It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quetzalcoatl and Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shane
By any of this, the Sea People are the Phoenicians/Minoans.

Ciao

Shane

Shane,
The Sea Peoples identities are a mystery to us, so people that are unaware often hypothesize to no end about them on internet forums.

But their identity was no mystery to the Egyptians.

At Ramses III's mortuary temple at Medinet Habu, the names of the tribes making up the Sea Peoples is listed, showing us that the Egyptians knew who they were.
link
Neither the Minoans nor the Phoenicians are listed there.

Our problem is, in modern times we don't know who some of the named tribes were.

If you decide to look further into this, understand that many sites on the net erroneously refer to this temple as "Ramses III Victory Temple."

The Phoenicians were never attacked by the Sea Peoples, leading some modern scholars to speculate that they were behind the Sea People's invasions in some way.

After the Sea Peoples, Phoenicia had basically a monopoly on the grain market.

I've posted this info before, and I'm pretty sure you've read it before.

Harte

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

originally posted by: Smokey0
a reply to: Marduk
You're in for a RUDE awakening if you think Thoth is imaginary. He's an Annunaki daemon and is very real.

As real as any other Egyptian god, Anunnaki, or daemon.,

In other words, imaginary.

Egyptian gods are fallen angelics, you're now going to tell me spirits are fake? Lol
In fact it's ignorant that you're not even aware that the Annunaki, Vedic/Greek/Roman/Canaanite gods, daemons and Egyptians gods are ALL ONE IN THE SAME. Osiris is Sumerian Anu. He is the original Annuna. But you already knew that XD

edit on 3-2-2016 by Smokey0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:20 AM
link   

You're in for a RUDE awakening if you think Thoth is imaginary. He's an Annunaki daemon and is very real.

Egyptian gods are fallen angelics, you're now going to tell me spirits are fake? Lol
In fact it's ignorant that you're not even aware that the Annunaki, Vedic/Greek/Roman/Canaanite gods, daemons and Egyptians gods are ALL ONE IN THE SAME. Osiris is Sumerian Anu. He is the original Annuna. But you already knew that XD

I find it pretty amazing in this day and age, that people like you are still stuck in the 1970s

Osiris and Anu are one and the same, really, like you've never even heard of this guy
Amun

I would also be happy to state that Hartes knowledge of this subject makes yours look like an infant

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Yes, spirits are fake.

And yes, I'm aware of the particular self-delusion to which you refer. I will say I've never seen Osiris called Anu. Given that these two mythological constructs had basically nothing in common, people usually don't make such a ridiculous claim. The usual claim is that Atum was Anu.

I'm also aware of exactly how and why it is a position of ignorance.

Harte

EDIT: Marduk's post forces me to add this - it depends on which ennead you consult.

H.
edit on 2/4/2016 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

EDIT: Marduk's post forces me to add this - it depends on which ennead you consult.

H.

Gods that masturbate on a mountain top can't be wrong

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

H.

Gods that masturbate on a mountain top can't be wrong

Yep. That's where lava comes from.

harte

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ciao

Shane

Shane,
The Sea Peoples identities are a mystery to us, so people that are unaware often hypothesize to no end about them on internet forums.

At Ramses III's mortuary temple at Medinet Habu, the names of the tribes making up the Sea Peoples is listed, showing us that the Egyptians knew who they were.
link

Our problem is, in modern times we don't know who some of the named tribes were.

If you decide to look further into this, understand that many sites on the net erroneously refer to this temple as "Ramses III Victory Temple."

The Phoenicians were never attacked by the Sea Peoples, leading some modern scholars to speculate that they were behind the Sea People's invasions in some way.

After the Sea Peoples, Phoenicia had basically a monopoly on the grain market.

I've posted this info before, and I'm pretty sure you've read it before.

Harte

Hi Harte,

Another wonderfully informative link, thank you very much.

However, i do take issue with this link when it states that slow moving foot soldiers would have fared badly against fast, archer borne, chariots. As any student of ancient battles, chariots are only effective if the infantry don't have effective tactics against them - otherwise they are next to useless. Perhaps the real success of the sea peoples in military terms was that they tactics for chariots that were at least several hundred years (and possibly more) ahead of any rivals?

There could be a whole combination of reasons for this. For example, if the "sea peoples" had extensive trade networks (as has been suggested but no so sure on actual evidence), then simply covering the shields with silk would have negated the effectiveness of archers on any chariots. This is but one example, not even taking into account that a horse won't charge a shield wall.

As an aside, i have seen a documentary that suggested there was evidence that Rameses had not in fact defetaed the Sea Peoples but had, in fact, hired them instead.

posted on Feb, 4 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Ciao

Shane

Shane,

link

Harte

Hi Harte,

Another wonderfully informative link, thank you very much.

However, i do take issue with this link when it states that slow moving foot soldiers would have fared badly against fast, archer borne, chariots. As any student of ancient battles, chariots are only effective if the infantry don't have effective tactics against them - otherwise they are next to useless. Perhaps the real success of the sea peoples in military terms was that they tactics for chariots that were at least several hundred years (and possibly more) ahead of any rivals?

Meh.

I only posted the link because it contains the translations of the tribe names on Ramses III's temple.

I didn't read the rest of it and I'm not looking to opine on whatever else was said there.

I used to have a link to a scholarly paper on the subject of Medinet Habu. That was three hard drives ago. It's probably somewhere in the Google returns I got when i googled "Medinet Habu Sea Peoples," but I didn't care to spend the time looking for it since the site I linked had the same translations I remembered.

originally posted by: FlavianAs an aside, i have seen a documentary that suggested there was evidence that Rameses had not in fact defetaed the Sea Peoples but had, in fact, hired them instead.

Well, the temple shows the various different ethnic groups of the Sea Peoples in bondage, and each tribe is dressed in a different way so...

Harte

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You're in for a RUDE awakening if you think Thoth is imaginary. He's an Annunaki daemon and is very real. These Mayans didn't get their knowledge from #ing thin air.

Wow, is he also a time traveller
Thoth 3100bce
Quetzlcoatl 1500bce

The Mayans got their knowledge from the Olmec, you would already know this if you'd actually taken the time to study the culture, rather than sitting there in your tinfoil hat

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think the blinders are manganese, by the way.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join