It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz’s Iowa Mailers Are More Fraudulent Than Everyone Thinks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
It came out a couple of days ago that Cruz sent some mailers out that looked like they were from official sources that said "Voting Violation" and attempted to shame Iowans into voting. The Iowa Secretary of State came out and disavowed the mailing, which also graded voters on their participation in past elections. This is public information so it is not exactly a privacy violation, or so we thought.

It turns out the mailers are even worse because the "grades" they gave voters are completely bogus. Not only are there no such thing as grades for voting, the "grades" contain untruthful information. Yet Cruz has doubled down on this and has said anything that turns out the vote is a good thing. Apparently, even if it is lies.

Here's the article from the New Yorker
edit on 1/31/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I don't think Cruz has anything to worry about. Didn't his dad say that Cruz was chosen by God to lead America? GOD...now that's some pretty stiff competition. I don't think even Trump can compete with that.

www.patheos.com...

edit on 31-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

This bothers me. I know it isn't unique to Cruz and it is perfectly legal but, it just doesn't sit well with me.

If it was Trump, he could just say "yeah, whatever, I'm just doing what I have to to win" and that would be the end of it because he isn't claiming the moral high ground.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cruz is a better choice than Hillary....that's not a compliment btw

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This guy is bad news.
A few days ago he was God first Country second; yeah that looks like something a God first guy would do.

twitchy.com...

Ted Cruz says he’ll use every tool he can, including controversial ‘vote shaming’ mailer

This guy is a special kind of bad.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

everyone is a better choice then Hitlery .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In my honest opinion this ends Ted Cruz' bid for Presidency.

He's done. People don't want to be hustled, manipulated, lied to directly and threatened by mail.

And for him to double down on it makes him appear very dishonest and borderline criminal.

This is going to be the defining move that ends him. He went for the Hail Mary to the wrong end zone.

edit on 31-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
This is the ethics of a man who wants to be president.

I suppose lies, false promises and general BS are the new standards for our leaders to follow.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
They are in violation of nothing except Ted Cruz's angelic denominations.

A choice not to vote is a vote not to support the choices.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
As much as I think Trump is an arrogant smarmy child, I don't think he would shaft and manipulate voters by DIRECT MAIL in a manipulation campaign like this.

Hearing of this story made me think if the "World Domination" video Cruz made at 18, where he looked like am angry Science Club kid telling his inner most wishes....and it makes sense now

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm not at all surprised about any fraudulent thing the clone of McCarthy does since I saw this little gem...

edit on 31-1-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2016 by NateTheAnimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
As just a regular voter, somewhat conservative, but not rabidly so, I thought, well, I don't want Hillary for sure, and though I kind of like Trump's bluster and willingness to say what he thinks without regard to how it plays out, I REALLY don't want him as President because I consider him naive, so that leaves Cruz, whom I was more or less neutral on, but this appalls me no end. It's just downright crude and shameful.

Guess I'll look a little more closely at Rubio. If this scandal (and that's what it is) throws Cruz for a loop, that might allow Rubio to bust through. I dunno; I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing, frankly. I'm not excited about anyone. Guess it depends on how pissed off Iowa is over this.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator

I'm not at all surprised about any fraudulent thing the clone of McCarthy does since I saw this little gem...

Yeah I'm officially creeped out by him after watching that. Very uncomfortable feeling now

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

You and I are on the same page....

Trump lost me when he intimated Megyn Kelly was menstruating during the first debate then criticizing Fiorina's looks....
I mean, come on, he's running for president of the United States....u can't act like a petulant child if u are to helm the most accomplished nation in the history of mankind...
Furthermore, a us president must be quick to reason and slow to anger....not the other way around...

But it goes to my disdain for Hillary that even trump is a [slightly] better choice in the end...

-Christosterone

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
At this point I wish Rand Paul had better numbers. I would feel good about voting for him.

Instead it looks like I'm going to be forced into a vote for the Man-Child BULL$4iTTER Twitter addict...Trump

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
A choice not to vote is a vote not to support the choices.

How's that working out for you?

I'm sure after this election year, everything will change and 'better candidates' will arise. right?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Does this idiot really think this will garner him votes?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What if Sanders & Trump joined forces...yeah crazy but
everything seems crazy ATM. Bernie Pres & Trump VP?

Do you think that would be a Grand Slam?

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
As just a regular voter, somewhat conservative, but not rabidly so, I thought, well, I don't want Hillary for sure, and though I kind of like Trump's bluster and willingness to say what he thinks without regard to how it plays out, I REALLY don't want him as President because I consider him naive, so that leaves Cruz, whom I was more or less neutral on, but this appalls me no end. It's just downright crude and shameful.

Guess I'll look a little more closely at Rubio. If this scandal (and that's what it is) throws Cruz for a loop, that might allow Rubio to bust through. I dunno; I'm pretty bummed about the whole thing, frankly. I'm not excited about anyone. Guess it depends on how pissed off Iowa is over this.

Pretty apt assessment. Like many I'd like Paul (or Johnson) but, it's go time here so pretending the electorate is prepared to do that isn't realistic. At this point, it's looking like Trump or Rubio.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wasn't Rubio the man who stated some issues are too hard to deal with.

If running the country is too difficult, fine. Allow someone who will take up the challenge to do it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join