It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quetzalcoatl and Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I found this beautiful site: Kelly Moore
and in it she writes:

The tradition of Quetzalcoatl originated in Central America near the time of Christ’s crucifixion. Various written accounts establish the following beliefs regarding Quetzalcoatl that were prevalent in Mesoamerica during the sixteenth century—
• He was born of a virgin.
• He was associated with a new star.
• He performed miracles.
• He taught the practice of baptism.
• He was associated with the cross.
• He was a symbol of death and resurrection.
• He sent disciples to preach His word.
• He prophesied of future events.
• He promised He would come a second time.
• He was the Creator of all things.
• He caused a great destruction in Central America circa 34 A.D.
• His children will become lords and heirs of the earth.

Taken together, these beliefs clearly mirror the accounts of Jesus Christ’s birth, death and ministry in Palestine that are recorded in the New Testament.

Is that true? That would be pretty intriguing evidence cultural evolution is somewhat predetermined, isn't it?
Just think about it: two societies one in the ME, the other in SA develop independent and end up with the same myth.
Besides the pyramids, also something they have in common also with a social function.
Thoughts? Or book recommendations?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Here is an article that discusses it.
In short it is a "con" argument to the claim.
www.tektonics.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Punisher75

Thanks, from your source:

Allen then states that this may mean that the material could be "biased from an Indian point of view in an attempt to protect the religious beliefs or biased on the part of the Spaniard in an attempt either to correlate the Mexican history with Christianity or to present the opposite point of view and to equate the history of the Mexicans with workings of the devil."

This is a suspicion I had too.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Punisher75

Thanks, from your source:

Allen then states that this may mean that the material could be "biased from an Indian point of view in an attempt to protect the religious beliefs or biased on the part of the Spaniard in an attempt either to correlate the Mexican history with Christianity or to present the opposite point of view and to equate the history of the Mexicans with workings of the devil."

This is a suspicion I had too.

I think it is a fair assessment of the whole thing. People have tried to correlate various religions with Christianity for a long time, both non Christians to say that it is a copy or as a way to say Christianity is trying to steal from such and such. As well as by Christians trying to apply some apologetic in effort say, "see YHWH was here to."

I have little confidence in either claim.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I've seen this a few times and I can tell right from the start that it was written by a Christian, because most of the claims are nonsense.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Is that true? That would be pretty intriguing evidence cultural evolution is somewhat predetermined, isn't it?

hm..if true...not the first thing I'd conclude. I would first think...they probably got the substance for the myth..from some previous myth...same as Christianity did.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

I just stumbled over it, when i read about the feathered serpent. Such a beautiful symbol to use for a deity and apparently the olmecs(?) where using it too, so it would be a lot BC...
Don't look so angry. At me? Still if anyone has interesting books about it, please do tell.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Churchianity needs to connect everything back to their religion at some point. So everywhere was really christian in their mind, just lost their way or was suppressed.

Wouldn't be so different from the Nazi crap Hitler promoted as a belief system, they even went to foreign countries like Tibet and hoaxed finding their 'roots' there, complete with archeological digs, skull measurements and artifacts.

Tibetan Nazis, lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
When will Quetzalcoatl return?

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

excerpt:

Quetzalcoatl - when will he return?
Posted on Sunday, 30 December, 2012 | 3 comments
Columnist: L.M. Leteane

“The Mayan Prophecy, can only be understood through Quetzalcoatl, their beloved god who started off their Calendar”, says author L.M. LETEANE. The following is an extract from his book They Came From the Sky:

Quetzalcoatl, who is also the Egyptian Wisdom-god Tehuti (Thoth), had cryptically promised them that he would return on ‘the thirteenth instance of my magic number’. Thoth-Quetzalcoatl’s ‘magic number’ is actually 52. But since the Mayan calendar ends abruptly on its thirteenth Baktun, many thought that this was the ‘magic number’ he was referring to…a number he also used often.

What is a Baktun? It is a period of 144 000 days—a number or figure also associated not only with those to be saved at the ‘end of time’, but also with the number of blocks used in building the Great Pyramid of Giza. The name ‘Giza’ is a pointer to who the builder or great architect is. It is Thoth himself, whose Sumerian name was Ningishziddha, and ‘Giza’ is a further abbreviation of Gizzida, how he was affectionately called.

