It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The post box in Bermuda numbered 666 which receives Google profits worth £8BILLION a year

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gpols

www.abc.net.au...

Technology giant Apple had total income of about $6.1 billion, but only $247 million of that was taxable income.

The company's tax payment was the largest of the multinational tech giants at just over $74 million, but that only equates to around 1 per cent of its total income in the 2013-14 financial year.

How much tax major corporations pay

The ATO has identified the major firms that paid no income tax in the 2013-14 financial year. See who's paying what.
Apple's competitor Microsoft had taxable income close to $104 million, less than a fifth of its total revenue of $568 million. Its tax bill was about $31 million — just 5 per cent of its income.

Google's total income was about $358 million, but only a quarter of that was taxable. Google's tax bill was $9 million.

All three gave evidence to a Senate Inquiry about their tax affairs earlier this year.

Cleaning company Spotless Group, which has been accused of underpaying its staff working at department store Myer, made about $2.2 billion, but paid no tax.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

edit: That was for the 2013/2014 financial year

We have the GST aka Consumption tax on all Goods and Services in Australia, doesnt stop the largest corps from rorting the system...Great responsible companies they are!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

What do you all think? 10% rate too low or not high enough?

For about 10 years now our GST has been 10%. The "powers that be" have put it out their that it needs to be raised as a "starting discussions". If the GST - services component was supposedly going to capture all components of tax avoidance as touted to the Australian public in 1999 you would think everyone would pay their fair share. Obviously not.

New Zealand GST Calculator. Services Tax in New Zealand changed from 12.5% to 15% on 1 October 2010

A 2.5% increase on 12.5% is an INCREASE of 20% in one fell swoop. Politicians always look after the big boys; the excuse being that they provide employment. The actual history shows that the "middle class" is no longer a middle class but lives from paycheck to paycheck.

The big elephant in the room is the Buruea of statistics changes how the cost of living is calculated to suit the Government. When petrol prices are high they exclude them from their "basket of goods" The inflation is much higher than proclaimed.

Always remember that inflation is a tool by the Govt to pay off their debts in future dollars that are of lesser value.

Its all a game and we are their pawns

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Half the Tory cabinet have off shore accounts and are doing nothing about closing this loop hole. Of course Bermuda depends on this for their economy, so I'm guessing no one is in any hurry to stop it.

I wonder what Black Projects that lot will be invested in?

Sounds about right and in fact it's now been reported that the Tories are actively lobbying against closing the loophole....

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: onequestion

Paying as little taxes as possible? Nope.

I personally do not know anyone that wants to pay more taxes. Do you?

I agree with you, but I don't think Google is "anyone." I think Google with the billions of dollars they are hoarding more hurt our economies rather than help by doing this. At the very least, give it to the shareholders so they can pump the billions back into the economy. Google not only ducks taxes, but they hoard the cash away, as does many corporations today.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

See it doesn't really make sense unless there is major corruption going on. If you get rid of all other taxes and have just a 10% tax on everything you buy including services, there isn't any taxable write downs or anything. A company sold this pencil for a dollar which they make 90 cents and 10 cents goes to the government, no questions asked. No, well the company operated at a loss BS, you sold a million dollars worth of pencils then 100,000k of that goes to the government for the tax.

I'm not even going to pretend to know how it works in AUS, but a major component of how business is done would have to be changed. That being, the tax isn't owed after the business cycle and write downs, it's owed on the spot. If you do it that way then, for example, the government GDP is 1 trillion dollars the government gets 100 Billion. Because it effectively becomes a GDP tax that way.

It would also enforce good governance because the higher the GDP the more money they would have for pork projects.

But that is how the corporations do it, write downs and operating costs they also have billions of dollars to spend on tax lawyers that spend their days looking for loop holes.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
I think Google with the billions of dollars they are hoarding...

The money is not hoarded, it is in a financial institution which in turn uses those funds for other purposes. This is not the same as stuffing the money in your mattress.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Half the Tory cabinet have off shore accounts and are doing nothing about closing this loop hole. Of course Bermuda depends on this for their economy, so I'm guessing no one is in any hurry to stop it.

I wonder what Black Projects that lot will be invested in?

Sounds about right and in fact it's now been reported that the Tories are actively lobbying against closing the loophole....

www.theguardian.com...

I know, it speaks volumes about the party of the workers doesn't it?

They cannot afford to ruin things for themselves or their betters, they need to ensure that way of life continues. All the while they are taking more and more of our money through back door laws. Laws attached to bigger profile laws passed through Parliament, with very little, to no mention in its passing.
edit on 31/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Globalists don't recognize pesky sovereign nations and hate borders so why would they give them taxes? They probably see it the other way around, that nations owe them tribute.
edit on 31-1-2016 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

The MSM pundits like to see everyone else pay more taxes, besides themselves that is. They clamor about it all the time in the news and elsewhere. For all those free handouts I suppose.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The MSM pundits like to see everyone else pay more taxes, besides themselves that is. They clamor about it all the time in the news and elsewhere. For all those free handouts I suppose.

Well, I feel the opposite, I want lower taxes.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

www.abc.net.au...

Technology giant Apple had total income of about $6.1 billion, but only $247 million of that was taxable income.

The company's tax payment was the largest of the multinational tech giants at just over $74 million, but that only equates to around 1 per cent of its total income in the 2013-14 financial year.

