It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't get it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   

What am I missing here?

It seems mods can jack with posts, bump them without dating and such. So mods can edit without leaving a trail like everyone else?

If that's the case, I trust there is an ability to view revision listings from staff easily, else the power could be abused.
edit on 31-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Maybe it was the site owner? I thought mod edits were always shown.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

If that's the case, sure, SO can do as he likes on his own site, as can all sys/web admins. It's an inherent trust we accept as participating members. It showed posted by skyfloating 1min ago, thou, so that confused me.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese
If they believe that members are in danger of forgetting things we need to aware of (as, in this case, guidelines about avatars), then they will indeed just bump the relevant threads.
Thus if posting on the boards is getting testy and irritable, they might re-bump old threads warning members about the use of language.
It will normally be "business" threads of this kind.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Staff has a button that allows us to bump a thread to the top to refresh it. So even though the last post is old, I think it just reregisters that as the most recent. Then it showed up on top for everyone to see again.

There's a staff log that all actions are recorded in, but it's not publicly available.

I think that answers your questions. If not, I'll do my best to find the right answers!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

edit on 31-1-2016 by Jonjonj because: answered by mod

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

There's a staff log that all actions are recorded in, but it's not publicly available.

First i have ever heard of this

I know this is probably going to be a no but....

would staff ever make this public in the interest of transparency and if not then why not?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

First i have ever heard of this

I know this is probably going to be a no but....

would staff ever make this public in the interest of transparency and if not then why not?

I have noticed this a few times but only ever with supermod/owner posts re decorum and site rules.

It makes sense to be able to pop a thread back up to remind members every once in a while.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Most staff actions are rather bland: moving/closing threads, giving applause.

Other actions, ones which take place between staff and members, are kept private as a matter of policy.

Either way, you're really not missing much.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Yes. This answers the original curiosity, and the log satisfies the needed oversight to keep staff from abusing powers.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Asked and answered. Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join