It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Someone educate me.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

That's incredibly interesting.

Any links to do some in-depth?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Meme ... Isn't that what you do on Twitter when your expression of contempt cannot be adequately displayed in 140 characters or less?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor
Sure but a google search wont satisfy your need for stars and flags, or maybe this site is the only one the poster are allowed to visit"parent control"

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Some good definitions of meme were offered earlier in the thread. But conceptually, analogically, I like to imagine that memes are like symbolic packets of data in the zeitgeist. Another analogy I like for them is, "mini-archetypes." In the way that we see evolved species in their "present form" but they mutated and evolved in myriad ways leading up to this point over great expanses of time, I like to imagine cultural and psychological archetypes are the fully formed conceptual "species" and memes are the evolving, mutative stages that might lead to the creation of archetypes - or comprise them.

For example, the way green has come to mean go, and red stop. That's not a universally embraced idea everywhere in the world. Yet in certain subsets of civilization, it's taken as a given. Where did that concept come from? How did it spread? How did the concept replicate itself from mind to mind until it became an accepted construct that is now largely taken for granted in those places where it is thusly used and thought of? I would say that's a form of meme on its way to becoming an archetype. Or not.

But this is just my weird conceptual way of thinking about it.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

phucin hell, I give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

think im just too old

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Omg

I hate this thread

so much

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join