It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five of my favourite from the "best" UFO sightings/encounters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Jonjonj

I left out the Beligian wave in the hopes that someone would bring it up.

I'd dearly love to have been out there when that stuff was going on. There is a lot of speculation that it was some form of Stealth aircraft but I think that's baloney - would love to hear your take on it

I think that my take no it would require an answer that I am incapable of giving to be honest. In a nutshell I believe that it was indeed tech, maybe military, but definitely earthbound.
I am leaning towards super light weight composites along with a small fusion type reactor powering motors in a platform solely dedicated to observation. Think a hollow shell with corner motors that can rev up to stupid rpm, so fast they may get heated.

Here is a funny thread, it started in 2005 and died, then came alive in about 2015, check from about page 2 or so, some interesting info there.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Forgot to add it would clearly be unmanned if it were to exist, but the fusion power would create stupid amounts of electricity compared to batteries or engines.
edit on 1-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

edit on 1-2-2016 by Jonjonj because: speeling lol

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose
Guys, are there any significant UFO sightings and/or abuductions from this century, I mean for the past 16 years?
Because everything mentioned above is from 60s, 70s, 80s... nothing from 00s or 10s.

As I can't recall any recent stories and probably don't have enough information either, would somebody fill me in with more recent cases on this subject?
Thanks in advance!

The most significant from the time period you listed is mentioned a couple of replies down - Stephenville, TX from 2008.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Necrose
Guys, are there any significant UFO sightings and/or abuductions from this century, I mean for the past 16 years?
Because everything mentioned above is from 60s, 70s, 80s... nothing from 00s or 10s.

As I can't recall any recent stories and probably don't have enough information either, would somebody fill me in with more recent cases on this subject?
Thanks in advance!

The most significant from the time period you listed is mentioned a couple of replies down - Stephenville, TX from 2008.

It's strange though, nothing significant has happened since then? It's 8 years I mean...quite some time, innit?

Hey, I can remember the damn incident from Taipei, 2012???
Where a couple of objects would appear during the New Year's Eve celebrations around the 101 skyscraper.
What is the credibility of that? Has it been debunked? Hmm

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I have one, only one. I still can't explain it, I also can't escape the feeling that whatever it was it wasn't of this world...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Well, its your perogative to dismiss it but I will say this...

I've interviewed Nick Pope 3 times, met him in person and had some lengthy discussions with him about the subject matter of UFO's

He's not prone to hyperbole, he is very very careful with his words, methodical and structured in how he approaches and presents things

Given that his official report for the MOD was written and submitted before anything became public knowledge, with reference to the fact that his department concluded something very unusal overflew the UK that night, I'd say that is fairly cut and dried that something did.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
One my favorites is the Levelland, Texas sightings from November 1957.

Multiple independent reports on the same evening of a strange, glowing object - in some instances parked on the pavement in the middle of the road before taking off - that caused the wintesses' car engines to stop.

The Southwestern UFO Wave of 1957
edit on 1-2-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Eklutna, AK Sighted on Thursday 15. October 1936 Reported on Monday 05. February 2001 Shape: Cigar | Duration: 3 minutes. Source: NUFORC Two men approached by a cigar-shaped object in the night sky.I happened to be in Alaska because I had been working for Washington Fish & Oyster Co... ... we flattened ourselves in the snow when it passed overhead. In the few moments I looked at it, it was to all appearances cigar-shaped with the bluish light on the side.

Hmm 1936 ?

I wonder.....

notice Blue Light

Its either Made Up from the mind of an artist
or Someone actually saw a Cigar Shape Object in the Sky

or from what i read .... sounds like a Blimp

Oh, joy! a truck it had to be with one headlight burned out. Wrong! It was not on the road but up in the AIR! This was startling to say the least. The sound we heard was like the sound of a jet turbine being shut down--not a high pitched sound. Dumbfounded--it took a few seconds for us to react. It seemed it was moving rather slowly--maybe 35-40 miles per hour. In the ensuing moments we flattened ourselves in the snow when it passed overhead. In the few moments I looked at it, it was to all appearances cigar-shaped with the bluish light on the side. However, a few seconds later, when light faded some, i looked up and it appeared wider. Peterson and I were now standing up looking at the object heading east. It was headed toward a mountain or high foothills. As we kept looking at it, we both thought it would crash into the mountain. It seemed to lift up and went over and down the other side

www.nuforc.org...

edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago231 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The recent mufon sightings are always fun to look at
mufoncms.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I'm curious how this design would work around the following problems:

1 - sonic booms
2 - non aerodynamic turns (say 90 degrees)
3 - no aerodynamic surfaces....no lift
4 - even unmanned...lots of stress on the frame.
5 - how to control a UAV far exceeding what a
Remote human operator could control
6 - Dosing the population with hard radiation.

