It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There's an African Union?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I feel so ignorant right now, ATS. I didn't know that there is an African Union and it's been in place since May 26, 2001.

The African Union (AU) is a continental union consisting of 54 countries in Africa. The only African state that is not a member is Morocco, due to the status of the Western Sahara, although Burkina Faso and the Central African Republic have had their memberships suspended due to the recent coup d'état and ongoing civil war respectively. The AU was established on 26 May 2001 in Addis Ababa and launched on 9 July 2002 in South Africa,[6] with the aim of replacing the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). The most important decisions of the AU are made by the Assembly of the African Union, a semi-annual meeting of the heads of state and government of its member states. The AU's secretariat, the African Union Commission, is based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.

Now that I know this, it makes me reflect on all of the issues concerning Africa since 2001: The growing of the African economy, the spread of African influence in media, the resurgence of the African Space program, the killing of certain African leaders; namely Ghadaffi. Remember that Ghadaffi wanted to unite Africa under a single currency called the Dinar..? Politically, I think those in charge of the African Union wanted to stop him because it interfered with their plans for controlling the African economy which is at about $3trilliion.

GDP (PPP) 2014 estimate
• Total US$3.757 trillion[2][3]
• Per capita $3,568
GDP (nominal) 2014 estimate
• Total $2.390 trillion[4][5]
• Per capita $2,173

Maybe it's nothng but the conspiracy nut in me sees things differently. What says ATS?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I honestly thought this was as common knowledge as there being a EU, UN, NATO and so on.
edit on 31-1-2016 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well, in my defense, I didn't start visiting ATS until 2011. That's when my eyes were opened.
edit on 31-1-2016 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Sorry i just read over that again, my apologies for sounding so condescending.

new topics

top topics

join