It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to Google, Mary was 12 when she was pregnant and Joseph was the 11th son of...12.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
According to Google, Mary was 12 when she was pregnant and Joseph was the 11th son of...12.

www.google.com... gle&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

www.allaboutgod.com...

And Jesus birth order personality is that of an only child.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: s0nny

I heard she was 13

John12:3

Parallel verse

New International Version
Then Mary took about a pint of pure nard, an expensive perfume; she poured it on Jesus' feet and wiped his feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the perfume.

of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
Lectionary: 17
Reading 1 SIR 3:2-6, 12-14
edit on 1-2-2016 by Unspoken75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I don't think we know what age would Mary be in the bible but I hope she wasn't too young. That would be weird if she had a child at a very young age.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Teddy916
I don't think we know what age would Mary be in the bible but I hope she wasn't too young. That would be weird if she had a child at a very young age.

You are looking at something that was supposed to have happened 2000 years ago when things were very different.

Life expectancy was far less and people matured and were married far younger than what we deem acceptable in today's society.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Exactly, if I'm not mistaken weren't most people dropping dead before age 30 ?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Unspoken75

Nard??

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Why? If she was sexually mature, then it was natural. Our society today is what is weird by putting stigmas on what is natural.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IridiumFlareMadness

Why? If she was sexually mature, then it was natural. Our society today is what is weird by putting stigmas on what is natural.

Some current figures here. Link

In Germany the age of consent is 14, Argentina 13.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I don't see why Mary wouldn't have been a young teen, or a preteen. The life expectancy at that time was low, and once puberty hit it was time to make babies. That's just how it was for the majority of human history.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if her age under 14.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is just ridiculous, nobody knows how old Mary was when she gave birth or how many sibling Christ had or what sexes they were.
At best its a wild assumption

So many people think Jesus was a story anyway, whats the point of assumption

and to make things even more ludicrous you have gotten your Josephs mixed up, thats just beyond ignorant, Joseph from GENESIS is who they are talking of in your link, of technicolor dream coat fame not Joseph, Jesus father Joseph
Whats wrong with proofing what you put in a thread before posting it

I will never be amazed by what I read on ats, i thought
edit on 1-2-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   
With conversations like this, why would I want to believe in a religion?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Joseph was apparently in his 80s too. It's important because it makes attempts by Christian fundamentalists to paint mohammed as a paedophile moot and hypocritical. It's logical that this practice was widespread across most of the planet back then, however shocking and abhorrent it appears to us now.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Joeseph was eighty
What?
This just gets even more absurd

Sling stupid statements around like lollies at christmas

Who makes this up, where do you get this from

Please magma Carta show me some link, something, anything that justifies that statement, anything but what you read in a superman comic

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: s0nny

OH DEAR - your own " source " contradicts your claim :

Mary could have been betrothed at about 12, however, there is no direct evidence of Mary's age at betrothal or in pregnancy.

further - if you actually read the bible when ever any number is cited for the age of a parent when thier first born is delivered - the " custom " is clealy not followed in every case

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   
La reply to: Vector99
I am reconin only people stupid enough to believe conversations like this

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
The warning sign was "According to Google".
Once people stop getting information from real books, the level of understanding plummets.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
a reply to: Raggedyman
The warning sign was "According to Google".
Once people stop getting information from real books, the level of understanding plummets.

David Icke writes books.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Life expectancy actually wasn't bad in that time period. If you survived out of the really dangerous childhood years, you could expect to live a reasonably decent length of time.

The Ancient world is full of lots of old men marrying very young girls just because a lot of men have just always been a bit creepy.

Still happens in many places in the world today.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: s0nny

www.google.com... gle&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

www.allaboutgod.com...

And Jesus birth order personality is that of an only child.

Well if Google says it...... it must be the truth, huh?

Don't believe everything you read and believing in Google's garbage is your first mistake,

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Don't believe everything you read and believing in Google's garbage is your first mistake,

Google does not really 'say' anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join