It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American weather...in Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
But in name only.

Americans have been giving personal names to their tropical cyclones for decades now...but now, finally, the fanatical clique of America-worshipping acolytes ruling these islands have caught up.

Yes, you may have your twisters and hurricanes, forcing people to seek refuge in their cellars, or even evacuate whole towns, to save life and limb.

But now Britain has got it's own horror story....STORM HENRY!!!!!

A mildly annoying rain shower with a bit of wind thrown in.

*WARNING* Don't go outside without a jacket, cos it might get a bit chilly.

Oh, and if you're thinking of going outside with a lighted candle, well, you might want to think again about that. Cos the flame could get blown out. Yeah!

And god forbid you chance driving on the motorway, because you might feel the wind buffeting against your car. And there'll be rain - you'll need to turn the wipers on...

Forewarned is forearmed.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Americans have been giving personal names to their tropical cyclones for decades now...but now, finally, the fanatical clique of America-worshipping acolytes ruling these islands have caught up.

Oh dear. How to get annoyed about nothing!

The US name storms, so do other countries. Hurricanes and cyclones are named by a number of countries depending on the point of origin. The motivation for the Met Office to name storms comes out of the need to identify (with the public) what is going on, as well as other reasons. It makes it easier.

Name our storms
Wiki

Anyway, if Storm Henry causes you angst, then wait until Storm Wendy rolls in! I wonder when we'll get a Storm Tarquin, or s Storm Mohammed!
edit on 1/2/2016 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   
the met office descision to ommit certain letters from the naming chart is disapointing :

we could have had :

q = storm quentin
u = ursula
x = xerces [ sp ] a persian king from persia
y = yogi
z zuess - fook who wouldnt want a storm called zeuss

the met office is being unimaginative

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
"There will be a patch of high pressure reaching over the UK later this week named Claim day Colin.

Wrap up slightly more than you would for inside, no rain is expected at all with little cloud cover."

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I was hoping that "J" would lead to a storm called Jesus.....oh the name play on that one.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Might just be a bit of rain where you are, but here in the HIghlands of Scotland there have been severe gale force winds all day, and it's forecast to get worse.

I've already got a big oak tree down on the riverbank.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Yep agreed, schools are closing early in Argyll and it sounds like there's a banshee outside my window . Shetland had 100mph winds at the weekend. And the worst is still to come.

'Frank' was bad enough with lorries being blown over and trees coming down - let's see what Henry has in store for us.
edit on 1-2-2016 by beansidhe because: forgot about the window thing

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Storm Valiant ... it better happen!

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm in the North East of England and the weather is becoming a real pain in the arse.If it's not raining it's gale force winds or both.We've already had our 40 days and 40 nights.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad
I was hoping that "J" would lead to a storm called Jesus.....oh the name play on that one.

Yep, no bother...and since we have had multiple storms in a row, they could be easily called Jesus, Mary and Jofus. evil:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The met office's horrendous inability to predict the weather even 5 minutes ahead of time is one of the main reasons I find man made global warming crystal ball gazing to be retarded.

John Ketley would have never stood for it.

new topics

top topics

join