It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daesh Attack Shia shrine in Syria , at Least 45 Dead in 3 Blasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Daesh claimed responsibility for the attack via social media , Syrian state TV say the attack consisted of 2 suicide bombers and a car bomb.

At the scene: Rami Ruhayem, BBC Arabic, south-eastern Damascus
The destruction is huge. The building in front of me on Koua Soudan Street is charred black in the middle. I'm told that there is a military headquarters on the ground floor and families also lived in the five-storey building.
There is a fruit stall with blackened oranges all over the floor.
I can also see a large number of charred vehicles, including a bus in the middle of the street which is almost completely destroyed and overturned. The smoke is still rising from one of the cars on the side of the street
www.bbc.co.uk...

New year ,same old , sad thing is I think we're all becoming desensitized to the daily death and destruction that seems endemic in the Mid East these days , seems there's no end in sight.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes it is such a sad situation for anyone half innocent in Syria. The regime of Assad is stating this as being proof of the Daesh clowns being linked to the opposition instead of using it to condemn Daesh and Gain some support the Syrian population ..

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well, sadly when you have two Muslim denominations hell bent on killing each other off you get this. It is not the first. The mayhem in Iraq, for example, with all the markets and shrines blown up by each religious faction is indicative of the brutality of these religious loons.

Allah Akbar, and all that.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wonder what is the daesh demands for peace? Create zionist central banks in those countries? Give zionist right to claim natural resources etc?

I am sorry for the loss of life..
edit on 31-1-2016 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Surely the few nutters are not representative of the many , I think the vast majority from both factions only want to live their lives in peace , they are the ones who pay the price in blood for the actions of the few.

a reply to: romilo

Wonder what is the daesh demands for peace?

Daesh aren't interested in peace , they aren't funded by Israel either.

edit on 31-1-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: romilo

I can't imagine why it occurs to you they want peace. If peace is what they want, they would be cultivating it across the middle east. Instead they cultivate death and destruction.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well, sadly when you have two Muslim denominations hell bent on killing each other off you get this.

Oh, if it were only two.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: romilo

Complete Submission.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Surely the few nutters are not representative of the many , I think the vast majority from both factions only want to live their lives in peace ,

Is it the few though? It's not just ISIS as they are a recent addition.

The brutality stops when there is no one of difference to kill. It's been going on for hundreds of years, except now they have smartphones, AK47s and social media.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

So, we let them duke it out.... And if the bad guys win we carpet bomb them. No worries of killing the Muslims we do like. If the Muslims we do like win, no problem. We don't have to do a damn thing... It's a win, win. /rolls eyes
edit on PMAmerica/Chicago240901pm by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

New year ,same old , sad thing is I think we're all becoming desensitized to the daily death and destruction that seems endemic in the Mid East these days , seems there's no end in sight.

Sadly its not only the Middle East.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And the lack of responses in both of these threads suggests we are becoming anaesthetised to it all, even somewhere like ATS.

As you say, there seems no end in sight.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Indeed Fellow Knight ...

Some of the before and after pics from Damascus are quite sobering ...

And that is becoming the new norm ...

Sad.

Ni !
edit on 1-2-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

top topics

join