It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is love even real?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I hate to hear your ex is such a selfish person to you. Life is a rough place man, its easy to get jaded with people especially nowadays it seems.

I don't normally give unsolicited advice but here goes anyways. It is not being loved what makes you a good person it is the act of loving others that it is the catalyst for transformative properties awakening within yourself to be truly happy. For a long time I never really got this, and I still struggle with it from time to time. I realize I cannot go through life jaded feeling because of others actions and decisions that I have no control over, and another person is never going to make me happy anyway. Me being happy is really a choice up to me.

I read a book once written by a lady who was a hospice nurse for thirty years. She had listed some of the things that people have as their top regrets about their life when they are on their deathbed and their life is almost over. Top of the list was people saying, "I wish I had just been happier." When you think death is near you realize happiness and love is something you choose to be.

Good luck man god bless.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Yes

(answer to your thread title only)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If the only people you can love are those you can afford to love, then no.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

No, it is not real and a billion other people feel the same way and another billion find out the hard way and another. Out of 5 billion people on this earth, I guarantee maybe 10,000 have found love, real love and that’s away from society.

Television ,eye phones, social media and money itself, have killed any possibility of true love ever existing on this earth. it all died out during the 1800s.

So keep your head up buddy ,don't believe it when you see the happy couple smiling walking down the street or the happily married neighbor...it's all about who can help you survive better, it's all about survival and selfishness in the world of Relationships’.

'Love is Love Real Love is Real Love'
edit on 9-2-2016 by ImmortalLegend527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Absolutely True!

Of course it is usually the fact that you care for others or are abused by others which tends to make this difficult at times...

posted on Feb, 10 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   
one major factor is that people who are afraid of being alone/ dying alone seek love more aggressively. So there is a high rate of people who are not psychologically mature getting together and so this gives love a bad reputation when things fall apart.

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I ask myself this a lot. In fact in times when 'love' is making me feel terrible, I often tell myself that it just a chemical reaction in my brain and pheromones.. all part of evolution to keep us reproducing. And that it all means nothing.
Then again we don't necessarily need love to have sex and reproduce. Perhaps it just drives us to do it more so. We are more of a pack animal after all.

I think before you can actually answer this question, we should probably determine What makes something real in the first place?

What makes something real anyway when it comes to feelings? you cant see love. its not physical. How can we possibly test it? Maybe the fact that your brain makes you feel these things does make it real?
It certainly feels real in the moment. whether love is going well or poorly... it can cause you to feel physical pain...

I think the fact that research has been done to show different activity in the brain indicating feelings shows that emotions ARE REAL. you do feel them. your brain causes you to feel things and have emotions.

Love is just the name we give to one of our many emotions. I dont think that just because your brain causes us to feel it, quite possibly to keep the human race going, means its not real.

Maybe the question is more a personal one.. for if you want to engage in such activities.
edit on 14-2-2016 by IvyNeptune because: because grammar

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: IvyNeptune

That came off like you have never really been in love with someone...
When the day comes you care about somebody more than yourself and do not want to be without them perhaps you should come back and post again...
You would know if it was real or not I mean that's a rather good indicator of your experience with love...
That and you don't turn it off and on it just is and you can't change it...
edit on 14-2-2016 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hey buddy, try seeing it a different way. When polygamists marry multiple wives is it true love?

When a marriage is arranged is true love to be found?

When we feel we love someone, why is it than we put more restrictions on that love than we did before we knew we loved them? Would you say monogamy is an instinctual happenings or is it conditioning? Don't ask your brain, ask you Bo-jangles.

Taboos and fetishes. Fetishes and taboos.

It's as if we're trained to expect things that are naturally unrealistic and than we get all broken hearted when we see that person was incapable of living to such an unrealistic expectation. We are raised to accept a single Union and than we must act unnaturally to see it succeed. Strange, seems counter-intuitive doesn't it? Yet, there are others trained to accept an arranged marriage and that you'll "learn" to love, whereas others marry at whim.

Everything relative brother. I was a stang with a lot of spirit growing up. Monogamy wasn't my strong suit and as such broke some hearts.
however, now I am happily married to a wife who is completely open minded about such fetishes and taboos and yet, now suddenly I no longer have desires for such fetishes. Don't figure. I don't know, maybe THAT is love.

Good luck to you.
edit on 14-2-2016 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

I said it was real?

I was more questioning how you decide if something is real or not. Especially a feeling. and that just because it may exist because of an evolutionary and survival need doesn't make it less 'real' or less meaningful.

and Ive definitely been in love, and cared about many people more than myself.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I'm very sorry to say this, "Love" is actually the name of a very powerful being.

When you think about "Love" you are basically channeling him.

Many would not like to hear this, but he is a Draconian deity.

Some say of course, some say.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
Is love even real?

Everything exists!
Thus everything is Real!
Thus everything is Truth!
All inclusive!

So, not needing to reinvent the wheel, again...

Knowledge = experience!
You cannot 'conceptualize' with 'conditional thoughts', unconditional Love!
It must be experienced (like everything else) to be Known!
'Believing' in it means nothing other to the emotional imagination of the belief infected.

“Your task is not to seek for Love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” - Rumi

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

All the rest of the vain egoic conditional crap that we, in the meantime, imagine to be 'Love' is no more than hormones and crushes, all 'conditional'!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join