How much tax major corporations pay

The ATO has identified the major firms that paid no income tax in the 2013-14 financial year. See who's paying what.
Apple's competitor Microsoft had taxable income close to $104 million, less than a fifth of its total revenue of $568 million. Its tax bill was about $31 million — just 5 per cent of its income.

Google's total income was about $358 million, but only a quarter of that was taxable. Google's tax bill was $9 million.

All three gave evidence to a Senate Inquiry about their tax affairs earlier this year.

Cleaning company Spotless Group, which has been accused of underpaying its staff working at department store Myer, made about $2.2 billion, but paid no tax.

And they gave politicians 27 Million since 1998
Clearly they are one of the chosen ones

www.opensecrets.org...
Apple Inc
LOBBYING
$27,083,008
since 1998

Lets see how much Google gave
www.opensecrets.org...
LOBBYING
$75,400,000
since 2003

Here is 75 million politicians, now look the other way

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

And how many people do you know that setup PO boxes with the numbers 666 to evade taxes?
Why evade that detail in the first place while your trying to keep a straight face saying " nothing to see here" .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
This is what tax reform is all about.

Stop with the loopholes and lower the rates.

Right now, some companies can funnel their money around and use the many loopholes to avoid paying almost everything. So, even though we have a corporate tax rate of 35%, companies like GE can avoid almost all their domestic income tax liability. $0 of 35% is nothing and they do it legally and they make sure the pols set it up that way.

Flat rate, no loopholes with a lower percentage and you might get 10 to 15% out of them. Sure, I know you greedy types think that's "not enough" of all that money ... but face it, 10 to 15% of what they make is still a whole lot more than the $0 of 35% you are raking in now. And if you make the colossal mistake of electing Bernie and he gets his darkest wish, you would have to openly confiscate the company and its assets in order to get even one year of 90% of their revenues.

You would only play that trick once, and then you would have to turn your greedy eyes on those of us who simply don't have the means to flee the country but still have more than you in order to try to fuel your Marxist Utopian fantasies.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: everyone

And how many people do you know that setup PO boxes with the numbers 666 to evade taxes?
Why evade that detail in the first place while your trying to keep a straight face saying " nothing to see here" .

I know some good masons Augustus, and by good i mean good people who care about their country, but you strike me as an interesting one based on your comments its hard to get a read on you. I know you aren't stupid, which immediately puts you in the 50th percentile on ATS. Maybe I'm being generous.

Also in regards to OP I don't think it's an accident that their PO Box is 666. Or if you typed Sept. 21 2012 into Google Maps it brought you to CERN. Too many strange things and Google is right in the thick of it. Or perhaps Google is trolling everybody.
edit on 2/1/2016 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is what tax reform is all about.

Stop with the loopholes and lower the rates.

Right now, some companies can funnel their money around and use the many loopholes to avoid paying almost everything. So, even though we have a corporate tax rate of 35%, companies like GE can avoid almost all their domestic income tax liability. $0 of 35% is nothing and they do it legally and they make sure the pols set it up that way.

Flat rate, no loopholes with a lower percentage and you might get 10 to 15% out of them. Sure, I know you greedy types think that's "not enough" of all that money ... but face it, 10 to 15% of what they make is still a whole lot more than the $0 of 35% you are raking in now. And if you make the colossal mistake of electing Bernie and he gets his darkest wish, you would have to openly confiscate the company and its assets in order to get even one year of 90% of their revenues.

You would only play that trick once, and then you would have to turn your greedy eyes on those of us who simply don't have the means to flee the country but still have more than you in order to try to fuel your Marxist Utopian fantasies.

When a company makes billions a year in profits and still only pays it's employees minimum wage there is a problem. And I typically am conservative libertarian on most issues, especially regarding personal and human rights. You have to look at how corporations were supposed to originally be chartered, and how income taxes were designed specifically for corporations and not individuals. How far we have fallen in this country where we even need to have this debate. And if you think they would let Bernie get in and destroy their piggy bank you have another thing coming. Plus it seems odd that he's been in congress for 30 years and nobody has heard a peep from him until now.
edit on 2/1/2016 by smarterthanyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Lisit

Google's communications chief Peter Barron today insisted the billions of pounds funnelled from the search engine's global network of subsidiaries had no impact on the firm's tax bill in Britain.

In other words, it makes no difference to the firm's tax bill in Britain because they won't pay any whether they stash the cash in Bermuda or anywhere else...so no difference.

So does that make the statement honestly crooked?

edit on 1 2 2016 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I guess it all depends on how many deposit boxes a particular bank has. Being that I do not believe in the fairy tale boogey man Devil the number is inconsequential to me.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   

This is outright cheating, are you lost?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

a reply to: everyone

I guess it all depends on how many deposit boxes a particular bank has. Being that I do not believe in the fairy tale boogey man Devil the number is inconsequential to me.

The fact on whether you believe in the devil or the number associated with it for as long as it has or not is rather irrelevant as everyone knows about it and its supposed meaning. I also do not belive in the devil but i certaintly do recognize the meaning of its symbols and motives to use it.More soi find it rather ironic and to say the least strange that a Mason who's cult is based and founded on symbolism and secrecy and use symbolism to convey and keep secrets and messages "Pooh-Pooh's" at symbolism like this and shrubs it off as meaningless "nothing to see here" attitude because you claim that you personaly dont believe in this particular one.

edit on 1-2-2016 by everyone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join