It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not so much a rant, but more of a "meh" as the kids are saying

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Yes you two are gonna have to mud wrestle this one out.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Mud or Jell-O? And she better watch out, I am a hair-puller.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Let's see, woman with dragons vs fairy with butterflies... I hope HBO picks up some ideas here.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
Let's see, woman with dragons vs fairy with butterflies... I hope HBO picks up some ideas here.

Oh, yeah, and we know how HBO likes their fantasy women attired.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Bluesma

Oh I thought he was referring to white powder.

Meh

I have removed flags and added them I apologize

I knew it was you messing with the flags.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

There may have been another troublemaker involved in that juvenile behavior.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: reldra

There may have been another troublemaker involved in that juvenile behavior.

Well, now I will have to go to every thread and add a flag. wait..no..I don't know.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Honestly, this thread...the responses to it (the majority of them) are precisely what I thought it would be.

Yes, I wrote this thread with regards to the way society is today wanting to blame Caucasians for unfair privilege.

I wrote it, because I am tired of being told that I am guilty of everything from so called "micro-aggressions" to full on racism.

Hell, I've got my very own slaves sleeping in the shed during the storm we're getting tonight in Denver. At least... that's what current pop culture and society would have you believe.

Honestly, if you didn't get what I was talking about in my original post, I have to say, you're not an ace at reading comprehension.

So, thank you to the majority of responders here for proving me correct.

edit on 31-1-2016 by nullafides because: OCD grammar squirrels, that's why....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Yes, I wrote this thread with regards to the way society is today wanting to blame Caucasians for unfair privilege.

So I was correct. And you even accused me of putting words in your mouth.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Yes you two are gonna have to mud wrestle this one out.

You predicted this? Wow! You're amazing!
edit on 31-1-2016 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: nullafides

Look, I'm just gonna say I feel a micro-aggression commited towards me because of this thread and I am heading to my safe place.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

give them some candy

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Honestly, if you didn't get what I was talking about in my original post, I have to say, you're not an ace at reading comprehension.

I'm taking my flag back. I was trying to be nice and actually take your complaint with compassion.

In case it never crossed your mind, there are people who do NOT live in the USA, and have absolutely NO idea about the current trends, fads, and social movements going on within it.
If you want to be cryptic and implicit on a forum of international audience, expect some won't get it, and that doesn't mean there is anything wrong with their reading comprehension.

Insulting people who try to be nice to you... well, gee, I wonder why people assume you are likely to be inconsiderate and racist. Big fricken mystery.....not.

But there was this great bit of advice in here by one of the responders, and I will choose to take it to heart-

Best not to let what random strangers on the internet say affect you personally. Its easy to be a jerk in anonymity, some feed on others reactions to their abuse or indifference.

edit on 1-2-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

Geez, here I was guessing WP meant White Protestant

There was no mention of "WP" at all?
So where y'all pulled that one out is still beyond me.

There is a diversity of people in my life.

There is a diversity of people whom I work with.

There is a diversity of people whom I respect, and love.

There is a diversity of people that I have hired.

I was raised to value diversity. As it is the key to understanding.

However, my patience is growing thin.

I am growing weary of being told how I am guilty of being a bad person. I am tired of being told how I don't even realize that I am a bad person, because it is invisible to me...and therefore impossible for me to understand.

And quite honestly, I have grown weary of being being told in a rather anonymous manner whenever I post something I feel is important, how I should just lay back and take the abuse...because, I am guilty.

I just read an article that appalled me. It was clear to me that the person who wrote was so utterly delusional, so self absorbed and hopelessly lost. My thought was to post it here. And to post my thoughts.

But knowing the outcome, "meh".

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 04:58 AM
link   

You aren't the only one who has grown weary.

The sad thing is the number of people happily being victimised without realising it, who have bought into the delusions and actually believe the propaganda.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

I'm assuming you may not be aware that white privilege is a myth perpetrated by racists who hate white people.

These same racists hold all white people responsible for the acts of their ancestors yet these same racists accept zero responsibility for the acts of their children.

Here, this picture better explains their enigmatic mindset...

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Diversity is over-rated. Familiarity is much more comfortable and leads to greater happiness. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   

How long have you been away from America? He complains of being painted racist so he is likely white.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How long have you been away from America? He complains of being painted racist so he is likely white.

I've lived in europe for 23 years now. I don't really much care what his skin color is- I am judging him on his comments, as an individual, and regardless of color.

I actually think the whole current white guilt and privilage thing is BS, and a manifestation of racism in action.
But I suspect, if his behavior here is representative of his usual social behavior, the negative reactions he gets might be more linked to his behavior than his skin color....

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

edit on 1/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join