It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daoist prophecy names Messiah as "Li Hong" - 1600 years old prophecy...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I can´t believe I missed this prophecy for such a long time. This is by far the most unknown, most exact and most underestimated prophecy out there that I ever came across, and I came across quite a few. Anyway, the one who waits for something good.. I want to apply prophecies to our modern world because all prophecies say that when the modern world arrives the end of this world as we know it is near. So whatever the prophets said should be compared with today´s world developments.

To give a brief background Daoism is considerred one of the world religions with around 36 million adherents globally and it stems from China. It is a selective and kind of elite religion in China and monks are chosen by the monk master at a young age. Many monks practice Kung Fu and they focus on "Truth" in this religion.

Daoism according to Wikipedia: Daoist information

The sensational thing about this prophecy is that the Daoists already named the Messiah 20000 years ago and his name would be "Li Hong" they claimed. Many other prophecies have pointed out the year 1999 as the beginning of the real end times battle of good and evil(ie Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, Tu Bei Tu etc).

Well, now consider the following: From China in modern times there is only one big spiritual movement coming out: Falun Gong(Falun Dafa). Secondly, it is the No 1 enemy of the Chinese Communist Party and they started persecuting Falun Gong in 1999. Thirdly, the Master of Falun Gong is called: Li Hongzhi.

PS: As an extra spice the Daoist prophecy also claims Li Hong will teach ten dharma lessons which can cure all your diseases and Falun Gong´s main book Zhuan Falun contains ten lectures and it is said Falun Gong can have miraculous health benefits.

Wikipedia about Li Hong: LI Hong - Messiah

Another link to information about this prophecy and many others: Expandourmind

My conclusion: Check out the Falun Gong teachings: Falun Dafa(Falun Gong)

I wish everyone good luck in their quest for truth about the future.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thank you for pointing this out. It's interesting to me that any Taoist would make a prediction like this. Will study the links.

Nice thread BTW.

On Li Hong:

Li Hong is a messianic figure in religious Taoism prophesied to appear at the end of the world cycle to rescue the chosen people, who would be distinguished by certain talismans, practices and virtues.

Myths surrounding Li Hong took shape in literature during the Han dynasty. He is depicted in the Taoist Divine Incantations Scripture as an ideal leader who would reappear to set right heaven and earth at a time of upheaval and chaos.

Li Hong is sometimes considered to be an avatar or reincarnation of Laozi, with whom he shares the surname Li. Prophesies concerning his appearance have been used to legitimize numerous rebellions and insurgencies, all of which rallied around a Li Hong.

These were particularly prevalent during the fifth century, and continued to appear until the Song dynasty.

link

On Falun Dafa

The focus of Falun Dafa practice is the mind, with the cultivation of one’s mind and thoughts, or “Xinxing,” being singled out as the key to increasing Gong energy. The height of a person’s Gong is directly proportionate to that of his Xinxing. The concept of “Xinxing” encompasses the transformation of virtue (a white form of matter) and karma (a black form of matter). It also includes forbearance, discernment, and abandonment—that is, forsaking ordinary human desires and attachments, and managing to endure the most trying of ordeals. Much is encompassed by the concept.

link

Sounds pretty complicated to me.

edit on PMq000000pmSunday0000001720 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: climbhome

I'm guessing when you say 20,000 years it's a typo or misunderstanding. This predates the first Taoist text by a considerable margin.

It should be noted that there is no precedent for prophecy in The Tao te Ching, which is the foundation of the religion. This is part of additional piling on years later when gods and other things, which I consider nonsense contrary to the spirit of The Tao te Ching, were made part of the canon.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe
a reply to: climbhome

I'm guessing when you say 20,000 years it's a typo or misunderstanding. This predates the first Taoist text by a considerable margin.

Well, yes you are right about the typo error, it´s my own fault, I am sorry about that. What are the mathematical odds for this prophecy?... Plus that Truthfulness-Compassion-Tolerance that Falun Gong emphasizes is very attractive to many people.

Falun Gong attracted around 100 milion people in 7 years and spread to more than 100 countries, an unbelieveable figure. Let´s see what the future holds for Falun Gong and its practitioners.

top topics

join