More here
www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

I personally think that Quetzalcoatl is Enki who in effect is 'an Egregore'.

Mod Note:
Please review about posting work written by others. Thanks

edit on 1/31/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

You know, in South Korea or some place like that, it looks modern there anyways, and people have stores with Nazi clothes paraphernalia etc. It's amazing really never thought such a place existed.

I believe i found it on this website here called www.tomatobubble.com...
edit on 1/31/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Taken together, these beliefs clearly mirror the accounts of Jesus Christ’s birth, death and ministry in Palestine that are recorded in the New Testament.

The devil always tries to mirror Jesus.

Jesus was human.
Quetzalcoatl is a feathered serpent, a.k.a seraph or top ranking angel = Lucifer

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

I read somewhere crystallinks maybe that he was an extra terrestrial. And indeed both toth and quetzalcoatl. But i don't think so...

Cool thanks for the book!
edit on 31-1-2016 by Peeple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

The devil always tries to mirror Jesus.

...and Justin Bieber.

Oh there were others. At one point I was certain..that the devil has taken residence inside the body of Macaulay Culkin. That child had the devil in him for sure.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

There are other stories in the bible that show up in the historic human experience as well . This is one but there are others that are well documented .

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Wow what a bunch of credulous crap in this thread all of a sudden

here's a little heads up for you

1. Sitchin lied to you, he was not a historian, he was a journalist
2. The bible lies to you, it is not a history book, its a book of faith

Have a nice day now

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I have read many ancient codices, and i have to say that they feel corrupted.

My personal belief on this matter is-

They arrived.
They torched every papyri they could find.
They forced them to rewrite everything, to make it easier for the new hybrid religion.

The same thing happened everywhere, they spoiled almost everything.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't think she is corret. Quetzacoatl is from around the time the Spaniards first show up.

The ancient God that brought civilization was Varicocha (iirc)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Quetzacoatl = Aztec dating back to the Olmec's
Viracocha = Inca
Kukulcan and Gukumatz = Maya

same God, same symbology

edit on 31-1-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I found this beautiful site: Kelly Moore

While the site beautifully expresses her interpretation of Quetzalcoatl, she has drawn her information from some very bad sources and does not have the knowledge (or google-fu) to find the truth. I don't think she trusts Wikipedia on the topic of Quetzalcoatl, but she really should have paid attention to it.

for example....

The tradition of Quetzalcoatl originated in Central America near the time of Christ’s crucifixion.

The tradition of a "feathered serpent" deity arose somewhere in a 200+ year "window" (100 BC-100 Ad or so). You can't use that as an argument for "near" any date. The culture where this god was first found is not the culture that named him Quetzalcoatl.

...and this can be proven, as you see if you follow all the links in the Wikipedia notes. If you try to find a source for HER statement, you will find it either leads back to Sitchin (and from there it leads nowhere, since he made the information up) or that it has no source.

• He was born of a virgin.

Two gods are his parents, and I'm not sure that any "god" actually qualifies as a virgin. Particularly since his mother is associated with "sexual power." (if you google for her name) Several fairly late legends have him born of a virgin... but those arose within the last 400 years or so.

• He was associated with a new star.

Venus is not a star. Nor did it suddenly appear. It's at least as old as Earth (4 billion years or so)

• He performed miracles.

Google and see if you can find a list of those.

• He taught the practice of baptism.
• He was associated with the cross.
• He was a symbol of death and resurrection.
• He sent disciples to preach His word.
• He prophesied of future events.
• He promised He would come a second time.
• He was the Creator of all things.
• He caused a great destruction in Central America circa 34 A.D.
• His children will become lords and heirs of the earth.

Most of this is derived from some offshoot Mormon beliefs - most Mormons would not agree with this.

You asked for recommendations - I'd suggest that you use the search engine at scholar.google.com - it's less ad driven and less popularity driven than the other search engines and will chop out some of the silly fluff that's pulled out of someone's imagination.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join