Just curious...no hostility.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I used to like the JAL case but recently after more research I found out that the pilot was a massive UFO believer and had made previous claims and to add to that his version of events and that of his fellow crew members was very different, I believe there was no mention of a giant craft by them.

Is this more true than what has been said before, I have no idea but after reading more about the captain I begin to wonder how much was fact and what was fantasy. Such a shame as for me this was a very credible case initially.

Edit: Just saw the Cosford incident, now this I can go with as both my wife and I saw and reported a giant triangle craft about 3 years after that incident, and when I say giant I mean it, huge, silent, 3 yellowish lights on the underneath corners (1 per corner) and a red one right in the middle underneath. Someone once suggested it was a balloon but the shape and size plus no aerodynamics of a balloon made me realise this was a solid craft and way bigger than "two concordes tethered together", I've seen concorde land many times at Heathrow before it was taken out of service, came in right over out heads (while you were still allowed to stand by the car parks) and this thing was massively bigger.

So for me the Cosford incident rings true, not exactly the same as we saw (no lazer) but very similar...
edit on 2-2-2016 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ScalarZero

No problem.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: neformore

The only case I still have left is the 76 Tehran incident but think there is a logical explanation behind that too.

I feel that the Tehran Incident is so solid that it is possibly 'un-debunkable'.
edit on 2-2-2016 by Iamnotadoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

It's stood for this long so hopefully you are right , I don't know what Parviz Jafari encountered that night but would still like to think it was not of this world.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
I used to like the JAL case but recently after more research I found out that the pilot was a massive UFO believer and had made previous claims and to add to that his version of events and that of his fellow crew members was very different, I believe there was no mention of a giant craft by them.

Could you post a link to any of that? I was not aware of that information.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Is this more true than what has been said before, I have no idea but after reading more about the captain I begin to wonder how much was fact and what was fantasy. Such a shame as for me this was a very credible case initially.

I just saw a show recently which stated the same thing, that the pilot during that famous JAL UFO sighting, was a previous UFO enthusiast and the crew's recollection after the fact claimed they never actually saw a UFO and their stories were all over the place. I'm trying to find this now on YT.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
My favourite UFO incident isn't famous at all, but its my favourite because it involved my Grandfather on my Mothers side. There are not a lot of details but the story goes like this....

One night in a town called Coalville in Leicestershire, UK, my Grandfather is woken by the dog barking at something outside, now this would have stood out for him because the Dog, a German Shepherd named Rex, never barked at noises or people outside. Now, my grandfather was an aviation enthusiast, a regular plane spotter who would spend time at airshows and at our local airport watching aircraft come and go, he was also very good at building and flying radio controlled aircraft so it would be safe to say he knew what he was seeing in the sky. So, he gets out of bed to see what the dog was barking at and when he looks out of the window he sees a large cigar shaped object hovering above the Gasworks yard that was opposite his home, he watched it for a while and eventually it shot off at very high speed. He told people what he saw but i don't think anyone took the story seriously. It was my Mum that told us this story. Like i say i don't have any details but this is what i was told when i was a young lad and it has sparked a lifelong interest in me. I'm not sure of the exact year but my mum was still living at home with her parents so 50's or 60's i guess.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

I'm curious how this design would work around the following problems:

1 - sonic booms
2 - non aerodynamic turns (say 90 degrees)
3 - no aerodynamic surfaces....no lift
4 - even unmanned...lots of stress on the frame.
5 - how to control a UAV far exceeding what a
Remote human operator could control
6 - Dosing the population with hard radiation.

Just curious...no hostility.

Kev

I will try to answer in a way that makes some kind of sense.

1. No sonic booms because perhaps the only time it actually went supersonic was when it was being chased at high altitude by the f-16's, no one to hear them. Also, and again pure speculation but I believe work has been done to try to avoid them.
avoiding sonic booms

2. The same way drones can turn at those angles, make your object light enough and your motors powerful enough and you can do that, no problem, the only real restriction there is human physiology being smushed all over the inside of the object.

3. Motors create lift, no aerodynamic surfaces needed.

4. As I said, the idea is lightweight but extremely strong monocoque like design.

5. Think video game flight programs, why could they not work remotely?

6. I don't know but if they even have the capability of making a small, let us say beachball size fusion reactor, I am sure they would also make the necessary shielding, if it is even necessary .

I have absolutely no proof at all about this obviously, but in my mind that kind of idea is not out of the reach of serious developers and seems to fit both the object(s) reported and also be a bloody good idea for those who want that kind of thing.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Being a UFO believer precludes people from having a sighting/encounter then?

The objects were also tracked on radar, in the vicinity of the 747. Does being a UFO believer falsify radar data as well?
edit on 2/2/16 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Shielding and UAV operators without AI assist are the biggest problems (shielding becomes most Of the weight)

In 100 years though? Sure.

Kev

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I believe that in some quarters they are already ahead of main stream science by more than 100 years though, so for me at least that isn't really the issue.

'
'

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join