It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The post box in Bermuda numbered 666 which receives Google profits worth £8BILLION a year

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
Google has no office, no staff and little more than a plain PO Box numbered 666 on the sunny Caribbean Island of Bermuda.

But it still sends £8billion in profits a year to the island - which happens to have a 0 per cent corporation tax rate.

Google's communications chief Peter Barron today insisted the billions of pounds funnelled from the search engine's global network of subsidiaries had no impact on the firm's tax bill in Britain.

WTF?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lisit
www.dailymail.co.uk...< br />
Google has no office, no staff and little more than a plain PO Box numbered 666 on the sunny Caribbean Island of Bermuda.

But it still sends £8billion in profits a year to the island - which happens to have a 0 per cent corporation tax rate.

Google's communications chief Peter Barron today insisted the billions of pounds funnelled from the search engine's global network of subsidiaries had no impact on the firm's tax bill in Britain.

WTF?

Well, of course not...but then the reason it is funnelled to Bermuda that happens to have a 0% corporation tax, is?

Å99

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lisit

First NASA, then CERN, now Google ? What's with these guys and their occult ideologies..oh wait, never mind, I already know the answer.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I try to minimize the amount of taxes I pay so it would stand to reason Google would be doing so as well.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I try to minimize the amount of taxes I pay so it would stand to reason Google would be doing so as well.

"...no impact on the firm's tax bill in Britain."

...clearly, and in the plainest of 'communication' - that is not the reason...hahaha

"...insisted..."

Å99
edit on 31-1-2016 by akushla99 because: Lies

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lisit
Good thing PO BOX 666 was available, they mat have needed to find another island to cheat on Taxes on.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Are you getting paid to support these conglomerates and the government?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Yeah. Jealous?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
In case it didn't ring a bell for everyone, Bermuda is the northernmost point of the Bermuda Triangle.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Do you honestly not see something wrong with this?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lisit
In case it didn't ring a bell for everyone, Bermuda is the northernmost point of the Bermuda Triangle.

...fitting...disappearing billions...lol

Å99

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Paying as little taxes as possible? Nope.

I personally do not know anyone that wants to pay more taxes. Do you?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Paying as little taxes as possible? Nope.

I personally do not know anyone that wants to pay more taxes. Do you?

Idea for a business enterprise -

International brokerage with PO boxes, funnelling taxation to Bermuda for all citizens of the planet...

Å99

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Half the Tory cabinet have off shore accounts and are doing nothing about closing this loop hole. Of course Bermuda depends on this for their economy, so I'm guessing no one is in any hurry to stop it.

I wonder what Black Projects that lot will be invested in?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sometimes I wonder about you.

Really...

link   
a reply to: akushla99

I think the Caymans and Luxemburg beat you to it.

link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
Sometimes I wonder about you.

Really...

What is to wonder? I am pretty clear with my views.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

a reply to: akushla99

I think the Caymans and Luxemburg beat you to it.

I'm just throwin' it out there...

I'm wondering why there is a PO box in Bermuda...it's patently NOT to avoid tax...

Å99

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: akushla99
I'm wondering why there is a PO box in Bermuda...it's patently NOT to avoid tax...

You are too smart to fall for that one. The banana in the tail pipe trick, maybe, but not tax avoidance.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The kicker with these offshore tax havens is that the money usually stays in the bank account and if withdraws are made it's small amounts at a time.

While they may skimp on paying the corporate tax rate as soon as they access that money to bring it back into the country it is taxed. At least here in America it is.

This is why I favor a flat tax rate on consumable goods and services instead of income. Especially since we are a consumer economy.

What do you all think? 10% rate too low or not high enough?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join