It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim McMahon Says Medical Marijuana Helped Him Kick Pain Pill Habit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Well, I'm sure Mcmahon is not the first, nor will he be the last. One thing is for certain; time and time again, we read of these success stories. I actually posted a medical study that decreased overdoses on opioids right here -

Now we have a credible retired NFL player telling us how he has kicked the pain pills. This is great news. Just imagine, if medical marijuana could help alcoholics, and otherwise, drug dependant individuals

Now 56, McMahon has been plagued by debilitating health problems following his 15-year career and multiple concussions in the National Football League. He has been diagnosed with early onset dementia and has severe headaches, depression, memory loss, and vision and speech problems. He also said he suffered a broken neck.

As a result, he joined a pending class-action lawsuit accusing the NFL of negligence and misconduct in handling concussions.

L I N K
edit on 2/1/2016 by seagull because: Fixed all caps title.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Opioid related deaths have dropped 15% in Colorado since cannabis was legalized. If only those numbers were national.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Isn't this just replacing the drug with medicinal marijuana?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tiamat384

See, that right there....

Whats wrong with helping people deal with a medical issue? Personally I have chronic lower back issues and without going into too many details there has been only one thing that truly helped me over the years. It wasn't some over priced, man made monstrosity with all sorts of "Side Effect" like, Depression, potential suicide and spontaneous explosive diarrhea ....

I'll leave it at that.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Tiamat384

I'm no expert, hopefully our local cannabis mentors will chime in. I believe that one's tolerance for opioids builds hence needing more and more.... cannabis helps to cut the dependant. ..

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Just?

Opiates and marijuana. One is not like the other. Noone has robbed a pharmacy to obtain weed.

Ive seen first hand the damage that oxy's can do to people. Can not say that about weed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Ditto - back, joint athritus , migraines. ... no more

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Kinda but the Cannabis is less harmfull.

Your not likley to suffer as bad side effects (Or death) with the Cannabis.
edit on 1-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Or addiction, depression, skin, liver issues,

Thanks for posting

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Actually, yes, it is. But, one of them is very addictive, while the other is not. So if you can break your addiction using the other, it's a win-win. Plus the side effects of medicinal MJ are almost nil compared to opiates.

It's why they use Methadone to treat Heroine addicts. Yes, it's another drug, but far less damaging.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Just imagine, if medical marijuana could help alcoholics, and otherwise, drug dependant individuals

It does.

Addiction treatment of meth heads and people on pills was hard to dismiss.
Many use any substance they're given, as long as it changes the way they feel. While it does not solve people's life problems it does help to use substances that are organic. Brownies last longer than joints and don't burn respiratory tissue over time.
Joints work better on first stage patients because the effect is immediate, like that of what they're replacing.

To the poster who said nobody robs a pharmacy for weed:
I get your point about addiction, but I saw a video of cops robbing a pharmacy for weed on this very website the other day. Possibly also for money and justice if they're asked.

Congratulations to this Jim McMahon. Terrible habit, pills. Despite what the advertisement and profiteers say. Who would've known?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ReadLeader

I'm glad you mentioned 'liver damage' in particular.

People forget the residue of doctor subscribed drugs clog up the liver which is the most important organ for a proper functioning body. I do know though, that milk thistle tincture is very good and will clear out everything in a short amount of time.

I knew this older man long ago, who's doctor insisted he undergo surgery, he told me he chose against it, and rather took this certain excellent brand of milk thistle for a month and a half, when he returned to his doc. He was amazed at this old mans recovery. This was 15 yrs ago or so, but i thought i'd relay the story.

Good Post btw!

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Personally I don't believe in help of marijuana. Seems weird to me.
Respect traditional methods of healing

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnnaMaria

You mean Big Pharmaceutical medicines? Or, All natural methods used for hundreds if not thousands of years with ingredients from nature, Like Tree bark, Mushrooms and Moss etc etc etc?

*You know, the stuff that many pharmaceuticals get their ingredients from because they work, Like Aspirin, Antibiotics, Pain killers...

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Some people have injuries that cannot be healed.
They have to live with chronic pain. Do you know what that is like?

ReadLeader...S&F but I likely won't be participating...the judgement of people who can't relate...irks me too much.

jacy

posted on Feb, 23 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Thankfully that's not how science works.

You don't have to believe in it for it to work.

new topics

top topics

join