It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of my favourite from the "best" UFO sightings/encounters

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yah. That's basically a 'religious belief' from my perspective (I WAS in military nuclear power).

But I have 'not totally confirmed theories' myself, so I'm not going to be excessively disagreeable.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

Yah. That's basically a 'religious belief' from my perspective (I WAS in military nuclear power).

But I have 'not totally confirmed theories' myself, so I'm not going to be excessively disagreeable.

Kev

Well I thank you for your restraint but I would like to add that nowhere did I state military as the only, nor in fact the prime option now, did I?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You got me there.

Breakaway civilization is so far off the tracks I don't list it as possible.

Also 'super compartmentalized' is nearly as bad.

But I suppose those might be viewed as my prejudices.

Nobody voted me As UFO (or anything else) "Grand pubah". I prefer being a bear not a bird.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
I used to like the JAL case but recently after more research I found out that the pilot was a massive UFO believer and had made previous claims and to add to that his version of events and that of his fellow crew members was very different, I believe there was no mention of a giant craft by them.

Being a UFO believer precludes people from having a sighting/encounter then?

The objects were also tracked on radar, in the vicinity of the 747. Does being a UFO believer falsify radar data as well?

Until I see proof, I treat that as a professional drive by. Just drop a few comments, enough to poison the well just a bit, then scatter. If it was just the pilots word, it would go down as just another sighting and filed in the round bin, but with all the external evidence, I think it will remain at the forefront of credible sightings.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the good reading!
It's a bit more refreshing than political/doom and gloom posts.

These articles as well as the return of the X-Files should be able to hold me over for a while

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

A Blimp in Alaska in 1936. Seems pretty unlikely.

The Norge was in Alaska in 1926. It was part of a polar expedition and had to be dismantled in Nome and shipped due to damage. It was never near the southcentral area.

This article from 2013 says the blimp that visited at that time was the first since the 1920's.

I can't find any evidence of a blimp in 1936?

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Best Abduction Incidents

Betty and Barney Hill en.wikipedia.org...

Travis Walton www.travis-walton.com...

Best British incident

Rendlesham forest www.nickpope.net...

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear
a reply to: neformore

My favorite account was my own of course - the 2013 Black Triangle UFO sighting I had, for about 45 seconds;
It made no sound; it had no exhaust; it had no visible aircraft parts; it went from horizon to horizon in about 45 seconds (I have no idea whether that is fast or slow). It appeared quite large and I could see top, bottom and 2 of the 3 sides in great detail. It changed shape into 3 other forms while I watched it, and did various other things that would get me hauled off to the funny farm if I talked about it

Wow, that looks very similar to what I saw in the midlands area in 1998. We saw it a few times on from Bristol to Birmingham in a car journey

The object was right on top of the car, and it was huge. But it was dark. Me and my older brother in the backseat of the car saw it at the time. It was a triangle at first that changed shape into a square and then back into a triangle. A few months later in the same year people reported seeing UFO "triangles" in the sky around the same time. So we weren't the only ones. We never bothered reporting it. So I assume there are tons of UFOs that are never reported that we never get to hear about. Come to think of it, thats the first time I have ever mentioned it here on ATS too.
edit on 2 2 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
RE:Lonnie Zamora incident

Does anyone know more of Lonnies history, he was born in UK but a sergeant over seeing something in New Mexico.

Thank you for this thread, it's gave me a lot to read up on I'd never heard before. It makes a change from the usual political rabble.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
So, I've been thinking, as there is a current slump (it appears) in UFO activity (I believe such things are cyclic, and possibly next year will be a big year), and there are so many hoaxes out there on the net these days, I thought I'd revisit some old cases and list five that really stand the test of time for me. They probably aren't what you expect, but here goes....

Great thread.

In regards to UFO incidents that stand the test of time for me is
1.) Betty and Barney Hill
2.) The Alagash Abductions

However in terms of bizarre that posters might not know about here is that of Jan Wolski “alien abduction” or "Emilcin Abduction".

In 1978, a Polish guy named Jan Wolski was travelling on horse and cart, until he came across two beings that were 4ft tall and had the common description as to what we now refer to as “Greys” (but with a green face), although they did have ears. They were wearing silvery grey coloured outfits that were tight fitted.

As Wolski passed them the two creatures noticed him and then decided to get on his empty cart. They did this by bouncing along as if their shoes contained springs. When Wolski looked backed to see WTF was going on, one of them pointed forward as “Yeah, continue…..”

However the two beings DID in fact talk to each other, but in a language that Wolski could not understand. They seemed to be in high spirits and enjoying themselves. Wolski thought of them as foreigners as they had slanted eyes and very high cheekbones.

Once his cart entered a clearing, they jumped off. It was then that Wolski saw a white UFO that was shaped like a house with a pitched roof, hovering some feet above the clearing. A black object came down from the UFO and it was then that one of the “aliens” signaled to Wolski to come on over.

Wolski saw no evil intent or danger, so he climbed down from his cart and walked over. The being then gestured to enter the box, which he did, and the black box was taken up to the UFO. It was here that Wolski saw what he thought were controls to a ship.

On the ground was birds that were either dead or paralysed. It was here that he was asked to undress where he was examined with an object that looked like two dishes, probably scanning him. He was then asked to redress and then asked to go back to the black box like apparatus. The “lift” then descended with two beings with him.

He then seemed to have enjoyed his time so much with the beings that he decided to “bow” after he got off the lift and raise his hat as a means of respect. The aliens bowed in return. The lift went back upto the UFO and then the UFO departed at high speeds.

