "God" without opening your mind and heart? How can you even rightly imagine "God" if you don't let yourself out of the crate from time to time?

You just don't get it, do you? You don't.

edit on 2/1/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Frankly some people's ideas of what God is makes me think of some sort of spiritual totalitarian regime.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: VP740

I don't understand how Marijuana could be used for anything I would consider spiritual.

That's to be expected from a "never-ever" user.
It's very spiritual......some people are just too afraid to open their eyes.....and minds.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Cannaboss

I'm a 52-year-old lifelong Christian so I can give you a double-whammy's worth of opinion - from an old man's old-fashioned point of view as well as a Christian stance. And I'll say beforehand, my Christianity is an odd cross between typical conservative values and way-out-there forward-thinking beliefs (see my website, Bible Blender, for a good dose of Christianity mixed with science). Firstly, I do have a problem with pot users today simply because it's illegal. That in itself allows users of the drug to "cross the line" which can be a dangerous proposition going forward.

As far as legalization of pot, the issue isn't the substance itself, but what it's used for. Not everything God put on Earth is intended to be ingested. Does that include pot? Maybe so, maybe not. If it's used for sustenance or for medicinal purposes, I think it's fine. If it's used to alter the state of a person's mind, and thus impacts their ability to make a decision, then yeah, I think it's bad. Especially if the users inability to make rational decisions impacts *my* personal existence. Same goes for legal substances like alcohol. My son argues all the time that "all pot does is make me mellow, it doesn't affect my ability to think" to which I respond, "then how come when you're high I have to explain everything a dozen more times than usual". It does impact the ability to think so using it for recreational purposes seems wrong to me or at the very least, pointless.

Personally, I prefer to keep my mind clear at all times. I enjoy life too much to waste any of it away in a "haze".

BTW, don't forget the biblical mentions of wine, albeit a much more watered-down version than we drink today. Same sort of principle - normal use is fine but Christians believe that allowing it to control your body crosses a line.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Closed for Staff review.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join