And then there is this "The Pascagoula UFO Abduction".

edit on 2 2 2016 by Debunkology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I've interviewed Nick Pope 3 times, met him in person and had some lengthy discussions with him about the subject matter of UFO's He's not prone to hyperbole, he is very very careful with his words, methodical and structured in how he approaches and presents things Given that his official report for the MOD was written and submitted before anything became public knowledge, with reference to the fact that his department concluded something very unusual overflew the UK that night, I'd say that is fairly cut and dried that something did.

Nef, I applaud you for the thread. But the reports that came out of the MoD regarding the Cosford incident do not really support Nick's modern telling of the story. The available information points to the likelihood that it was an IFO (not a UFO).

There are two MoD documents referring to the case : DEFE 24-2086 and DEFE 24-1967.

The first one contains various documents and correspondence dealing with investigation into the case and witness statements. An excerpt from that In Nick Pope's own words

It seems that an unidentified object of unknown origin was operating in the UK Air Defence Region without being detected on radar; this would appear to be of considerable defence significance, and I recommend that we investigate further, within MOD or with the US authorities.

However BUFORA and Vicente-Juan Ballester Olmos investigated the case and provided information that points to a likely explanation. Information which is contained within the documents in large parts.

Earlier in the night (ie. 30th March 1993), the Russians launched a radio satellite into orbit. The rocket booster of the Cosmos 2238, as it was known, re-entered the earth’s atmosphere, breaking into pieces in the early hours of the 31st March 1993.

Astronomer Gary Anthony obtained a NASA data computer simulation of the trajectory of the decaying booster. Its path shows it would be easily visible whilst crossing the British Isles around the same time as the first sightings. It passed over the South West of Britain around 1.10 and 1.15 am. Correspondence also confirms that Nick Pope spoke to RAF Fylingdales who (eventually) confirmed a Russian rocket had re-entered the atmosphere around the relevant time with a margin of error of about an hour.

The lower altitude sightings seen at RAF Shawbury that occurred about an hour after the decay of the booster rockets were identified as a Welsh police helicopter following a stolen car down the A5. Snr. Ballester Olmos also contacted Nick Pope with an explanation for the sightings a year later enclosing copies of a NORAD statement and computer simulation showing the UFO as the booster rockets from the Russian Cosmos 2238 satellite.

In his reply (dated 6th April 1994) Nick Pope stated:

“I think it is clear that most of the UFO sightings that occurred on the night in question can be attributed to this event.”

Source : MoD - DEFE 24/1967/1

Nick has since maintained that a satisfactory explanation has never been given for the sightings on the early morning of 31st March 1993. So if there was a UFO over Britain then it coincided with the return to earth of a Russian rocket booster.

The documents can be purchased from the National Archives for a small fee if anyone wants to confirm these details.

edit on 2/2/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I’ve heard of all of the case listed ..(good interesting list bythe way)

My all time not debunked UFO Incident has
to be Shag Harbour...

Very likely that was ET!!!

edit on Tue, 02 Feb 2016 17:22:34 -0600225America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

"Mine" was a triangle that morphed into a cube...then into a pyramid, then back into a triangle.

It wasn't dark. It was perfectly illuminated...maybe 5 minutes into dusk.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Debunkology

Cases like that sound just like Faerie Tales.

And I mean it literally.

Careful examination of such cases, and you will eventually find (don't ask my references - it's in Vallee's books or the like somewhere), that the "controls" are obvious fakes.

And in general, any supposed 'nuts and bolts ship' that has no engine room, no power plant, no "anything" sounds much more like stage play props.

I love these kind of stories.. there must have been thousands of them from the late 1800's onward.. but people don't tend to admit to such stories, at least back before it was "fashionable".

Course I could be wrong.. Vallee and others could be wrong..

Our Universe could really breed little curiosities who fly around the Universe in little "craft" accomplishing absolutely nothing, and doing absolutely nothing with cheesy props thousands of times for natives of one cheesy planet.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I guess what they do makes sense to them. They may think we throw most of our time away on odd and pointless pursuits. I wouldn't blame them.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   
''Alien Caught in WEildlife Forest'' is my favourite one.. terrible

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I guess what they do makes sense to them. They may think we throw most of our time away on odd and pointless pursuits. I wouldn't blame them.

Or .. 1 billion percent more likely based upon the evidence.. there is something else going on, that has nothing to do with our juvenile fantasies and science fiction thrillers.

Kev

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The lower altitude sightings seen at RAF Shawbury that occurred about an hour after the decay of the booster rockets were identified as a Welsh police helicopter following a stolen car down the A5. Snr. Ballester Olmos also contacted Nick Pope with an explanation for the sightings a year later enclosing copies of a NORAD statement and computer simulation showing the UFO as the booster rockets from the Russian Cosmos 2238 satellite.

Hmm. Lets see what the RAF Meteorological Officer at the base said

He described to me how it had moved slowly across the countryside towards the base, at a speed of no more than 30 or 40 mph. He saw the UFO fire a narrow beam of light (like a laser) at the ground and saw the light sweeping backwards and forwards across the field beyond the perimeter fence, as if it were looking for something. He heard an unpleasant low frequency humming sound coming from the craft and said he could feel as well as hear this - rather like standing in front of a bass speaker. He estimated the size of the craft to be midway between a C-130 Hercules transport aircraft and a Boeing 747. Then he told me that the light beam had retracted in an unnatural way and that the craft had suddenly accelerated away to the horizon many times faster than a military aircraft.

Now, not wishing to be picky, but I think an RAF Officer would be able to tell the difference between a Police Helicopter and what is described there - wouldn't you?
edit on 3/2/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

edit on 3-2-2016 by gortex because: Meh

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join